[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hey, thanks for the build and all the effort you have put into it! I am having a lot of fun with it. I finally have a build that can comfortably clear all content (I first started playing late last league).

Here's my current build

I am currently trying to min-max it and would like to hear your thoughts.

Helmet: Just crafted it today. Cost about 10 ex total. Do you think it's BIS or could I do better? Maybe sell it later and buy an even better one.

Bow: The standard 10 ex bow. Am I correct in assuming that the 'chance to blind' I got from the conquerer exalt is useless? If so, I'm thinking I might recraft it when I have no other improvements to make.

Quiver: Standard. Do I need better rolls? Is there some rare BIS quiver I should aspire to?

Body Armour: Standard. Do I need better rolls?

Amulet: Really happy with this ;p

Rings: The topaz ring is ok. I can't find anything better (at a reasonable price). I'm going to replace the diamond ring last to plug any holes (strength/ resistances)

Gloves: Pretty good. Thoughts?

Boots: Pretty good. Thoughts?

Belt: Ok. Next upgrade once I have some currency.

Thanks again for the build and all your effort!
@_Lathspell_

I would upgrade quiver to hunter rare with chaos dot multi and life (or even double dot multi if you can), especially since helmet gives you a lot of ES but no life. But it's still a pretty good helmet, 300+ es and -9 chaos res is a nice outcome from craft. :)
"
_Lathspell_ wrote:

[...]

- As viktranka said, a rare life+ double dot (+res?) quiver will be pretty damn good.
- Helmet is pretty bis to me, that'd be very hard to craft better. 320 es and -9 is no joke.
- Life catalysts on your jewelry, but you probably know about that.
- Some of your pieces could use a few divines (boots and amulet for life)
Other than that, your plan of action of upgrading your belt, then fixing res/attributes by replacing your diamond ring seems to be what I'd do too.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"

I don't like that bow much, tbh. Hit damage doesn't matter, only dot.
A double dot multi bow will perform better overall, and should cost less.

That said, if the difference is only 10k shaper dps, I wouldn't care about it. It's the end of the league, and you won't sell your current bow. So, 10ex for a 10k dps increase is just not worth it.

Besides, getting above level 30 ED is a bit pointless. You are exactly on 30, but with an empower 4, you'd hit 31 and diminishing returns. At that point, dot multi would be significantly better.

ty a lot, try to buy an empower and i think will cost a lot less of 10ex :)
"
How does this build go in hardcore? Am I going to get one shotted like an idiot easily?

Thinking of leveling with mines to around act 5 where ill switch into an ED contagion setup and then follow this guides build for my league start next league.

This is my first league, but my second character. Tried this build in HC and didn't have any problems really.

Died in Act 7 or 8 because I leveled my gems without noticing that I was standing on the zombies that spawn AoEs after they die. YASD
One issue I've had in previous uses of ED is betrayal encounters. Specifically, it can be hard to actually kill all of them without some just running away. Now to be fair, I usually ended up switching to a different build before pushing too far. (Usually around needing empower + ED bow tier) So my question for anyone who runs this, are those encounters ever an issue once you get up and running?

In almost all cases I am ok with having some lower single target DPS. I don't need to kill every boss instantly. But during those encounters it just sucks really bad to let them get away.
Last edited by Orion19819 on Jun 5, 2020, 12:05:05 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
_Lathspell_ wrote:

[...]

- As viktranka said, a rare life+ double dot (+res?) quiver will be pretty damn good.
- Helmet is pretty bis to me, that'd be very hard to craft better. 320 es and -9 is no joke.
- Life catalysts on your jewelry, but you probably know about that.
- Some of your pieces could use a few divines (boots and amulet for life)
Other than that, your plan of action of upgrading your belt, then fixing res/attributes by replacing your diamond ring seems to be what I'd do too.

Thanks Darkxellmc and Viktranka for your help!

I grabbed this to start with while I earn enough currency to buy a double DOT quiver.

Is it worth trying to craft a double dot quiver? If yes, could you explain/ link how?

Going back to my bow, the 'chance to blind' is useless, right?

Thanks again for your help!
"
_Lathspell_ wrote:

Going back to my bow, the 'chance to blind' is useless, right?

Thanks again for your help!

Yes. Next league you'll be able to reroll it to onslaught in the garden, but not yet.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
(Highly paraphrased...)

Gem Setups
Spoiler

BLIGHT 4-link Setup:

BANE 4-link Setup:

Eldritch battery will also help with your mana issues if you have some ES on your gear. Use malevolence and discipline

As soon as you acquire Spreading Rot, socket it near Blood Drinker to let your Blight apply Wither.

At this point, you should have 3 damaging setups:
- Bane, that has great AOE clear and applies Despair.
- Blight, that you only use on tougher targets and gives Infusion and Wither.
- Essence Drain that deals good additional damage for single target situations.

This is where I am at. I have a 4-gem setup for ED but it just isn't that fun of a spell as the other two.

Is there a way to play endgame content with just Bane and Blight?
"
Nalgarryn wrote:

Is there a way to play endgame content with just Bane and Blight?
Yes, just take any Bane guide and follow it. They're mostly made for Occultist though because of the class synergy with curses / negate hexproof. Most of them will also use secondary spell to buff single target so it's usually a bane + soulrend / essence drain / blight build.

You can mostly use the same gear, but there are small differences, for example you cannot trigger culling strike with bane unlike with ED (you can still with flame dash), and it doesn't have any synergy with contagion unlike ED, so things ED + contagion can do like open whole legion monolith with 2 clicks won't happen.

You also won't have persistent health regen ED gives, might not be problem while mapping especially if you stay trickster as patient reaper will carry you, but on bosses you will lack long term regen. For ES builds like typical lowlife ones, it might be less of a problem because energy shield recharge can take care of it, but for life based build you might find it lacking sustain in a long fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info