[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

whats a better reliable way to spawn the spiders? my carrion golem kills the worms before i can kill them, which results in them not spawning...
This is the most well-rounded build I've ever played for less than 5ex. Strong clear, good bossing with 20 spiders up, armor+block+chaos resist on the same character. Darkness Enthroned looks weird until you scroll down on the equivalent price of my 16c belt (113.75 ES, 38.5 cold+light, 17.5 fire) here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/0nbMVW8ig. 6W Skin of the Loyal was also a good bargain compared to 4R2B. That being said I would recommend some or all of these QoL changes:

Charisma (65c gold/gold/opal oil) - alternate anoint (8% reduced mana reserved to all 3 auras) to save money on fertile catalysts (about 2ex).

Level 20 CWDT - Molten Shell- Less button/fps/game knowledge required.

Faster Attacks Support - Shield Charge. Once you go fast you'll never go back!

Deathmark >>> Minion Damage/Feeding Frenzy, Rallying Cry >>> CWDT/Increased Duration Support - Less buttons required.

Spell Echo or Spell Cascade(any level) - Desecrate - 20 corpses/cast instead of 10 + 2 Writhing Jar worms = 20 spiders. Take Soul of Ryslatha and you can comfortably go down to one Jar. Jade (reflexes), Sulphur, Sapphire (delve), and Cinderswallow (3% ES) flasks are great candidates for the other two slots.
--nologo -ns
Last edited by Foeglas on Aug 1, 2020, 7:27:32 PM
"
cocas12345 wrote:
whats a better reliable way to spawn the spiders? my carrion golem kills the worms before i can kill them, which results in them not spawning...

I use weapon swap to despawn the golem. Desecrate twice, worms, spin to spider.
Figured id through it out though havent went searching to see if its mentioned but using a small cluster with uncompromising and a fertiled up 20% to 24% reduced mana reserver circle of guilt will get u to 1% with the normal mana reserve nodes already taken allowing u to use what ever 2nd ring u want. Also I thought about crafting a marble amulet(or another depending on atributes needed) with shaper mod to get the spell block to free up the boots to also do what u want with to get 35% speed at easier energy sheild or something. Oh and the same shaper amulet then could get crafted to have level 22 disipline or determination allowing u to get a free gem slot.
Last edited by kalazrob on Aug 2, 2020, 8:24:35 AM
So i used the fertile catalyst on both circle of guilt rings, one is 24% and on is 22%, both 20% (full) enchanted with fertile cat. But with all 3 auras in effect (HoP, Determination, Discipline) I have exactly 0 mana to use. I cant cast cyclone which costs 3 mana. My skill tree looks exactly like yours also, with all the mana nodes checked. What did I do wrong?? PLease help lol, what am I missing why do i have 0 mana. Discipline needs 34% mana, HoP needs 18%, and Determination needs 48. Why dont i have the left over mana for my skills?
"
kalazrob wrote:
Figured id through it out though havent went searching to see if its mentioned but using a small cluster with uncompromising and a fertiled up 20% to 24% reduced mana reserver circle of guilt will get u to 1% with the normal mana reserve nodes already taken allowing u to use what ever 2nd ring u want. Also I thought about crafting a marble amulet(or another depending on atributes needed) with shaper mod to get the spell block to free up the boots to also do what u want with to get 35% speed at easier energy sheild or something. Oh and the same shaper amulet then could get crafted to have level 22 disipline or determination allowing u to get a free gem slot.

I'm currently using 3 medium clusters(uncompromising+precise commander) 1 large(vicious bite, raze and pillage, renewal) 1 small(Stalwart Commander) and 0 mana reserved nodes. Warcry replaced with 20lvl Precision and i'm also using Vaal Discipline for some pinch situations. So overall 55k armor(90% phys dmr), 7500es, 102% all ress and a lot of crit\dmg for our minions ;)
Last edited by Demortian on Aug 3, 2020, 5:20:17 AM
"
radiohead85 wrote:
So i used the fertile catalyst on both circle of guilt rings, one is 24% and on is 22%, both 20% (full) enchanted with fertile cat. But with all 3 auras in effect (HoP, Determination, Discipline) I have exactly 0 mana to use. I cant cast cyclone which costs 3 mana. My skill tree looks exactly like yours also, with all the mana nodes checked. What did I do wrong?? PLease help lol, what am I missing why do i have 0 mana. Discipline needs 34% mana, HoP needs 18%, and Determination needs 48. Why dont i have the left over mana for my skills?

Recheck ur support gems for HoP or at last open ur profile so we can tell you for sure whats wrong.. ;)
is my profile open now? in privacy settings nothing is checked
"
Demortian wrote:
"
radiohead85 wrote:

Recheck ur support gems for HoP or at last open ur profile so we can tell you for sure whats wrong.. ;)

i think i fixed it
Hi all,

I don't have much time these days, so I'm not going to be able to answer everyone individually. Here are a few pointers that should answer most of the questions I read.

* Please read the guide and the FAQ carefully. Everything is explained there.

* I'm not a PoB warrior. I want my builds to be enjoyable in practice. If you want to remove cast when stunned and remove the skill duration anoint, go ahead, it won't change your PoB numbers. But be ready to cast your warcry every 8 seconds, your golem every 10, your offering every 14, your spiders every 30, and so forth. This build uses a lot of different mechanics, and making them enjoyable in actual gameplay is much more important than PoB numbers.

* Yes, there are alternative ways to reduce the mana reservations, other than catalysts. Anointment, uncompromising, enlighten, etc. But this is the 6th league in a row I'm making this my main build and optimising the hell out of it, so I'm fairly confident when I say that catalysts is the best option. Enlighten is a gem, which we use a lot of; anointment is far too precious to waste on something we can get on our rings, and cluster jewels are way too strong to waste on a node whose only useful stat is something we can also get on our rings. If you want to convince yourself of that, feel free to load my PoB and check the numerical values that Stalwart Commander gives us, as well as any other node in the tree - they're all massive.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you should stop experimenting with the build, or looking for ways to improve it! :) I'm always open to new ideas, and have integrating a lot of them to the guide! It's just that when it comes to the specific question of mana reservation reduction, I've spent a looong time considering all the options, and I believe the one I went for is the most optimised one.

* Having a lot of ES is not important. I've had around 7k from level 89 to level 98, and didn't die except when I was trying the limits of the build (like standing in the Sirus storm Harold style... Didn't work :p). And I ran very hard stuff - A8 Sirus carries, uber atziri, heart of the grove, vaal temple, and even a T19 juiced 100% delirious map (where I did die once to a huge Kosis + Omniphobia + red beasts combo). I did, however, notice a huge difference in going from 85% to 90% physical damage reduction - this might not seem like much, but it means you only take two thirds of the physical damage you used to take (you go from 15% damage taken to 10%). And that's a lot more important than more ES, at least in my opinion.

Also, I got my first level 100 with this build :) I haven't said so in the guide yet, but I though you guys might like to know it's definitely 100 viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info