[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
IMainGenji wrote:
"
Shuggananas wrote:
Get an amulet with +1 int
Spam "augment chaos", you'll hit the +1 chaos eventually.

WIP on my char :

Next chaos augment will be either chaos resistance, chaos DOT or chaos gems.
Ideally I hit chaos dot or chaos gems, so I can block the last suffix and augment the last one I need.

Once I'm done, I will "remove a life affix and add a life affix" to remove the shitty leech and hope for a good life roll

Just craft hybrid chaos resist before you augment to save 1 slam.

Pretty sure you can have chaos res and hybrid chaos res like you can have lightning and lightning chaos res.
Hi!
I am not saying that any build is "better" than any other, but most people say that low life builds have better "potential" if you have enough currency.

They say that CI builds with glancing blow and whatnot are actually "immortal".

I know all build creators are a bit biased when it comes to comparing builds, but if we would be completely objective. If we assume I have enough currency to get any items, would life or low life be better for extreme endgame?

Last edited by schalander on Jul 1, 2020, 4:54:16 AM
Hi, I have a question about the BiS bow crafting process.

In step 12 you mention this:

12) On your crafting bench, craft the following mods:
Can have 3 crafted modifiers
Cannot roll attack mods

What is the reason you need to craft "can have 3 crafted modifiers" ?

Why not just craft cannot roll attack mods and use an exalted?
"
falagar112 wrote:

Cannot roll attack mods

You need suffixes to be full so you hit the prefix.
Btw you don't need this anymore if you have a suffix that you can remove with harvest you can just use that one to fill suffixes. For instance a resistance.
So you'd have
[prefix]
DOT multi
Cannot roll attack
Resistance

Slam the +1 gems, scour the craft, remove resistance with harvest and the prefix with harvest (probably an attack mod like +X to attacks)
Last edited by Shuggananas on Jul 1, 2020, 5:18:11 AM
"
matiasgil wrote:
"
Hey guys, i just got a helm enchant "Soulrend fires an additional projectile", do you think that now it might be better for me to make a blight - cwc - soulrend links o should i keep the 6l blight?

hey guys anyone has any suggestion on this?.

Also do you still recomend Null and void if i get gloves like this:

I'd use these gloves, they're pretty cool!
For soulrend, no, I would not bother.

"
chrishobbel wrote:
I need a bit of advice.

Currently trying to get up to speed, and having much fun doing so. Just hit t10 maps and while I'm having trouble sustaining, the real issue is what to upgrade next as I'm borderline too squishy in boss fights and the last thing I did before logging off today was a long (felt like 10min) t10 veritania where I ran around in circles without flask charges and relying on Ed dot to sloooowly tick her down.

My plan is to get a six link hyrris next, then vertex (hopefully dropped in price), then finish the bow and fix the shit jewels and jewellery during all this. But maybe I need some faster upgrades.

Instead of going from 5 link cane to 6 link cane, I bought porcupines, alt spammed (like 8, super lucky) for -1 to sockets and just regaled it. Finishing the craft after hyrris.

I know what's missing from the build, so please don't tell me to lvl empower. :) I'm working on it. I'm just not sure of the best path forward.

I have about 1ex and 150c.

Any advice much appreciated!

EDIT: Forgot link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/chrishobbel/characters

Your gear's decent, but lacks damage. I'd replace this chestpiece asap, probably with a 5l hyrri's, to stabilize es to a good life/es ratio.
Try to finish your bow next, and get a level 21 ED gem if possible. It'll be a huge damage boost.
Also, you may try to grab a life + dot or chaos multi quiver, they're only a few chaos.

"
Fefenc wrote:
hello
is queen of the forest still viable in 3.11? i kinda feel slow while doing maps and might want to try it if it still works well. also what flask should i remove to use jade flask?

If you don't have enough movementspeed already, you're probably doing something wrong ^^'
A maraketh bow + ms quiver will give you 20% MS. Lab enchant 10%. Together, that's like wearing a second pair of boots.

But if, still, you want to go faster, I guess there's no stopping you...
I would replace the sulfur.

"
schalander wrote:
Hi!
I am not saying that any build is "better" than any other, but most people say that low life builds have better "potential" if you have enough currency.

I know all build creators are a bit biased when it comes to comparing builds, but if we would be completely objective. If we assume I have enough currency to get any items, would life or low life be better for extreme endgame?

As you said, there's no better build.

It depends what you're trying to achieve. If you're seeking the highest singletarget on ed, lowlife is the best for that. But it's significantly squishier.
If you seek a more versatile character and don't mind lower singletarget (or having to channel blight to reach similar numbers), this is a guide for you.
If you seek insane mapping speed, at the cost of not being able to do endgame bosses or extremely juiced maps, spellslinger is your pick.

Now, glancing blows...
What's better: Going completely out of your way to have 75% chance to take 50% less damage, or taking widely available dodge to have 75% chance to not take damage at all? Glancing blow trickster is currently actually somewhat niche, and VERY overrated imo. From the people who actually play ED a LOT, I don't see much glancing blows action this patch.
Maybe I missed something, I haven't seen good setups. Perhaps I just didn't come accross them and there's a few, but afaik, there's little point to invest in block trickster atm.

Also, if you plan on having infinite currency... I'd recommend theorycrafting with coward's legacy. There's some truly broken stuff to do, but it's VERY expensive.

"
Shuggananas wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

Cannot roll attack mods

You need suffixes to be full so you hit the prefix.
Btw you don't need this anymore if you have a suffix that you can remove with harvest you can just use that one to fill suffixes. For instance a resistance.
So you'd have
[prefix]
DOT multi
Cannot roll attack
Resistance

Slam the +1 gems, scour the craft, remove resistance with harvest and the prefix with harvest (probably an attack mod like +X to attacks)

While this saves up to 1-2ex on the item, it's not consistent for most people. You need either benches (very long to farm, let's be honnest) or trusted crafters (even harder to find than the benches, these days).
Guide won't be including this, despite it being pretty good.
Lightning/cold/fire/attack mods are such garbage for this build that you'll probably end up with a few aug/annul for them, so it's kind of a freebie to save money
It's league specific though so it's not really worth putting it in the guide. Maybe just put a word like "you can also use harvest with aug/annul on attack/resistance mods to save money to fill suffixes"
"
schalander wrote:
Hi!

They also say glancing blows ES builds got heavily hit with the 3.11 "nerf" that moved glancing blows from karui legion jewel into the tree bam right into the templar area.

That really screws them on points, best thing you can do is go all the way to templar area, pick spiritual aid, ES nodes and then put thread of hope on the templar jewel to pick glancing blows.

It's still very inefficient for ED because you don't get anything good while for example vortex or wintertide brand at least have some elemental nodes in that area so not completely wasted pathing. Pathing past Zealot's Oath for ED is a lot of travelling for small gains.

I had a discussion in the other ED thread about that, and the "optimal" gear for shield build would include something like:
- double corrupted chest with 2 gem level mods, shavs for low life ofc
- wand with +1 chaos +1 spell gems
- shield with high ES, +1 chaos gems, recover ES on block and preferably spell block to reach block cap (very hard without), good luck crafting this even with harvest aid (who knows maybe someone will)

All in all, if you had that kind of budget to be able to afford the above, I personally wouldn't even sink it into ED spec but rather in a spec that scales exponentially with investment. That's my personal opinion, so each to their own, but yes, I would build ED for 30ex but not for 300ex. Unless you're a big fan of the spec and just love investing in it.

On a moderate budget I've seen people complaining in the lowlife ED thread about being squishy which is the result of:
- lack of evasion
- low es
- lack of chaos resist

Low ES is common problem on Trickster with shavs because Trickster would rather run evasion + es hybrid rare chest to max ES, but you can only do it as CI. You need decent investment into other pieces of your gear and while a MOM/EB spec like this can run with 5k life 1,5-2k es and be fine, a pure ES build with ~6k es that you often end up with feels more "squishy" because it doesn't have evasion, so stuff like porcupines hit you all to the face. Of course you can get more ES than life, I've seen tricksters with 9-10k ES but it requires min maxing your gear to much bigger extent.

So yes, while low life has more dps potential, it's much harder and more expensive to build effectively. It's also more annoying to transition to and confusing to new players because it requires heavy respecs from life nodes to ES nodes.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 1, 2020, 6:38:53 AM
"
Shuggananas wrote:
I really don't like using discipline. You're using mana to get ES, which doesn't change much with EB+MoM (the EHP gain is minuscule)
My current setup in the diadem is second wind + flame dash, and malevolence + enlighten
I just put F&S in the boots extra slot. This build is socket starved.

^

i'm also curious how does Eldritch battery and Mind over Matter work in this. If EB cover any mana from consuming, does that mean our ES is always take all dmg until depleted before life?
"
ktankw wrote:
i'm also curious how does Eldritch battery and Mind over Matter work in this. If EB cover any mana from consuming, does that mean our ES is always take all dmg until depleted before life?
Every hit will go 70% to life 30% to es, unless it's chaos damage then it goes 100% to life because chaos damage ignores ES.

It is possible to have high enough ES that a hit would not deplete all ES but deplete all your life, but it's more likely to have too low ES and get it depleted (unable to cast spells) before your life is depleted.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

As you said, there's no better build.

It depends what you're trying to achieve. If you're seeking the highest singletarget on ed, lowlife is the best for that. But it's significantly squishier.
If you seek a more versatile character and don't mind lower singletarget (or having to channel blight to reach similar numbers), this is a guide for you.
If you seek insane mapping speed, at the cost of not being able to do endgame bosses or extremely juiced maps, spellslinger is your pick.

Now, glancing blows...
What's better: Going completely out of your way to have 75% chance to take 50% less damage, or taking widely available dodge to have 75% chance to not take damage at all? Glancing blow trickster is currently actually somewhat niche, and VERY overrated imo. From the people who actually play ED a LOT, I don't see much glancing blows action this patch.
Maybe I missed something, I haven't seen good setups. Perhaps I just didn't come accross them and there's a few, but afaik, there's little point to invest in block trickster atm.

Also, if you plan on having infinite currency... I'd recommend theorycrafting with coward's legacy. There's some truly broken stuff to do, but it's VERY expensive.

"
Viktranka wrote:
They also say glancing blows ES builds got heavily hit with the 3.11 "nerf" that moved glancing blows from karui legion jewel into the tree bam right into the templar area.

That really screws them on points, best thing you can do is go all the way to templar area, pick spiritual aid, ES nodes and then put thread of hope on the templar jewel to pick glancing blows.

It's still very inefficient for ED because you don't get anything good while for example vortex or wintertide brand at least have some elemental nodes in that area so not completely wasted pathing. Pathing past Zealot's Oath for ED is a lot of travelling for small gains.

I had a discussion in the other ED thread about that, and the "optimal" gear for shield build would include something like:
- double corrupted chest with 2 gem level mods, shavs for low life ofc
- wand with +1 chaos +1 spell gems
- shield with high ES, +1 chaos gems, recover ES on block and preferably spell block to reach block cap (very hard without), good luck crafting this even with harvest aid (who knows maybe someone will)

All in all, if you had that kind of budget to be able to afford the above, I personally wouldn't even sink it into ED spec but rather in a spec that scales exponentially with investment. That's my personal opinion, so each to their own, but yes, I would build ED for 30ex but not for 300ex. Unless you're a big fan of the spec and just love investing in it.

On a moderate budget I've seen people complaining in the lowlife ED thread about being squishy which is the result of:
- lack of evasion
- low es
- lack of chaos resist

Low ES is common problem on Trickster with shavs because Trickster would rather run evasion + es hybrid rare chest to max ES, but you can only do it as CI. You need decent investment into other pieces of your gear and while a MOM/EB spec like this can run with 5k life 1,5-2k es and be fine, a pure ES build with ~6k es that you often end up with feels more "squishy" because it doesn't have evasion, so stuff like porcupines hit you all to the face. Of course you can get more ES than life, I've seen tricksters with 9-10k ES but it requires min maxing your gear to much bigger extent.

So yes, while low life has more dps potential, it's much harder and more expensive to build effectively. It's also more annoying to transition to and confusing to new players because it requires heavy respecs from life nodes to ES nodes.

Thank you both for the very detailed and informative replies!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info