[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hey I've been leveling with your build. It is really nice and the guide is pretty clear.

But I was wondering if spreading rot is really a good option because from its position on the tree I don't understand how it has 40 intelligence in radius, furthermore we already have a spell to inflict wither.

Spreading rot works there
But you should also not use spreading rot
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:

P.S. Bex tweeted big buffs coming to harvest crafting, hopefully people can finally craft without being forced to do guild collaboration or discord craft buying. Also it means SSF people like you should be able to get something done in a timely manner without a nolife grind.

This is a weird league.
I'm usually not THAT big of a player, but this league I already have 2 best in slot items that would have been mirror tier last league (boots, ammy). I'm not really sure what the point is with harvest. We can make insanely powerful characters without nolifing the game, and I think this is great. But there's just nothnig to do when you have such incredibly overtuned gear...

Don't get me wrong, this is a welcome change of pace and was very fun, but I fully expect harvest crafting to get nuked in 3.12. -+ crafts and targeted exalts are WAYYYYY too powerful.

But buffing it again? I'm... not sure about that, actually. I guess the more people who can enjoy it, the better? maybe it'd be good to explain that this is purposefuly op and not meant to stay...
That said, I see a lot of bitching about this league being "basicly standard" and "unrewarding" on reddit. So I don't think a message saying it's too powerful from ggg would be well received, even if reddit is, as always, wrong.
Not really sure what GGG can do here.

You are in the teeny tiny 0.01% of PoE players.

Most players are just now farming white maps and are still on the "get a 6 link Cane" step of the build guide.

They haven't seen a single T4 seed or Augment seed since leaving the early parts of story mode. They haven't reached red maps and so have no bases worth crafting, haven't even heard of the trade Discord, and don't have the currency to buy Augments and Replace seedcrafts even if they did.
Just got a vivid T4 seed for the synthesis implicit (actually 2), nice. Now to make it grow...

Also cool slam:
"
Xaeghor wrote:
But I was wondering if spreading rot is really a good option because from its position on the tree I don't understand how it has 40 intelligence in radius,
You don't spec the int, it just needs to exist there even on empty points is enough.

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
This is a weird league.
I'm usually not THAT big of a player, but this league I already have 2 best in slot items that would have been mirror tier last league (boots, ammy). I'm not really sure what the point is with harvest. We can make insanely powerful characters without nolifing the game, and I think this is great. But there's just nothnig to do when you have such incredibly overtuned gear...

Don't get me wrong, this is a welcome change of pace and was very fun, but I fully expect harvest crafting to get nuked in 3.12. -+ crafts and targeted exalts are WAYYYYY too powerful.

But buffing it again? I'm... not sure about that, actually. I guess the more people who can enjoy it, the better? maybe it'd be good to explain that this is purposefuly op and not meant to stay...
That said, I see a lot of bitching about this league being "basicly standard" and "unrewarding" on reddit. So I don't think a message saying it's too powerful from ggg would be well received, even if reddit is, as always, wrong.
Not really sure what GGG can do here.
I don't mind it not going standard / permanent same as synthesis crafting. But basically the problem I see with this league is that it's 100% balanced around trading the crafts.

I haven't seen anyone do an item showcase that didn't involve "I bought seeds" or "I bought harvest bench crafts / slams", so basically if you play SSF or aren't much into trading, it feels like you might not be able to finish any project in an acceptable time frame.

Compare that to delirium where you could get a cluster base even in SSF, yes, it might have wrong number of passives but that made it only slightly worse, and dropping the correct base was the hardest part, rolling passives on it unless it was very, very specific was decently achievable with a handful of alts and regals. So it felt everyone can participate, from the top player that made OP builds (herald stackers and few others) to the common casual that could still feel the impact of a cluster jewel in their spec, even if not perfect one.

Another problem is people who don't play SSF, but their playstyle is mostly solo and revolves around selling loot and buying gear for currency obtained from selling loot. For these people "loot explosion" leagues (so basically anything from Legion to Delirium) allowed them to farm league mechanic -> sell drops -> buy stuff. Atm you might be lucky to find a valuable seed craft, but average casual doesn't know about dedicated discords and barely knows about dedicated trade chat channels. So it's much harder to sell that form of "reward" for any profit.

And generally the biggest question is - who's the target audience of action rpg games? For every person that thinks it's fun to sit in hideout and play a blacksmith there's probably 10 people that just want to kill mobs, loot stuff, progress the character so it can kill more and bigger mobs. That's why glorified breach / harbinger 2.0 will innately be more successful than a "crafting league".

And that's why Reddit says Harvest is only good for alching maps and reforging levelling gear, because the average player has little knowledge and little interest in the intricacies of crafting, so unless it's plain obvious and served on a silver platter in front of them, they don't even know what to do with it. But can't really blame them for that, it's like blaming people who play shooter games that they are more interested in shooting stuff than solving a puzzle how to devise a bigger gun.

"
evouga wrote:
Most players are just now farming white maps and are still on the "get a 6 link Cane" step of the build guide.
Most players also don't post on any reddits or poe forums, they just play, and when they get bored, they quit until next league. Average player never built a herald stacker in delirium despite poe.ninja showing leaderboard full of them. Average player doesn't show anywhere outside of internal GGG activity / participation charts, doesn't leave any feedback, and often rerolls 5 times because none of their characters ended up to their liking and then quits before they even make 10ex combined.

That's why I find it ironic when there's a sudden surge of activity in build guides around league start and people ask stuff like "which build is the best" or which build does the most damage, completely disregarding that "best" state of any build requires investment of a magnitude 99.99% of the poe playerbase will never reach, and definitely not the people who go around asking these questions (people who can make a mirror in a league already have more knowledge about the game to set trends rather than follow them).
I'm playing SSF and I find the rate of crafts fine, if a bit slow. I'm guessing the next big patch will have big improvements which will make the experience even better. Glad I went SSF, don't want to bother trading shit and getting scammed with crafts tbh.

Although I have got 4 cortex maps that are useless for me, and a few other very nice value things (awakened brutality for instance)
"
Shuggananas wrote:
I'm playing SSF and I find the rate of crafts fine, if a bit slow.
No offense, but according to your own playtime report you're averaging 12h a day of playtime... (You reported 5+ days of played on 11th or 12th day of the league few posts ago?) That's A LOT all things compared, it's closer to streamer level of dedication than average casual.
Currently 5d5h

Now mind you, I let the game run all day long even when I'm not playing since I'm WFH, so a good third of that time is idling :P

I'm at 5400 tiers for the map tiers challenge, out of 10000, if that's a better indication of my playtime.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Jul 1, 2020, 12:49:58 PM
Currently sitting at 17 conquerors defeated and I must say that I feel either too squishy (packs 2-3 shot me and if they are fast enough, or I don't have a chance to react) or it feels like I am just doing too little damage (at least in T14-T16).

I can run around bosses just fine and slowly burn them down, but some magic/rare packs take a while to bring down and they tend to overwhelm me.

Recently bought Hyrri's Ire and I must say that it's not such a big improvement as I hoped it would be.

I am trying to save up for empower, enlighten, better helm and green nightmare. It really feels like T14-T16 is out of my league at the moment.
Maybe there are some fast/cheap improvements so I can try to survive a bit longer or do a bit more damage?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/zDdwYzXM
"
pieshels wrote:
Currently sitting at 17 conquerors defeated and I must say that I feel either too squishy (packs 2-3 shot me and if they are fast enough, or I don't have a chance to react) or it feels like I am just doing too little damage (at least in T14-T16).

I can run around bosses just fine and slowly burn them down, but some magic/rare packs take a while to bring down and they tend to overwhelm me.

Recently bought Hyrri's Ire and I must say that it's not such a big improvement as I hoped it would be.

I am trying to save up for empower, enlighten, better helm and green nightmare. It really feels like T14-T16 is out of my league at the moment.
Maybe there are some fast/cheap improvements so I can try to survive a bit longer or do a bit more damage?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/zDdwYzXM

Your flasks are a mess, you need a witchfire and to replace the extra quicksilver
Empower 3 should be a nice boost
Amulet probably cheap to replace too with a random +1 chaos or +1 intel
Transcendent mind is also a good option for a big increase
Your life flask needs to be rerolled
Helmet can be upgraded for cheap enough too I suppose. Either scrown of the inward eye, vertex or devouring diadem depending on budget

Your gear looks like you didn't change it since white maps besides the cane/armor
Last edited by Shuggananas on Jul 1, 2020, 1:00:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info