[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Haaaaps wrote:
Easy to cap resistance? I'm not even close to cap - maybe I'm just dumb?

This league, I was able to make a stygian belt without much trouble. With some t1 seed crafts and catalysts, the resistances are decent.

"
Haaaaps wrote:

You're not dumb! :) It used to be really easy to cap resists in a past version of the build, but today it's a bit less obvious, I forgot to edit the guide. I removed that from the pros :) It's not exceptionally hard - just not as easy as it used to be.

What you can do is 1) get resists on your abyss jewels on your belt, and 2) use garden crafts "augment an item with a new [fire/cold/lightning] modifier" to get easy resists on your small nodes. You can also look for cluster jewels that already have elemental resists on their small nodes. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Haaaaps wrote:

You're not dumb! :) It used to be really easy to cap resists in a past version of the build, but today it's a bit less obvious, I forgot to edit the guide. I removed that from the pros :) It's not exceptionally hard - just not as easy as it used to be.

What you can do is 1) get resists on your abyss jewels on your belt, and 2) use garden crafts "augment an item with a new [fire/cold/lightning] modifier" to get easy resists on your small nodes. You can also look for cluster jewels that already have elemental resists on their small nodes. :)

The Abyss jewels in that belt are super strong. Each one can have 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes- so thats 8 mods all at x 1.75 of their base value.

If you got 10% to all ele resists on each one, thats 35% all ele resist right there.

Also, if your finding it difficult to get 'Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you' on any of the jewels in your tree, you can get it on one of your abyss jewels and socket it in your belt.
"
Surlyrich wrote:
The Abyss jewels in that belt are super strong. Each one can have 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes- so thats 8 mods all at x 1.75 of their base value.

If you got 10% to all ele resists on each one, thats 35% all ele resist right there.

Also, if your finding it difficult to get 'Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you' on any of the jewels in your tree, you can get it on one of your abyss jewels and socket it in your belt.

That's a good idea! I hadn't thought about that :) I'll add it to the guide when I have the chance. Thanks!
Friend got a Surrender shield and i was going to try it just for fun until when i removed the Aegis my resists dropped way below the 10% specified on the shield.
In fact all resists dropped 34%. So no Surrender work out lol.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Surlyrich wrote:

That's a good idea! I hadn't thought about that :) I'll add it to the guide when I have the chance. Thanks!

Yeah I picked up a basic one with some mana and minion mods with the corruption for about 30c.
"
Surlyrich wrote:

The maximum resistances possible seem to be:
A. Darkness Enthroned = (54 + 54) * 1.75 = 189 max
B. Stygian (with catalysts and 1 jewel) = 57 + 57 + 57 + 54 = 225 max

I'm not sure which way is easier to craft, and it likely would just come down to that. Also, we shouldn't need the maximum possible resistances to be overcapped for ele weakness map mods.
Last edited by Novgov on Jul 29, 2020, 9:39:33 PM
"
Novgov wrote:
"
Surlyrich wrote:

The maximum resistances possible seem to be:
A. Darkness Enthroned = (54 + 54) * 1.75 = 189 max
B. Stygian (with catalysts and 1 jewel) = 57 + 57 + 57 + 54 = 225 max

I'm not sure which way is easier to craft, and it likely would just come down to that. Also, we shouldn't need the maximum possible resistances to be overcapped for ele weakness map mods.

Yes, but with Darkness Enthroned you can get more mana and ES.
40 * 1.75 = 70
70 * 2 = 140 ES/Mana

Best flat roll for Stygian Vise:
Mana — 65-68
ES – 48-51

Mana gives armor, armor is survivability, ES gives... ES. No need to reinvent the wheel, just follow the guide.

You can buy a jewel with Mana and ES, then remove the suffixes in the Harvest and add resists. It's not easy, but doable.

My jewels cost me ~100c + harvest crafts.

"
Deonix_ wrote:

Yes, but with Darkness Enthroned you can get more mana and ES.

Darkness Enthroned is stronger there. The 3rd available prefix on the Stygian belt allowing potential max 540 flat armor or even an influenced mod is pretty strong too, I think? And, keeping similar resistances to DE, the Stygian's single jewel could have an open suffix, maybe for minion blind/taunt/move speed/etc.
Last edited by Novgov on Jul 30, 2020, 12:30:57 AM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Friend got a Surrender shield and i was going to try it just for fun until when i removed the Aegis my resists dropped way below the 10% specified on the shield.
In fact all resists dropped 34%. So no Surrender work out lol.

Answered myself, sorta forgot about what the tree gives us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info