[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
The bow and gear should work fine but AoE and skill duration focused gear might be more optimal.

+1, this is also my feeling after reading these other posts.
"
fpcards wrote:
I am having a blast playing with this build! I am doing some tinkering with the build and have a couple of questions for the veteran players. First, when you cap resistances on a character, what do you try to get? I usually overcap the resistances to about 105% to help overcome the elemental weakness curse. I also want your advice for chaos resistance. I aim for -10% or so on chaos resistance. What do you recommend?

I am using the CWDT setup in my chest. One of the gems that I use is enfeeble. Does the enfeeble curse work in conjunction with the Witchfire brew despair curse? I don't have an extra curse enabled in my build.

Finally, I want some advice on crafting this ring. I have a Vermillion ring that I crafted last night using a ton of alteration orbs. I was trying to get some strength so that I can raise the level of my steelskin gem. I am thinking that the best way to continue crafting is to add the Endurance Charge, then add caster catalysts, and try to slam a crusader's exalted orb on it for spell damage. If the first crusader's exalted orb gives me a different mod, can I slam the ring again with another crusader's exalted orb for another crusader mod? I have never tried that and I am usually running too tight on funds to experiment.

Thanks in advance for the advice! By the way, I am not sure how to put the image of the ring in this post, so I am just guessing how to! Ring has 53 strength, 69 life, 47 fire resistance.

If you craft min endurance charge then crusader slam it, you can't crusader slam it again.
You only got one try, maybe can multiple mod and craft flat-ES + increased damage? more safer that way
Last edited by primordialiege on Jun 2, 2020, 2:22:23 AM
I'm confused by this (as a new player).

My highest level character is a 44 shadow with a passive skill reset.

When I look at the passive skill trees in the leveling guide, I see some skills are taken in the earlier stages that don't exist in the end one. Also the earlier ones are outdated skill trees, I think.

Should I just pick whatever until I eventually get them all?
"
Nalgarryn wrote:
I'm confused by this (as a new player).

My highest level character is a 44 shadow with a passive skill reset.

When I look at the passive skill trees in the leveling guide, I see some skills are taken in the earlier stages that don't exist in the end one. Also the earlier ones are outdated skill trees, I think.

Should I just pick whatever until I eventually get them all?
Which trees are you referring to? When I compare the lvl 90 POB and the poe planner links under levelling section I see minimal changes.

Only differences I spot is: socket above blood drinker (probably for early spreading rot, but later you can put it below MOM) and trickery (early damage boost but not super impactful later when you have a lot of other sources of increased damage).

Since you get 20 respec points from quests as you level that seems like minimal change (5 points total maybe?)

You're not the first person to say the trees are different, so I'm really curious which parts you see as existing in the levelling and not in the end result POB.
How does this build go in hardcore? Am I going to get one shotted like an idiot easily?

Thinking of leveling with mines to around act 5 where ill switch into an ED contagion setup and then follow this guides build for my league start next league.
I believe for 3.11, Wind Dancer has been removed from Brutal Restraint, and is now an actual notable on the passive tree which is out of range of our current tree. We could probably anoint it though.
"
woefulwabbit wrote:
We could probably anoint it though.
Keystones were never on the anointment list, unless they intend to change it for Harvest, which I haven't seen any info of?

I just check where they put the new keystones and ugh, this build will lose a bit, but all the "maxblock ES" builds just got trashed, as the keystone is between templar / marauder and much more important for the respective builds, than wind dancer is for this build I think.
hi there.

i am now in the 3ex-10ex range of this build and i have this 2 items:

looking in pob with this bow i have more "direct" dmg and around 790k dot

if i craft a clasic +1 +2 with dot multi, pob report less direct dmg but 802k dot.

It worth invest in a classic +1+2 with dot multi, or the gain is to low for wast currency? (i have to gain better gloves with dmg and better ring with life).

ty
"
woefulwabbit wrote:
I believe for 3.11, Wind Dancer has been removed from Brutal Restraint, and is now an actual notable on the passive tree which is out of range of our current tree. We could probably anoint it though.

Yeah, keeping an eye on this.
We don't know yet if the deshret transformation itself is removed, but it seems very likely indeed.

Wind dancer isn't TOO far, maybe we can pick it up.
With how valuable passive points are, and the relocation of arcane expense last league, it would make a lot more sense to use devouring diadem, saving 5 points... which is what Wind dancer costs. Maybe drop quick recovery for Thick skin, too?...
Dunno yet. A bit early to tell what's going to be the best compromise.

After all, the build actually used to take advantage of a lethal pride back in legion instead of a brutal restraint, and it was very good...
But this sure is a slight nerf, let's see what else there is this patch.
"

looking in pob with this bow i have more "direct" dmg and around 790k dot

if i craft a clasic +1 +2 with dot multi, pob report less direct dmg but 802k dot.

I don't like that bow much, tbh. Hit damage doesn't matter, only dot.
A double dot multi bow will perform better overall, and should cost less.

That said, if the difference is only 10k shaper dps, I wouldn't care about it. It's the end of the league, and you won't sell your current bow. So, 10ex for a 10k dps increase is just not worth it.

Besides, getting above level 30 ED is a bit pointless. You are exactly on 30, but with an empower 4, you'd hit 31 and diminishing returns. At that point, dot multi would be significantly better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info