[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Where all regen comes from? In pob its very low, what are the real numbers?
Thanks!
"
Where all regen comes from? In pob its very low, what are the real numbers?
Thanks!

essence drain
"
harby wrote:
Given its mega-cheap, wouldnt an eva version of atziris splendour be decent here?

Does it beat the restless ward? It's mega cheap too.

"
Kirian42 wrote:
So hey, probably a dumb question, but it's something I see rather left out of build guides a lot.

*How* is the build best played?

I'm level 42, Act 5, because I'm a slow player. It also means stuff will be cheaper when I go to buy it! I've got my ED and Contagion set up, though probably suboptimally, I should take a look again.

(Harvest "Set an item to four sockets" and 4-link an item have been awesome for leveling.)

But... what's the best way to play. It *seems* that clearing is best done by throwing down a Contagion, then hitting with an Essence Drain... and possibly alternating the two? But I'm unsure exactly how to actually mash buttons for maximum speed/DPS/convenience. Advice?

----

Separately:

Because we're using Eldritch Battery, it seems like we should look for gear that has no +Mana or Mana Regen. Is that correct?

Is ES or Evasion more important on gear (other than head/body which are specialized for the ascension)? It seems that I have plenty of ES for casting, at least right now, so ES would seem to be a lower priority on gear other than the headpiece.

Edit: Presumably ES becomes more important when we hit MOM?

1) You're right for clear. Though at low levels (imo before 80), casting two things to kill stuff is kinda ass. If you have a 4link contagion for good aoe support, it's pretty good, but otherwise I prefer to clear with a random 4link bane.

For singletarget, just try to keep ED on the target, and blight them down. Place wither totems when they die if you have them.

2) ES is useless before MoM (as long as you can sustain mana costs).
This builds kinda has ES from fixed sources (trickster asc + body, helmet, discipline). With these 3, you'll hit the 2k required to make the MoM balance work well. So the only piece that should have good ES is your helmet, basically.
"
Shuggananas wrote:
essence drain

Oh, I totally forgot. Thanks. ED dps *0.5%?
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. This is my first real season of PoE and I have really enjoyed the ED/Con Trickster so far.

Your guide is fully informative and does not skip any important aspect that I needed while progressing through this season so far.

The flowcharts of what to gear next is not something I've seen very regularly in other guides and it has made my current potential end game path easier to chart.

Just a big thanks Darkxellmc
I play this as my league starter and kinda like the gameplay. However, i have problems with the fact, that is should be "unkillable". I'm lv87 right now and have res capped and the budget gear. But since after the storyline i died recently. On map bosses, conquerers, metamorphs and sometimes even on mob packs. I only coming to t8 actually.

So may someone have the time to possible give me some tips and/or investigate on my character? I'm at a point where it don't feel right to invest more money, because so far i can't really get it run on the lower tiers ...

Thanks!
"
Eisbehr wrote:
I play this as my league starter and kinda like the gameplay. However, i have problems with the fact, that is should be "unkillable". I'm lv87 right now and have res capped and the budget gear. But since after the storyline i died recently. On map bosses, conquerers, metamorphs and sometimes even on mob packs. I only coming to t8 actually.

So may someone have the time to possible give me some tips and/or investigate on my character? I'm at a point where it don't feel right to invest more money, because so far i can't really get it run on the lower tiers ...

Thanks!

I'm at a similar point as you (87 though I have 6L canes and a hyrri's ire 5l)

Out of curiosity how are your flasks?

I've found that having a bubbling flask|witchfire|quartz with appropriate suffixs to clear (heat/ward/etc) feels fairly mandatory and without them I felt fairly squishy. Just generally have to keep them rolling.

Additionally do you have wither support totem link going? It speeds up boss kill times pretty significantly for me. Which has reduced potential death.

While it states "unkillable" i think that references full top tier gear which isn't gonna be the case for the budget/end game start (you won't have hyrri's and 3+ endurance charges, etc). You will be pseudo squish, but you should be fast enough that you can avoid most mechanics. While this has high evasion and various defenses you really shouldn't be face tanking things.

Whats your ES at? I know its not budget but when I recently picked up Hyrri's Ire the survivability jumped through the roof.

Edit: Looked at your character profile. You need to get two 5L via reworking your canes and kints a bit (i know that sucks b/c may brick them) but getting two 5L is major bump in damage and ideally reworking your gear coloring so that you can have ES in one of the 5L. You need to get flasks updated a as well.
Last edited by Slevithy on Jun 25, 2020, 11:34:44 AM
"
Eisbehr wrote:

Thanks!

Your gear and flasks are super basic despite being 87, idk what you've been doing
"
Eisbehr wrote:

Thanks!

You are barely half built.
You are running 4 links, getting even 5 links would be an improvement.
You have no endurance charges or frenzy charges.
This build is literally unkillable when set up, and I suck and can say that with confidence.
If you are going to sink money in a build, this is it.
5/6 links will pay immediate dividends.
Rolling +1 to minimum endurance charges is well worth the investment.
Where is your phasing flask, invisibility alone can make you almost immortal.
I just got to maps last night, but it's coming along smooth, just like last league. Yes you can spend a mirror on it, but you can get it shining for a few ex.
I personally am taking freedom of movement on tree until I can afford the jewels, I like being invisible!
I just got my cane 5 socketed in the garden, now I'll hopefully find 5 link seed tonight, I got some good stuff growing :) lol I'm an assassin gardener and I love it!
This is the first time I killed Kitava and am still res capped! Feels great men! I feel I need to do something about chaos res though, I am struggling there, but lots of ele res to trade off for now.

Good luck exile!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Jun 25, 2020, 10:13:27 AM
Can someone more knowledgeable explain me the real utility of wind dancer? It seems to me that it's 5 passive point in the tree that can go elsewhere

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info