[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hi, I'm trying this build and for now I don't know how can I cap my resistances?
I use the low budget boots that have +20 and got 2 jewels with +9 but still i'm not near 70 ele resist

since most items are unique where can I get the ele resist cap ?
"
macsu wrote:
Hi, I'm trying this build and for now I don't know how can I cap my resistances?
I use the low budget boots that have +20 and got 2 jewels with +9 but still i'm not near 70 ele resist

Check your skills tree is the same as the template on page 1. Resists for this build come primarily from there. You can also get them on gear, most likely the helmet (other items if they have extra res will be $$$). You may have to sacrifice something like ES on the helmet but slightly less ES is far better than low resistances.
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
macsu wrote:

Check your skills tree is the same as the template on page 1. Resists for this build come primarily from there. You can also get them on gear, most likely the helmet (other items if they have extra res will be $$$). You may have to sacrifice something like ES on the helmet but slightly less ES is far better than low resistances.

Okay I replaced the helmet with one with resists ... thanks

Nice detailed guide very nice for noobs like me.
Keep up the good work!!
"
macsu wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
macsu wrote:

Okay I replaced the helmet with one with resists ... thanks

Nice detailed guide very nice for noobs like me.
Keep up the good work!!

You should also be able to get the enchant (+1 to Sentinels) on the helmet too - it cost me 10c in standard

Last edited by Aynix on Mar 26, 2022, 1:00:25 PM
I restarted PoE after a very long pause and decided to try a generic EA totem build to not be too lost with all the new stuff.

After getting enough currency i landed on your build and decided to try, i don't regret that at all. Really tanky, quite forgiving and more than enough DPS to do anything, i'm in love with this one and i will probably replay it next league if it isn't nerfed to the ground.
Is "Used when charges reach full" on a bottled faith useful or not so much ? From wiki flask gives a 40% dmg increase, and I think more armour as well so it seems to be a good add but not sure about the prefix that should be on it.
I think "use when you hit a rare or a unique enemie" is better for a bottled faith if you don't want to use it, but i dunno if this work with the minion damage
"
Imperatum wrote:
I restarted PoE after a very long pause and decided to try a generic EA totem build to not be too lost with all the new stuff.

After getting enough currency i landed on your build and decided to try, i don't regret that at all. Really tanky, quite forgiving and more than enough DPS to do anything, i'm in love with this one and i will probably replay it next league if it isn't nerfed to the ground.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! This build has been alive and well since Legion, it may get some small nerfs at some point, but I think if GGG didn't like how the build works and wanted to nerf it to the ground, they would have done it by now.

"
BowWizard wrote:
Is "Used when charges reach full" on a bottled faith useful or not so much ? From wiki flask gives a 40% dmg increase, and I think more armour as well so it seems to be a good add but not sure about the prefix that should be on it.

I feel like an armour flask is way more impactful than a bottled faith. Like I said in the guide, armour doesn't just mean phys dmg reduction, it also means ES on block, and we're that tanky because of that. So I would definitely advice against removing an armour flask. That being said, if you do decide to use Bottled Faith, I think "used when hitting a rare or unique" would be better - you don't need it while clearing, and it would mean more uptime versus bosses.
Hello!

Wanna say biiig thanks to @Vatinas for good explained guide and cool build!

For my 8-ish years experience in PoE it's one of the best unkillable/tankiness build I've played so far.

Well, goals which I did with ease
- Simalucrum 30-waves (1 death on last wave with 2 bosses, just get caught unlucky in bad spot, not build fault :D)
- Uber Atziri deathless
- Uber Elder - deathless (just need not to stay in dot pools, slams and other shit can't scratch you at all)
- Maven - (deathless, pure afk, just do memory puzzle with careful)
- Sirus (it's a joke, really)
- 100% delirium juiced map - slow cuz deeps not that high, but easy
- boosted to sky archnemesis in juiced 200IIQ map - easy

Numbers:
-8,2k ES (with 2 minion 16% dmg nodes) or 8,4k ES without (for Sim 30)
- 58k unbuffed armour / 90% phys dmg reduction (no molten shell, flasks)
- 5677 ES recharge / 378 ES/sec regen
- 77% fire / 82% cold / 78% lightning resists
- 75%/75% attack/spell block
~ 1160 ES on block unbuffed

By the way, feel free to check it in pob https://pastebin.com/pVQVJX4D

Awesome build!

Don't be missleading - gems like 21/20 Anomalous Vaal Discipline or Divergent Tempest Shield or rings with %inc Discipline Aura effect not need at all. With ~6k ES this build can do anything too without any deaths.

Edit: PoB link added
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
Last edited by Slava_N on Mar 31, 2022, 6:20:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info