[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Nalgarryn wrote:
I'm confused by this (as a new player).

My highest level character is a 44 shadow with a passive skill reset.

When I look at the passive skill trees in the leveling guide, I see some skills are taken in the earlier stages that don't exist in the end one. Also the earlier ones are outdated skill trees, I think.

Should I just pick whatever until I eventually get them all?
Which trees are you referring to? When I compare the lvl 90 POB and the poe planner links under levelling section I see minimal changes.

Only differences I spot is: socket above blood drinker (probably for early spreading rot, but later you can put it below MOM) and trickery (early damage boost but not super impactful later when you have a lot of other sources of increased damage).

Since you get 20 respec points from quests as you level that seems like minimal change (5 points total maybe?)

You're not the first person to say the trees are different, so I'm really curious which parts you see as existing in the levelling and not in the end result POB.

The trees in leveling except the last one (lvl 60-Endgame) go from Coordination straight down to the dex in front of Method to Madness.

The last and the final tree both go from Fangs of the Viper down, then left.

Adding the removal of Blood Drinker brings you to 20 respecpoints.

If you didn't keep every single respecpoint, this is a nasty surprise. Maybe the author should note that you need to respec later on.
"
Gottschkopf wrote:

The trees in leveling except the last one (lvl 60-Endgame) go from Coordination straight down to the dex in front of Method to Madness.

The last and the final tree both go from Fangs of the Viper down, then left.

If you didn't keep every single respecpoint, this is a nasty surprise. Maybe the author should note that you need to respec later on.

Good idea, added a note for respec points in the leveling section. Sorry.
How does this build go in hardcore? Am I going to get one shotted like an idiot easily?

Thinking of leveling with mines to around act 5 where ill switch into an ED contagion setup and then follow this guides build for my league start next league.
"
Gottschkopf wrote:
Why would you remove Blood Drinker? It's in every iteration of the tree really.

Are you unspeccing inefficiently? What I'd do is put 2 points between fangs of the viper and bottom side (next to revenge of the hunted) and only after it's connected from both sides, remove the 2 points below coordination. If loss of str node is bad, pick prowess temporarily. But in the long run this pathing saves 1 point to reach Blood Drinker. I would never unspec that node though. In the given build it's much stronger than Quick Recovery (because mana regen does nothing, so all we care about is life).

Anyway I'm counting 7 respec points not 20.

I guess I have a different idea what's "heavy respeccing", which to me is something like when you level a herald stacker, aura bot, golem elementalist or deep delve character and you have to scrap half of your tree afterwards if not more. Oh, and about every CI character that has to drop all life nodes after levelling and transitioning to energy shield.

Also I used clusters to my advantage, you can unsocket any cluster that doesn't have another socket in it for 0 respec cost and use those points as a buffer when you have to do small pathing corrections and don't want to wait 2-3 levels to do so.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Which trees are you referring to? When I compare the lvl 90 POB and the poe planner links under leveling section I see minimal changes.

Yes it was those minimal changes I was talking about. I wasn't expecting to have to respec at all since before seeing these replies to my post I didn't know that was a common thing in POE.

My character is from a long time ago when I first tried out POE and due to changes since then was given a full passive respec. I'm pretty sure some respec points were already used so I'm just going by the finished tree and not taking anything I'll need to respec later.

Since level 46 is the highest I've ever gotten in POE a lot is new to me and I'm trying to use this build as a learning tool, which perhaps wasn't a primary intention.

I still don't understand how the HP leeching works since Blood Drinker says it affects attacks and right now I'm using Bane/Blight/ED and none of those gems have the 'Attack' keyword and I don't think they're triggering Blood Drinker? Also if I throw on a rare ring with +dmg to attacks and mouse over those skills the dps calculation that the game shows doesn't show an increase, so it appears to me like they are not 'attacks' in game terms...

As for picking yellow gear while leveling I have no idea what the good stats are. I suppose either Evasion or Evasion/ES gear, and Health/HP is obvious in most games. But I'm using my ES like a mana pool (really neat synergy there) (because I don't have the MoM keystone yet, but I suspect that damage will start to pull from the ES around mana after that). So should I be actively trying to stack with ES? Also when I get hit it takes a big chunk of HP away and I don't appear to be leeching anything.

If someone wants to share some advice on what stats to look for on yellow gear I'd appreciate it.
How much weaker is the build without Wind Dancer? Or is there a known substitute? A lot of things are unknown about 3.11 of course, including new Legion jewels, but I was really really hyped to play this build next league.
"
chrishobbel wrote:
How much weaker is the build without Wind Dancer? Or is there a known substitute?

Yeah I am just learning about trying to buy items from other players and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell whether you're getting Wind Dancer or not.
"
Nalgarryn wrote:

Yeah I am just learning about trying to buy items from other players and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell whether you're getting Wind Dancer or not.

The keystones are determined by the name in the first line. For example:

"Denoted service of 2147 dekhara in the akhara of Nasima"

For wind dancer, you want it to say Deshret. All of the other effects are random. But the keystones you can actually target.

The issue with 3.11 is that Wind Dancer is being removed from the timeless jewel and placed on the passive tree. Quite a bit out of the way of normal pathing for this build.

EDIT: Also -
"
Nalgarryn wrote:

I'm using Bane/Blight/ED and none of those gems have the 'Attack' keyword and I don't think they're triggering Blood Drinker?

You still benefit from the 8% increased maximum life. Even if you don't use the life leech.
Last edited by Orion19819 on Jun 4, 2020, 6:09:00 PM
"
Nalgarryn wrote:

Add "Denoted service of # dekhara in the akhara of Deshret" as a stat filter to your trade search to make sure any Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel you buy gives you Wind Dancer.

Edit: What Orion19819 said.
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jun 4, 2020, 6:00:13 PM
"
Nalgarryn wrote:
It needs to say Deshret on the jewel, not Asenath or Nasima.

But this will be changed next patch anyway (apparently keystones that go on the tree will be replaced with something else).

"
Nalgarryn wrote:
Yes it was those minimal changes I was talking about. I wasn't expecting to have to respec at all since before seeing these replies to my post I didn't know that was a common thing in POE.
It depends on the build, but for example typical CI / LL build will start as life based and respec later to ES.

"
Nalgarryn wrote:
My character is from a long time ago when I first tried out POE and due to changes since then was given a full passive respec. I'm pretty sure some respec points were already used so I'm just going by the finished tree and not taking anything I'll need to respec later.
That's fine. In worst case you can buy regret orbs if you run out of respec points.

"
Nalgarryn wrote:
I still don't understand how the HP leeching works since Blood Drinker says it affects attacks and right now I'm using Bane/Blight/ED and none of those gems have the 'Attack' keyword and I don't think they're triggering Blood Drinker?
It doesn't. You pick that node and adjacent ones for 20% hp. General idea is that any life based build in its complete state (80-90 lvl) should have 150-200% life increases from tree.

"
Nalgarryn wrote:
As for picking yellow gear while leveling I have no idea what the good stats are.
I don't bother much with gear during levelling, I don't play hardcore so keep that in mind, I don't have to worry about dying as long as it's not too much. And then I just buy cheap gear around level 50-60 that has decent amount of life and resists. (50 life on smaller items, 75+ on the bigger ones and enough resists to be capped after second Kitava.)

I really don't pay any attention to evasion during levelling. You can just use jade flask and it outshines any amount you get from levelling gear.

You can also get a wand with +1 to chaos spells before you are high enough level to buy cane of unravelling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info