[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Regarding the new keystone: Divine Shield:

Percentage of Total Physical Damage prevented from Hits Recently is Regenerated as Energy Shield per second.

Will this proc if we block or do we actually have to take the hit and let our armor do the "preventing"?

If it procs on block, this could be really powerful.
"
Regarding the new keystone: Divine Shield:

Percentage of Total Physical Damage prevented from Hits Recently is Regenerated as Energy Shield per second.

Will this proc if we block or do we actually have to take the hit and let our armor do the "preventing"?

If it procs on block, this could be really powerful.

That's a pretty good question; even in the "worst case" scenario, if the blocked damage doesn't count as "prevented", we still take 65% of the damage blocked, so we'll still get an insane regen when it's most needed. Now we just need to cross fingers as for the location the the keystone :) (and the new max res nodes too, though those should just be armour nodes we already take or are near to anyway)
Luckily it seems that the big buffing didn't kill the build, although still no info about the supposed nerf on Arakaali’s Fang...
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Oct 8, 2021, 2:26:31 PM
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
Luckily it seems that the big buffing didn't kill the build, although still no info about the supposed nerf on Arakaali’s Fang...

oh! I did not see this. What did you hear?
"
Vatinas wrote:

That's a pretty good question; even in the "worst case" scenario, if the blocked damage doesn't count as "prevented", we still take 65% of the damage blocked, so we'll still get an insane regen when it's most needed. Now we just need to cross fingers as for the location the the keystone :) (and the new max res nodes too, though those should just be armour nodes we already take or are near to anyway)

I am hopeful the keystone will be close by since they said it is on the Templar side of the tree and we do some decent pathing in that area.

They are moving Elemental Equilibrium to the other side of the tree so I think Divine Shield may end up in the old spot where EE was.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 8, 2021, 8:09:27 PM
"
Fairstrider wrote:
"
Impossible to put determination and discipline with the cluster changes now?

Hard to say without seeing the numbers. But, they said cluster notables that reduced individual aura reservation now grant high amounts of reservation efficiency to that specific aura. So I think this change will be either neutral or slightly positive for the build.

I'd be more concerned with herald of purity getting 40% less life. Might need to invest in a medium cluster with recently spawned minions can't die just to have effective up time on your sentinels.

With the doubled value of reduced reservation converted to reservation efficiency, I did some excel math:

With Sovereignty Cluster, Influence Cluster, and Charisma Annoint, you get 52% reservation efficiency. Add that with two small cluster jewels for determination and discipline reduction, and you get all your auras.

One PoB of a build like this had 3.2k Armour given from Memory Vault. In comparison, the new discipline gives 2k base with its original scaling. It's arguable a rare helmet could be efficient instead of a memory vault, which would give 90% increased with 4500 mana, for example. Between not having to deal with the downside of reservation efficiency of memory vault, the new Armour/ES keystone, and new Armour formula, the helmet slot is potentially up in the air. But memory vault will still work, for sure, according to the math.

Edit: in bold
Last edited by JoeBroski on Oct 9, 2021, 12:32:12 AM
"
JoeBroski wrote:
"
Fairstrider wrote:
"
Impossible to put determination and discipline with the cluster changes now?

Hard to say without seeing the numbers. But, they said cluster notables that reduced individual aura reservation now grant high amounts of reservation efficiency to that specific aura. So I think this change will be either neutral or slightly positive for the build.

I'd be more concerned with herald of purity getting 40% less life. Might need to invest in a medium cluster with recently spawned minions can't die just to have effective up time on your sentinels.

With the doubled value of reduced reservation converted to reservation efficiency, I did some excel math:

With Sovereignty Cluster, Influence Cluster, and Charisma Annoint, you get 52% reservation efficiency. Add that with two small cluster jewels for determination and discipline reduction, and you get all your auras.

One PoB of a build like this had 3.2k Armour given from Memory Vault. In comparison, the new discipline gives 2k base with its original scaling. It's arguable a rare helmet could be efficient instead of a Mind Drinker, which would give 90% increased with 4500 mana, for example. Between not having to deal with the downside of reservation efficiency of mind drinker, the new Armour/ES keystone, and new Armour formula, the helmet slot is potentially up in the air. But mind drinker will still work, for sure, according to the math.

I am confused. Mind Drinker is a passive node on the other side of the tree (unless it is being moved over in 3.16 near us).
"

I am confused. Mind Drinker is a passive node on the other side of the tree (unless it is being moved over in 3.16 near us).

I don't know why my brain puts random words in, and when I reread, it says "yep, you're good."

I meant Memory Vault, my bad
I believe that with all the changes we will get less armor numerically but a higher overall reduction from it. On the other hand less armor means lower ES on block so overall our defense is going to be the same imo.

Edit: with the buffs to ES we will be on the positive probably.
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Oct 9, 2021, 3:07:06 AM
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
I believe that with all the changes we will get less armor numerically but a higher overall reduction from it. On the other hand less armor means lower ES on block so overall our defense is going to be the same imo.

Edit: with the buffs to ES we will be on the positive probably.

I posted about this a couple of pages ago and came to the same conclusion.

I actually made the edits in POB to both memory vault and determination to match 3.16 to see the exact armor numbers. The armor in 3.16 was slightly less but very close. The determination buff is really nice and almost makes up for Memory Vault nerf. And that was only using a level 20 Determination since I did not have the numbers for level 21.

GGG did mention they were buffing armor and ES on gear and on the tree. Since we use a lot of uniques, we may not see much change but between our rare jewels and hopefully nodes on the tree, they might give us more armor than we had total in 3.15.

I am expecting slightly more ES from the tree and a nice bump in ES regen.

One big potential buff for us will hopefully be the ability to further up the maximum cap for elemental resistances because with out Fortify we are going to need that.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 9, 2021, 8:47:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info