[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Also, while I'm at it - when the Uber Lab layout isn't too cumbersome, I'm spending some time working on farming up the helm enchant for +1 HoP sentinels. I'm curious what everyone is using as enchants for the boots (gloves are corrupted, so I can't enchant those). Right now I have a 5% chance to dodge spell hits if I've taken spell damage recently, which seems like a solid one, but I don't really know if there's better options for this build, but I'd like to really push this build to the fullest because I'm having so much fun with it.
Hi,
First of all, thanks Vatinas for the build. It is a well put together build, its deatiled, helpful, beginner friendly for the progression. I saw some flaws like the trade link for the body armours are not pointing towards the right coloured ones.
Secondly I just got to tier 14 maps, and I have some issues now: there are some mobs what can instantly kill me, I get stun locked many times (mostly redeemer influenced maps), I lack of dps (redeemer fight is a pain in the ass, I cant go in the blizzard and it keeps camping there most of the time and the HoP minions can hit it 2x before dying on awakening lvl 4).
Can you help me what did I miss, or what should I go for?

here is a pastebin link for my setup: https://pastebin.com/Bj6sYYFn

Please mind that im broke as hell, fortune does not favour me. Now my plan is to get an abyss jewel with lightning and cold res -> I can equip my other minion damage ring. after that I will get a shaper's touch with voulnerability and then I ll go for the fertile catalists
"
ekjepo wrote:
Hi,
First of all, thanks Vatinas for the build. It is a well put together build, its deatiled, helpful, beginner friendly for the progression. I saw some flaws like the trade link for the body armours are not pointing towards the right coloured ones.
Secondly I just got to tier 14 maps, and I have some issues now: there are some mobs what can instantly kill me, I get stun locked many times (mostly redeemer influenced maps), I lack of dps (redeemer fight is a pain in the ass, I cant go in the blizzard and it keeps camping there most of the time and the HoP minions can hit it 2x before dying on awakening lvl 4).

Please mind that im broke as hell, fortune does not favour me. Now my plan is to get an abyss jewel with lightning and cold res -> I can equip my other minion damage ring. after that I will get a shaper's touch with voulnerability and then I ll go for the fertile catalists

For bosses you can use Soul Of Ryslatha (refill Writhing Jar) and spawn spiders whenever you want. Main source of damage - spiders, not HoP.
Two quick things:
How do you deal with damage that ignores ES?
Why shield charge over something like flame dash?
"
Fluffstache wrote:
Two quick things:

What do you mean by damage that ignores es ? that's only chaos and this is a chaos inoculation build
Hey there! Thanks for the guide :).

I've been following the steps to the best of my ability and am still getting one-shot by the crusaders.. could someone take a look at my character and tell me if i've made a mistake? any help would be appreciated. thank you so much
"
Seraphgrim wrote:
Also, while I'm at it - when the Uber Lab layout isn't too cumbersome, I'm spending some time working on farming up the helm enchant for +1 HoP sentinels. I'm curious what everyone is using as enchants for the boots (gloves are corrupted, so I can't enchant those). Right now I have a 5% chance to dodge spell hits if I've taken spell damage recently, which seems like a solid one, but I don't really know if there's better options for this build, but I'd like to really push this build to the fullest because I'm having so much fun with it.

Regarding the boot enchant if you have built your build correctly you already have max spell block at 75%, not sure how a further 5% to dodge spell works?
would suspect 75% is max.

I think the "regenerate 2% of life per second if you were hit recently" is about the best. Remembering life regen applies to ES regen on this build.
Anyone tried Simulacrum or 100% Delirium with this build? I skipped last league and I didn't try any of them this league.
"
Seraphgrim wrote:

Man, this build is a lot of fun, Vatinas. I've done Sirus A8 for the first time, I'm doing lots of T16's, even a few with 100% delirium, and I'm chugging along knocking out Elder/Shaper guardians. It's a little fiddly to get started (especially playing in a group sometimes) but once I get going, it's like a runaway train. This is the best time I've had playing PoE. Up to level 93, and chugging my way along!

I see that the build has changed a bit from when I purchased all my gear and built my character about a month ago - Vulnerability instead of Despair on gloves, no more Enlighten on auras, etc. I'm still wanting to get this Aspect of the Spider ring up and working, since I did spend about 7 ex of currency on it. Would changing to the new version of the build help with that? Keep in mind, I'm using a single Circle of Guilt, at 48% mana reduction on HoP. Aside from swapping the Despair gloves for Vulnerability, it looks like the new version swaps the Enlighten on the auras for an Increased Duration Support on the other buffs (Molten Shell, Spirit Offering, Rallying Cry).

I'm glad you're having fun :)

Yeah, I've made some small changes here and there since the beginning of the league. I'm really sorry about that :')

Vulnerability instead of Despair allows us to ditch Chance to Bleed on Cyclone, since the curse gives us and our spiders a chance to bleed on hit. That allows us to use Maim on Cyclone, which makes enemies we maim take increased damage, as well as allowing the use of another, higher damage gem on HoP, (woke) Minion Damage.

As for the mana reservation, I dropped Steelwood Stance to grab Influence; this grants us more ES, a bit less armour, but most importantly 4% reduced mana reserved, which allowed us to drop Enlighten. I used the extra gem socket to support the warcry, the offering, and molten shell with Increased Duration, which is incredibly useful, especially for bosses. However, you can keep Enlighten on top of Influence if that helps you use your Aspect :)

"
Seraphgrim wrote:

The life regen enchant ("Regenerate 2% of life per second if you've been hit recently") is the best one, you should aim for that. ;)

"
ekjepo wrote:
Hi,

For help with chain stun, read the "Build mechanics (please read!)" section, or the Pantheon section.

Here's what I would change that doesn't cost much:

* Refund the life nodes near the Templar start (Discipline and Training), as well as Resolute Technique (you get a lot of accuracy from Shaper's Touch and your high intelligence).

* Use those points to grab Influence, which will grant you decent ES, armour, and 4% reduced mana reserved, which will allow you to use another support gem on HoP (you can then use HoP - Minion Damage - Deathmark - Bloodlust - Ruthless, and will be able to use Vile Toxins when you buy catalysts).

* Drop your life flasks, you don't need them anymore; you can get two more worm flasks, which is very useful for long boss fights like Sirus.

* Drop your mana flask, you'll only need it for no regen maps. You can replace it with a Granite Flask for a *lot* of extra armour, as well as an anti bleed.

* Replace Flame Dash with Spirit Offering.

* Use twenty Intrinsic Catalysts on your Astramentis to get a lot more attributes.

In terms of upgrades, here's what you should go for:

* A small cluster jewel, like the one in the guide. It's an insane amount of ES and armour for very few skill points.

* Fertile catalysts on your rings, to get your 6th link on your HoP.

If you have any doubt, check my PoB for what to follow. :)

"
Deonix_ wrote:
For bosses you can use Soul Of Ryslatha (refill Writhing Jar) and spawn spiders whenever you want. Main source of damage - spiders, not HoP.

I tried the Soul of Ryslatha trick two leagues ago and it didn't work. I don't know if it's been changed, but I doubt it. And the sentinels deal about half the DPS with middle investment (lvl 20 gems, lvl 3 empower), and around 60 to 70% with a lot of investment (lvl 21 gems, lvl 4 empower, maybe +1 gems corruption on Skin). They're not to be underestimated versus bosses, as long as you go ham and Cyclone 24/7 to resummon them like I do in the videos.

"
Fluffstache wrote:
Two quick things:

The only damage that bypasses ES is chaos damage, to which we are immune due to CI (Chaos Inoculation) in the skill tree.

As for Shield Charge, I prefer Shield Charge over Flame Dash since it doesn't have a cooldown, but it's up to your personal preference.

"
kserviss wrote:
Hey there! Thanks for the guide :).

I've been following the steps to the best of my ability and am still getting one-shot by the crusaders.. could someone take a look at my character and tell me if i've made a mistake? any help would be appreciated. thank you so much

Hey :)

I don't have the time to check everyone's characters, but make sure you followed my PoB and the guide as best you can, and check the FAQ. If you did that and still can't find why you die, post a PoB here and I'll try to take a look when I can.

"
ezarurazvan wrote:
Anyone tried Simulacrum or 100% Delirium with this build? I skipped last league and I didn't try any of them this league.

Yep, I did in Delirium and in Harvest, and both leagues it's been a breeze. In Delirium I died twice in 8 runs due to a "monsters gain #% of physical damage as extra chaos damage" since I was LL back then, but since then, ezpz. Just be sure to pop your Granite flask or Molten Shell if you find Kosis in wave 19 or 20; it's got a veeeeery low chance of happening, but if you get an unlucky crit that you don't block with some hard mods on the wave, it can get you low. But really, I ran a few simulacrums, and it was a breeze.
Last edited by Vatinas on Jul 27, 2020, 9:15:05 AM
Please make sure to read the guide and the FAQ before asking questions.

Like I said, I don't mind answering questions, but most of those are answered there. So please save your time (and mine), and read them! :)

That being said, if you can't find your answer, or need more specific advice, I'll be glad to help!
Last edited by Vatinas on Jul 27, 2020, 8:50:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info