[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
EternalValley wrote:
Hello! Thank you a lot for the build, I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
The only problem I have is with my reserved mana. I can't seem to free up enough mana for discipline no matter what I do, even though I'm trying to follow your PoB. The only changes I have is that I do not have most of the awakened gems and no empower yet, I replaced it with Ruthless as someone else mentioned doing so in this thread.
I believe I am missing something, but I can't seem to find it. On PoB it shows me that I've got 29% unreserved mana, but if that was the case I would be able to active my discipline. Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/yRzqQ63J
(I just need 1 more level to reach a jewel socket, then I will max out my resistances :p )

First of all - your rings are bad. You need increased reservation efficiency and sentinels of purity deal % increased damage.
After you get these 2 rings - you need to improve quality of your rings by fertile catalysts for increasing mana reservation efficiency.
Also I'd recommend to get rid of Memory Vault because u get 20% reduced reservation efficiency from it.
Last edited by lethorn_ekb on Nov 7, 2021, 6:53:22 AM
"
lethorn_ekb wrote:
First of all - your rings are bad. You need increased reservation efficiency and sentinels of purity deal % increased damage.
After you get these 2 rings - you need to improve quality of your rings by fertile catalysts for increasing mana reservation efficiency.
Also I'd recommend to get rid of Memory Vault because u get 20% reduced reservation efficiency from it.

Ahh, I thought the helmet improved the reservation efficiency, not lower it. So that was why I couldn't activate all the auras.
About the rings, thanks for letting me know. I must've missed that, so thank you for that as well! I will definitely work on fixing those things.
"
"
Kathovarh wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Semisoulus wrote:
I switched to this after they day 1 nerfed Energy blade. I really enjoy the build and love the tankiness. However, I was wondering if you have addressed the mana issues with the CWDT on Holy Relic? CWDT's 250% modifier makes it nearly impossible to run with the low mana we end up with (34 mana for me with 46% and 39% mana res Circle of guilt), unless you run Holy Relic at super low lvl which seems pointless to me. The only thing I could come up with is to ditch CWDT, add Minion life and self cast it when I get the chance. Otherwise I am left trying to rebuy all of my jewels for mana res and bumping my other CoG up to 46% with catalysts as well, and that is not cheap. Even with that tho I don't think you could run a lvl 20 Holy Relic. Any Help would be nice. Other than that great job on the build!

I'm currently able to have it trigger. My rings are at 39% and 44%, the only difference with the PoB is that I'm using Ruthless instead of Empower, given how expensive it has become. I might make this replacement permanent, to be honest, it's a bit less dps overall, but it's way cheaper, and makes mana reservation easier (120% mana multiplier instead of 130%).

It's also possible to run Empower and a lvl 2 Enlighten in your aura setup, if you ditch Reckoning.

Is Reckoning only for trigerring Culling Strike support more often and generating spiders more easily ? Or am I missing something ?

It can also maim & curse enemies without us hitting them (although Tempest Shield already does the curse part), but the main use is debilitating enemies, thanks to the shield mastery & the alternate qualities.

I ran anomalous SHR with minion life and just self cast it. Which I admit is annoying but it does allow me to run it now and the down time is not that bad. I am not sure what you guys are talking about cause I did not see a reckoning setup at all. Is there a new build guide out?
"
Semisoulus wrote:
"
"
Kathovarh wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Semisoulus wrote:
I switched to this after they day 1 nerfed Energy blade. I really enjoy the build and love the tankiness. However, I was wondering if you have addressed the mana issues with the CWDT on Holy Relic? CWDT's 250% modifier makes it nearly impossible to run with the low mana we end up with (34 mana for me with 46% and 39% mana res Circle of guilt), unless you run Holy Relic at super low lvl which seems pointless to me. The only thing I could come up with is to ditch CWDT, add Minion life and self cast it when I get the chance. Otherwise I am left trying to rebuy all of my jewels for mana res and bumping my other CoG up to 46% with catalysts as well, and that is not cheap. Even with that tho I don't think you could run a lvl 20 Holy Relic. Any Help would be nice. Other than that great job on the build!

I'm currently able to have it trigger. My rings are at 39% and 44%, the only difference with the PoB is that I'm using Ruthless instead of Empower, given how expensive it has become. I might make this replacement permanent, to be honest, it's a bit less dps overall, but it's way cheaper, and makes mana reservation easier (120% mana multiplier instead of 130%).

It's also possible to run Empower and a lvl 2 Enlighten in your aura setup, if you ditch Reckoning.

Is Reckoning only for trigerring Culling Strike support more often and generating spiders more easily ? Or am I missing something ?

It can also maim & curse enemies without us hitting them (although Tempest Shield already does the curse part), but the main use is debilitating enemies, thanks to the shield mastery & the alternate qualities.

I ran anomalous SHR with minion life and just self cast it. Which I admit is annoying but it does allow me to run it now and the down time is not that bad. I am not sure what you guys are talking about cause I did not see a reckoning setup at all. Is there a new build guide out?

Both the guide and PoB include it.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
lakmethemud wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks for the build. I followed it to the T and just hit lvl 90. Watching your videos, you seem to have way more Mana (5000+) than I do. Currently, at lvl 90 I have 2700 Mana.

Is this something that comes with another 10 levels to 100? I have every node the same as your PoB link, except some minion damage and "Resistance and Ailment Protection Mastery" circle. And I'd like to think my gear is maxed almost as well as I could muster as well.

Thanks!

The videos are from another patch (the number is written next to the video). The build used to have more mana.

Thank you! Was driving me crazy. :)
I would like to try this build with Occultist so I can take advantage of Profane Bloom and Malediction.

Can you give me some advice?
ara va de bo, que de bo va!
"
muzzol wrote:
I would like to try this build with Occultist so I can take advantage of Profane Bloom and Malediction.

Yeah, don't : ^)

Guardian gives us a lot of damage, and a lot of damage. As much as I love the occultist ascendancy, it's just nowhere near as good for this build as guardian is.
https://pastebin.com/2FZ0SNh6

This is my current pob in Scourge, and my herald's damage is really low. Could anyone take a look and maybe tell me what's wrong?

(I got a spell block watcher's eye, and am using Death's Door boots for bleed immune and extra endurance charge.)
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
muzzol wrote:

Yeah, don't : ^)

Guardian gives us a lot of damage, and a lot of damage. As much as I love the occultist ascendancy, it's just nowhere near as good for this build as guardian is.

Can you develop you answer a little bit more?

I think going with 2 or even 3 curses with ignoring hexproof can be quit powerfull, so the difference in numbers shouldn't be that big.
and seems to me more safe.
ara va de bo, que de bo va!
So, im now lvl 100 in scourge. I didn't go after the best gear but build is still solid. Last time I played this build was heist league and regret I didn't use heist to push 100.(ez xp) Stopped at 98

It still plays the same. I have less energy shield than before but I feel more tanky for some reason.(except for when you get stunned) I could have changed up some jewels as I'm way over cap on res (139-120)
Rare helm helped with resistances a ton

Empower still $$$ /cry

Stats atm in case someone was curious.
2540 mana
6790 ES
50324 armor
75(88) Block
74 Block spell

Just a solid build to enjoy the game without the huge setback of dying!

Oh, I was mapping for a while with shield charge instead of cyclone. to try out something different. It has more damage than cyclone, faster mapping and ground speed, stuns and so on...just sucks when you hit a wall lol..
you just gotta figure out the 1st spider spawning then ez.
Last edited by Kajun on Nov 7, 2021, 6:57:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info