[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

New to this build and I'm confused why the levelling guide doesn't mention Cyclone at all?

I would get that you might start with Dominating Blow, but what prevents us from switching once you obtain Cyclone at level 28? What stage or requirement are you looking for to use it?

Do you really wait until you can equip Fang at 68 to switch over? Is the levelling guide is out of date? Maybe/hopefully I'm just missing something? I did ctrl + F for Cylone and the only mentions seemed to be in the description, the "Why Cyclone" and the FAQ entry about your minions killing your worms. I actually had to pull the gem links from the PoB as they're not listed anywhere except when you incidentally mention Fortify.

"
EDMOSES wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Friend got a Surrender shield and i was going to try it just for fun until when i removed the Aegis my resists dropped way below the 10% specified on the shield.
In fact all resists dropped 34%. So no Surrender work out lol.

Answered myself, sorta forgot about what the tree gives us.

The resists are not the largest issue here, Aegis refills ES, Surrender refills life. ;)

"
FramFramson wrote:
New to this build and I'm confused why the levelling guide doesn't mention Cyclone at all?

I would get that you might start with Dominating Blow, but what prevents us from switching once you obtain Cyclone at level 28? What stage or requirement are you looking for to use it?

Do you really wait until you can equip Fang at 68 to switch over? Is the levelling guide is out of date? Maybe/hopefully I'm just missing something? I did ctrl + F for Cylone and the only mentions seemed to be in the description, the "Why Cyclone" and the FAQ entry about your minions killing your worms. I actually had to pull the gem links from the PoB as they're not listed anywhere except when you incidentally mention Fortify.

The leveling guide is up to date. If you start using Cyclone before you get the Fang, you will only get up to 4 sentinels, and that's it, and your clear speed will be awful (and single target won't be great either, especially before you get your two catalysed Circle rings for 6L HoP). Using Dom Blow allows us to get at least 9 sentinels, even without killing stuff ourselves, before we get the 20 spiders.

And uhm... There's a whole section dedicated to gems.
Ah fair enough. Makes sense.

Thanks.
Regarding Surrender shield i was thinking that the life on block would be converted to ES on block due to Zealots oath maybe.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Regarding Surrender shield i was thinking that the life on block would be converted to ES on block due to Zealots oath maybe.

Also like to know if this build is HOGM capable?

Also Vatinas or any other expert can you check me out and suggest any improvements? all i seem to be doing is amassing currency.
Daryl_Harvest.
Thanks.
Glad I picked this build for 3.11, will be getting 36 challenges easily. VERY tanky yet has decent dps and clear. Thanks <3.

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Also like to know if this build is HOGM capable?

Also Vatinas or any other expert can you check me out and suggest any improvements? all i seem to be doing is amassing currency.
Daryl_Harvest.
Thanks.

Well u can get some lvl21/23% gems.
Last edited by DiscoMonkeyy on Jul 31, 2020, 6:37:27 AM
Hello everyone!
First of all i want to thank Vatinas for this awesome build! I always loved spider builds but this one is my #1 now. So thank you bro, keep on it! ;)
The second part i want to introduce my version of this build. In it i'm using Precision+more cluster jewels with crit\dmg and to sustain mana reservation 3-"Uncompromising" jewels. I'm using both Agony and Purity versions and it works very well! If you're intersted check my character "VenomancerMK_ONE" Feel free to ask me or giving some advices. :)
Last edited by Demortian on Aug 3, 2020, 8:38:09 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome guide, I've downed my first sirus/elder/shaper ever. I have some questions and would like to have the opinion from you guys

The annointment "Potency of Will" is purely for quality of life improvement or is there anything I missed out? I was thinking of getting "Soul of Steel" for the armor or "Utmost Intellect" for the balance of everything

For the Watcher's Eye, since I am around 85% phys reduction, will it be a good trade off to get the "maximum mana as energy shield while affected by clarity" instead of "phys reduction while affected by determination", I would gain a whooping 1.8k ES, of course sacrificing one gem slot for clarity, removing cast when stunned.
Hello all,

Long time no write, so far I'm 93 on the build and really enjoying it :D
I'll try to kill Sirrius in a little (bad luck on currency so no much maps ).

I just wanted to give a little insight of things that were actually capable of killig me (without me playing leroy jenkins)
- Delve Cold degen: Got frozed and died really fast even with the 81% cold resistance
- High Corrupted Blood: some ones are easy to flask them out but there are some times (with vulnerability in map and delirium boss) that you can die.
- Maps with a couple of "extra dmg as XX" combined with -X% to resistances and less chance to block. (and yes I did that map, but died a couple of times against the metamorph)
- Drox: Yes I died against Drox casue it turns out that the banners make my worms "INMORTAL!"... so while I was trying to kill one banner to make me room to resummon them, I got one-hitted. Probably is not a 100% sure thing that it can kill you, but I thought it was worthy to mentions the detail a bout inmortal spiders.
- Baranites: Not sure if it's me or they just hit really hard.... really.

Besides that, Casia can be done only if all is in a line. Obelisk just one part of it. No prob at delirium or harvest. Haven't tried Catarina yet.

I'm only on 5L so far. and don't have all the jewels yet. (Missing Fortress and watchers eye).

Also thanks for the idea of the corrupting blood imunity on abyss jewel.

Again Thanks Vatinas for all the great work on the build!! :D
Last edited by Kemmotar1 on Aug 1, 2020, 4:19:21 AM

Which shield is better for this build? Still couldnt craft with spell block :(
Last edited by lm0nstrl on Aug 1, 2020, 5:44:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info