[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Dealz wrote:
Could i reforge off the Fire DMG and reforge in Chaos DMG using the Harvest Crafting?
That definitely sounds like a good idea. I dunno how is it on console but on PC there is option for "advanced mod description" that will show you which category mod belongs to. If you use "remove fire mod" that should only interact with whatever has the "fire" category on it.
Hey

So Sorry for the DM

As mentioned I have a Lv3 Enlighten Gem and then the +1 from helm so effectively +4 enlightened And the Aspect is on my Bow So Discipline is 30% Malevolence 44% Spider aspect is 40%

Any way to get this down even further?

And then can you replace Essence drain with Caustic Arrow Short explanation as to why IM asking this

The bow I have has +2 to bow skill gems and +1 to all skill gem's And the 2 Should do more or less the same thing correct? or is the interaction different with Contingent, I can do more dps essentially with caustic to single target or atleast Thats what I suspect

Thanks!
"
Azuryflx wrote:
Hey

So Sorry for the DM

As mentioned I have a Lv3 Enlighten Gem and then the +1 from helm so effectively +4 enlightened And the Aspect is on my Bow So Discipline is 30% Malevolence 44% Spider aspect is 40%

Any way to get this down even further?

And then can you replace Essence drain with Caustic Arrow Short explanation as to why IM asking this

The bow I have has +2 to bow skill gems and +1 to all skill gem's And the 2 Should do more or less the same thing correct? or is the interaction different with Contingent, I can do more dps essentially with caustic to single target or atleast Thats what I suspect

Thanks!

The support gems in your bow (the duration ones) are increasing the cost of your aspect. It should be 25% reservation.
"
The support gems in your bow (the duration ones) are increasing the cost of your aspect. It should be 25% reservation.

Swift Affliction, Efficacy Support

Cause that it seems strange interaction Kinda sucks xD Guess ill have to get aspect on another item as well then can I even do that?
question regarding Cluster Jewel.
Do you also invest in new passives after you insert cluster jewel?
Hello guys, thank you for the best build I've ever seen, Darkxellmc. I switched to it the moment I saw this *What to upgrade next* section and how detailed build is overall.

So, I'm sorry for the silly question but I'm at the point of upgrading when I've just got 3 endurance charges and the next point is 2000+ ES. But I have only 1700 atm, with 218 ER Ire and 294 ES Vertex. Should I've searched for ES on rings? Because getting it on amulet not by crafting itself is impossible, and I'm pretty bad at crafting.

"
Bigmoist2k17 wrote:
question regarding Cluster Jewel.
Do you also invest in new passives after you insert cluster jewel?
Yeah you need to have enough passives to spend them into a jewel for its nodes to do anything. For example a medium cluster should cost you 4 passive points to fill it up.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
saft030 wrote:
I tried the damage overtime w/ 2 hand weapon on abyss jewel and it doesn't work. I think coz bow is different from normal 2 handed weapons. Wasted 3ex on it but it's all worth it for science!
What do you mean it doesn't work, how did you test it? Because in POB it does work both for ED and for blight.

With this jewel my tool tip dps is 1.260

With this it's 1.230

I no longer have the damage overtime w/ 2 handed weapon but it didn't increase my damage at all when I used it. Also I've read a thread which says bows are neither 2-handed nor 1-handed.

Area damage also doesn't work on ED dots damage.
Last edited by saft030 on Jul 26, 2020, 5:02:50 PM
"
saft030 wrote:

With this it's 1.230

I no longer have the damage overtime w/ 2 handed weapon but it didn't increase my damage at all when I used it. Also I've read a thread which says bows are neither 2-handed nor 1-handed.

That's a completely different thing... "increased damage with bows" people already said does not work.

We were talking about abyss jewels not normal ones. If you have a stygian vise you're forced to put abyss jewel into it so the fact 3x dps mod non-abyss jewel is better doesn't matter because you can't put it in belt. But yes ofc for sockets in tree it's much better to have 3x dps mod non-abyss than 1-mod abyss... not even a contest.

"Also I've read a thread which says bows are neither 2-handed nor 1-handed." This is a lie. Bows are 2-handed. Quiver doesn't count as a weapon at all.

This is the type of gem I was talking about:

This mod 100% works.

Also in-game tooltip dps is a very inaccurate measurement of your real damage.

P.S. I also remember what some people define as "tooltip damage" is definitely not what they should be checking.

Sorry for lack of proper ED example just to show what I mean.
This is NOT "tooltip dps" this info is completely worthless for any dot spec:

This is the closest of what you can define as "tooltip dps":

You can find it in the middle of the spell description in the tooltip.

The fact you say your "tooltip dps" is 1.260 suggests you're not checking the relevant number. Because that number is very, very low. And it's basically the initial hit of ED which is not really important to scaling your overall damage.

Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 26, 2020, 5:37:25 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
saft030 wrote:

With this it's 1.230

That's a completely different thing... "increased damage with bows" people already said does not work.

We were talking about abyss jewels not normal ones. If you have a stygian vise you're forced to put abyss jewel into it so the fact 3x dps mod non-abyss jewel is better doesn't matter because you can't put it in belt. But yes ofc for sockets in tree it's much better to have 3x dps mod non-abyss than 1-mod abyss... not even a contest.

"Also I've read a thread which says bows are neither 2-handed nor 1-handed." This is a lie. Bows are 2-handed. Quiver doesn't count as a weapon at all.

This is the type of gem I was talking about:

This mod 100% works.

Also in-game tooltip dps is a very inaccurate measurement of your real damage.

P.S. I also remember what some people define as "tooltip damage" is definitely not what they should be checking.

Sorry for lack of proper ED example just to show what I mean.
This is NOT "tooltip dps" this info is completely worthless for any dot spec:

This is the closest of what you can define as "tooltip dps":

You can find it in the middle of the spell description in the tooltip.

The fact you say your "tooltip dps" is 1.260 suggests you're not checking the relevant number. Because that number is very, very low. And it's basically the initial hit of ED which is not really important to scaling your overall damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18439#:~:text=Technically%2C%20within%20the%20game%20bows,to%20two%2Dhanded%20melee%20weapons.

Well this was from 2012. 2 handed weapon modifiers are for 2-handed melee weapons only. not bows.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear with the dps i should've said 1.260 mil. I know where to find the tooltip DPS :D

Owned an abbys jewel with the same mod and yeah no change in tooltip DPS. I've been experimenting with the build for a while now as I was trying to go ham on DPS back then so I've tested this jewel myself only to find out that it doesn't work.
Last edited by saft030 on Jul 26, 2020, 7:51:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info