[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Manually comparing the new tree (https://i.imgur.com/ukQ2wc7.jpg) to the PoB's level 100 tree, looks like we're two points down if we follow the same pathing. Lose one in Witch starting area, one leading to Anointed Flesh, one taking Divine Shield, but gain one from the travel across the top of the tree.

Presumably some different choices will be made in case we want some masteries as well, and we don't quite know how jewel radii will look for Blue Nightmare and Healthy Mind, but it's looking solid for 3.16
"
Halinn wrote:
Manually comparing the new tree (https://i.imgur.com/ukQ2wc7.jpg) to the PoB's level 100 tree, looks like we're two points down if we follow the same pathing. Lose one in Witch starting area, one leading to Anointed Flesh, one taking Divine Shield, but gain one from the travel across the top of the tree.

Presumably some different choices will be made in case we want some masteries as well, and we don't quite know how jewel radii will look for Blue Nightmare and Healthy Mind, but it's looking solid for 3.16

I believe in the Q&A yesterday Chris said that they were careful to make sure that the radius of the jewels still made sense based on the new layout so I have a feeling those two spots (Blue Nightmare and Healthy Mind) will function as they always have.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 15, 2021, 11:17:03 AM
every one should keep their eyes open for a Skin of the Lords this league, it should be a very nice addition to the build with the buff in 3.16.

At worst, find a Keystone that does not hurt us. If you find a good keystone on the Lords, then that is just a nice bonus.

The Skin of the Lords in 3.16 should be as good or better than any Skin of the Loyal accept the extremely rare perfect double corrupt of Skin of the Loyal.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 15, 2021, 1:20:27 PM
"
"
riniah wrote:
Hi so I've league started with this build 5 times now and plan to go again on the next league.
With the league announcement coming soon it got me thinking about how I always feel weak once I hit T1 maps until I get the shield and fang.

I've tried two approaches previously - Dominating Blow or Cyclone/holy relic.
Its been getting slower and slower to get myself setup due to the fang going up in value a bit each league so far.

Does anyone have some extra tips that aren't already in the build guide to help me make the initial mapping feel better?

I wish I could give you answer but I gave up league starting this myself.

I now use it as my 2nd or 3rd build so that I can afford the Fang when the time comes.

I hope some one else chimes in here since with out the fang, it feels really weak in early maps IMO.

For 3.15, I did not run this build, but a very similar one (with HoAg being the main damage dealer) and I did not league start with that either, but rather another guardian, namely Holy Relic. With that, I've managed to get to tier 14+ maps with ease and get enough currency for a fang, astramentis, shaper's touch, a Memory Vault and a skin of the loyal. And about 50 regrets, too. That worked really well and I will probably do that in 3.16 again - if this build keeps being viable. So my suggestion is to pick a league start friendly (minion) guardian build and get that to level 80+ and do a semi-full respec.

Some concerns of mine regarding the changes, where we might need to keep an eye on for the exact numbers:

- Changes to Mana Reservation Efficiency might need a revisting of the reservation maths, but it'll be fine, probably.

- Changes to how Fortify works. As Fortify's effect is now tied to a mechanic similar to ailments, there might be a reduced effect in the damage reduction of fortify, especially against bosses.

I just wrote some notes for the 3.16 update. Let me know if you guys think of something I forgot to write in there. :)

Have a nice day!
Hi, noone mention small buff (for some build combinations)

The Skin of the Lords Unique Body Armour now grants “+2 to level of Socketed Gems” (previously +1). A Divine Orb would be able to update this on existing items, if they weren’t Corrupted already.
The following Keystones Passive Skills can also now appear on the Skin of the Lords Unique Body Armour: Divine Shield, Ghost Dance, Iron Will, Lethe Shade, Magebane, Solipsism and Versatile Combatant.
"
HatMatter wrote:

... and I did not league start with that either, but rather another guardian, namely Holy Relic. With that, I've managed to get to tier 14+ maps with ease and get enough currency for a fang, astramentis, shaper's touch, a Memory Vault and a skin of the loyal.

Hi, if you don't mind, can you share your build or a guide on this? I skipped last league and wasn't aware someone could level up with Holy Relic!
"
Zepepsico wrote:
"
HatMatter wrote:

... and I did not league start with that either, but rather another guardian, namely Holy Relic. With that, I've managed to get to tier 14+ maps with ease and get enough currency for a fang, astramentis, shaper's touch, a Memory Vault and a skin of the loyal.

Hi, if you don't mind, can you share your build or a guide on this? I skipped last league and wasn't aware someone could level up with Holy Relic!

I followed this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2717739

The actual leveling process in early acts was a hodgepodge of minion gems awailabe (HoP, some DomBlow, tried absolution warcry too). It kinda comes together once you have a 4L.

"
Vatinas wrote:
I just wrote some notes for the 3.16 update. Let me know if you guys think of something I forgot to write in there. :)

For fortify, it might not be as bad as it sounds. Looking at the patch notes, the ailment passage reads to me that the ailment threshold is used to calculate the number of stacks where 1% = 1 Fortification. For 2 skill points we get access to spiritual aid, which will apply "increased minion damage" to our own damage as well, pushing the average hit to about 1300 damage, with quite some variance. Using the formula from the wiki, namely 0.5*(D/T)^0.4 (where D is the incoming damage and T is the mob's threshold (which is 25 million for Sirus), dealing 1415 damage will inflict a single fortify. With an attack rate of 5.7 per second and assuming only crits will generate a fortify stack (in fact, even some non-crit hits will do so), we'll generate one fortify stack every two seconds. Since they last for 5s, this will allow us to ramp up fortify stacks in longer fights. It will be slower than before, but generally possible. It might still not be the ultimately best choice, but still worth consiering if we are looking for defensvie options.
Last edited by HatMatter on Oct 16, 2021, 4:55:34 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but why not Corpsewalk boots instead of Desecrate for auto-making corpses?
Last edited by Ora9 on Oct 16, 2021, 6:10:09 PM
"
AivaPL wrote:
Hi, noone mention small buff (for some build combinations)

I talked about this just a few posts before yours. I think it will be an interesting, albeit expensive, choice this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info