[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
2517 wrote:
"
lethorn_ekb wrote:
"
2517 wrote:
What's the point of the "Non-curse Aura Skills have 50% Increased Duration" Mastery taken in the build?

Vaal Discipline and Vaal Molten Shell have increased duration

But the VMS has no Aura tag, right?

Oh, yeah - my bad. VD only.
"
monerz wrote:
Hey! sorry if this has been answered, I've been looking all over for it, but when you get to the end of the leveling section, you say that you should have dominating blow with a 5 link but never explain what supports should be linked to dominating blow. Do I transition to dominating blow when I get to maps, or should I start leveling it up when I get close to act 10? Sorry if it's a noob question or something, but im kinda confused. Thanks in advance!

If you choose to use Dominating Blow, a possible 5L would be Dom Blow - Melee Splash - Minion Damage - Melee Phys. Damage - Meat Shield, for instance. :)
Hello exiles,

one question: What is the reason why we are using Blink instead of Flame dash?

1 charge vs 3 charges?
Sirius lvl 8 down!! First time. Im playing since 2013 with breaks. I can say this build is the best build ever, it is not the fastest one, the most damage one, but the most reliable one.
For reacheble amount of currency (5ex) you will get great build.

Maven is waiting:)

Thank you so much Vatinas!
i wonder - how is the speed since its kinda important in a league like scourge?

also when is the point reached (scourge stacks) when it start to get ripy?
I'm using your build this season and it's been a blast! Thank you Vatinas. I have a question. I'm using vile toxins instead of meat shied and I'm wondering if you're using meat shield just because the mana multiplier is lower or is there something else that is making it more interesting to use ?
"
Rhonova wrote:
Hello exiles,

one question: What is the reason why we are using Blink instead of Flame dash?

1 charge vs 3 charges?

The cooldown can be very low when you blink from or into packs of mobs, you can blink while casting a skill like Spirit Offering or even while cycloning, and the chilled ground is a nice addition.

"
Artegal87 wrote:
i wonder - how is the speed since its kinda important in a league like scourge?

also when is the point reached (scourge stacks) when it start to get ripy?

The clear speed feels great for Scourge. As for when it gets rippy, it depends on your gear, the map mods, etc., but I regularly get to 180-200 stacks without getting close to dying.

"
Marlylou wrote:
I'm using your build this season and it's been a blast! Thank you Vatinas. I have a question. I'm using vile toxins instead of meat shied and I'm wondering if you're using meat shield just because the mana multiplier is lower or is there something else that is making it more interesting to use ?

Mainly the mana multiplier, yes. It does have the small added benefit of not requiring any poison stack to reach full damage, but it's really not that important; I added it mainly because it's a comparable damage gem for a lower mana multiplier.

Last edited by Vatinas on Nov 13, 2021, 8:15:16 AM
Hello Friends,

I'm looking for any suggestions/advice on how to improve my character. The only content I'm interested in optimizing for is wave 30 simulacrum. I have tried ~ 6 times so far and every time I've died to a wave 26-29 Kosis (but on later non boss waves my HP bar ping pongs pretty hard). As far as I can tell I am dying to mods that give them a massive amount of physical as extra elemental damage. Every time I die its almost always a 1 shot, I'm making sure to manually activate my flasks if needed for bleed/burn. I took wicked ward since I didn't have enough points to get anywhere else important to see if it would help (I don't think it does LOL). In addition to the survivability issues in later waves my damage feels low. A wave 28 Omniphobia took me 4.5 minutes while maintaining signal prey/spirit offering/meat shield with only minimal downtime on 20/20 spiders.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/8yyu5tmg

Any advice/suggestions on things to add/change/remove are greatly appreciated thank you!!
"
Akinaria wrote:
Hello Friends,

I'm looking for any suggestions/advice on how to improve my character. The only content I'm interested in optimizing for is wave 30 simulacrum. I have tried ~ 6 times so far and every time I've died to a wave 26-29 Kosis (but on later non boss waves my HP bar ping pongs pretty hard). As far as I can tell I am dying to mods that give them a massive amount of physical as extra elemental damage. Every time I die its almost always a 1 shot, I'm making sure to manually activate my flasks if needed for bleed/burn. I took wicked ward since I didn't have enough points to get anywhere else important to see if it would help (I don't think it does LOL). In addition to the survivability issues in later waves my damage feels low. A wave 28 Omniphobia took me 4.5 minutes while maintaining signal prey/spirit offering/meat shield with only minimal downtime on 20/20 spiders.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/8yyu5tmg

Any advice/suggestions on things to add/change/remove are greatly appreciated thank you!!

Hi again! :)

Here are a few ideas:

1) Level up. Level 90 is still pretty low to attempt "uber end game" content, and level 95-96 is quicker to achieve than you might think when you almost never die in maps.

2) Don't forget to swap Melee Splash for Melee Phys Damage / Minion Damage if you have a white socket.

3) Quality on your gems. Level 21 is more valuable than quality, but 21/20 gems are a nice upgrade to have.

4) If you drop the Memory Vault for a rare helmet, you'll be able to anoint Soul of Steel, for a nice amount of armour and max elemental resists. On the rare helmet, you can then try to aim for "nearby enemies take #% increased physical damage" / "nearby enemies have -#% to chaos res". This might be expensive to buy or craft, but it's an insane upgrade damage-wise.

5) If you're struggling with Kosis/Omniphobia, you can use the Soul of Gruthkul pantheon for a bit more phys damage reduction, which will help against very large hits, even if your estimated phys damage reduction is already at 90% (remember it's estimated, armour protects less against large hits than small hits).

Cheers!
All in all a very good build and guide for the 3.16 scourge league. I reached and did all endgame. Mapping in Tier 16 with awakening level 8/9 is no problem at all.
But I did run into serious summoning problems in Maven's Breach Lords Invitation and onwards. All I did to circumvent that issue was replacing cyclone and maim support with Storm Brand and Swiftbrand Support. The theoretical damage is probably lower but as I struggled to summon even 1-2 minions before getting nuked in melee range on those bosses I had to take this tradeoff. The cast speed for those brands feels a bit off especially if you played a brand playstyle before but it's alright.
Last edited by Chilibringer on Nov 13, 2021, 9:32:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info