[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Stoyicker wrote:
Great build, it's allowed a noob like me a chance at some endgame. Is there an alternative to the spiders? I'm finding it really annoying to manage them in "pinnacle" encounters. I'm wondering if there is something I could run instead on a 4 link since I wouldn't need desecrate anymore so I can move everything else from the helmet to the weapon and dedicate the helmet sockets to the new skill.

You could use Zombies, Skeletons and Spectres if you really wanted to but why - this is a spider build after all. If you run out of spiders carry an extra Writhing Jar for boss fights (and swap out a gem in the Fang for those fights)
lvl 93, 6.4 k es, 44k armor.
shaper and elder are ok.
uber elder , could not kill them.
sirius died twice but i died too.

overall it's good for the investment. Pretty disappointed with uber elder, it might be that my stats are too low, maybe if i had 7+ k es it would be easier
"
Iku wrote:
shaper and elder are ok.

overall it's good for the investment. Pretty disappointed with uber elder, it might be that my stats are too low, maybe if i had 7+ k es it would be easier

An Empower level 4 gem in chest might help you.
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Iku wrote:
shaper and elder are ok.

will it really help?
"
Iku wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Iku wrote:
shaper and elder are ok.

will it really help?

For DPS yes. Using my build as an example a Level 3 Empower gives me around 508k per HoP. If a level 4 is slotted in DPS goes to around 570k so it's a big difference. It does nothing for ES or Armour but if you have more DPS and snuff the bosses it won't matter. Play with it in POB and see the difference.

I have tested Shaper with around 6.8k ES and 508k DPS and another with 6.3k ES and 570k DPS. The lower ES and more DPS is better, though I still died in both because it takes a long time to wear him down. Maven isn't an issue till that stupid memory game (the second one with 6 in it). I'm deathless till then - then I'm dead :-).
Last edited by BowWizard on Apr 11, 2022, 9:10:16 AM
I often find myself without spiders so im trying to understand the trigger mechanic and why they aren't refreshing.

When the spiders kill something, do they refresh themselves?

When the sentinels kill something do they trigger the spiders?

or is the only way to trigger the spiders is when I kill something myself?
Last edited by nitetime on Apr 13, 2022, 1:09:01 PM
First off thanks for the awesome build. Im getting some of my final items and levels i need to finish the build.
Is this helmet worth working with? i got a lucky chaos spam and wondering if its worth crafting on and what i should do. I don't have allot of experience with crafting
very tanky as I said. Had no time to play, going to get empower +4 now and did those 2 helms today, hope it's going to boost me up a bit and help me kill Uber Elder.

Last edited by Iku on Apr 13, 2022, 5:35:34 PM
"
nitetime wrote:
I often find myself without spiders so im trying to understand the trigger mechanic and why they aren't refreshing.

When the spiders kill something, do they refresh themselves?

When the sentinels kill something do they trigger the spiders?

or is the only way to trigger the spiders is when I kill something myself?

It's your character killing plus the Fang that create spiders.

Sentinels can't trigger spiders since they do not have the Fang (theoretically an AG could summon them if you equipped it with a Fang and they killed an enemy. That could maybe "auto spawn" spiders but don't know how reliable that would be)

Spiders are on a timer of about 73 seconds. If you aren't killing anything by then they will expire on you and you have to use desecrate and writhing jar to summon new ones.
Maybe it is noob question but How to get Belt enchantment?
"Enemies maimed by you take 8% increased physical damage over time"
I'm tried to Google and see that this is Enchantment but doesnt know how to get it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info