[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
nitetime wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
nitetime wrote:
I often find myself without spiders so im trying to understand the trigger mechanic and why they aren't refreshing.

When the spiders kill something, do they refresh themselves?

When the sentinels kill something do they trigger the spiders?

or is the only way to trigger the spiders is when I kill something myself?

It's your character killing plus the Fang that create spiders.

Sentinels can't trigger spiders since they do not have the Fang (theoretically an AG could summon them if you equipped it with a Fang and they killed an enemy. That could maybe "auto spawn" spiders but don't know how reliable that would be)

Spiders are on a timer of about 73 seconds. If you aren't killing anything by then they will expire on you and you have to use desecrate and writhing jar to summon new ones.

This is what is making shaper/sirus fights so annoying. With all the 'stages' the spiders keep expiring and even if im cycloning right on top of shaper I only have like 2 sentinels out at a time. Not the best build for these endgame bosses :(

Also I noticed Slava is using divine ire, is that better than cyclone to trigger the sentinels?

Make your character public so we can see what your setup is, or post a POB, otherwise can't tell what you might need to help you.
In the reference POB both in the configuration tab "Is the enemy are intimidated" and "Is the enemy unnerved" are both selected. Where does the intimidation and unnerved come from in the setup (gems, jewels, skill tree, etc) ?
"
BowWizard wrote:
In the reference POB both in the configuration tab "Is the enemy are intimidated" and "Is the enemy unnerved" are both selected. Where does the intimidation and unnerved come from in the setup (gems, jewels, skill tree, etc) ?

It comes from the Guardian ascendancy, the second minion ascendancy node.
"
The idea would be to have a 4L for Dom Blow (which you should upgrade to a 5L asap), a 3L for HoP, and a 2L for your Holy Relic (Minion Damage), even though the last 2L is really optional.

Even though this is the leveling portion and not that important, as a new player and reading through your leveling guide from act 1 to maps, I never saw you say when to get dominating blow. Do you get it 4 linked when you get to maps, or is there something I am missing? You had the gems to pick up highlighted when going through the acts, but then in the Mapping section, say that I should have a 4 linked Dominating blow, just confused!

Thanks in advance this build looks really fun and I want to play it but kinda confused!
"
monerz wrote:
"
The idea would be to have a 4L for Dom Blow (which you should upgrade to a 5L asap), a 3L for HoP, and a 2L for your Holy Relic (Minion Damage), even though the last 2L is really optional.

Even though this is the leveling portion and not that important, as a new player and reading through your leveling guide from act 1 to maps, I never saw you say when to get dominating blow. Do you get it 4 linked when you get to maps, or is there something I am missing? You had the gems to pick up highlighted when going through the acts, but then in the Mapping section, say that I should have a 4 linked Dominating blow, just confused!

Thanks in advance this build looks really fun and I want to play it but kinda confused!

Which section is dominating blow in - I don't see it anywhere on the first page and never used it in this build.
"
monerz wrote:
"

Thanks for letting me know, Dom Blow used to be used as a levelling skill but was removed, apparently I missed it there. Thank you! :)
Hey just wanted to put in my endorsement for this build - I played it in 3.17 and it crushed everything I threw at it. In fact, my character Dixie_Normus_II was so successful that i got tired of playing and ended the league early. So just beware that this build is so powerful that you may get bored.
Hi,
Reached lv 96 with this build, really tanky with 7800 ES ATM
How can i push DPS further (I'm now switching melee splash for Melee Physical damage when bossing) ?
Thanks by advance for help and tips

Here is my POB
https://pastebin.com/xtJsWA0z
I want to start 3.18 on this build but worried about the new sentinel mechanic. As far as I understand the sentinels work only around the character but spiders more aggressively and will be kill behind the screen. What do you think about this?
About the Curse on the Shaper's Touch.
Should i choose Despair on hit or Vulnerability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info