[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
JoeBroski wrote:

In
With Sovereignty Cluster, Influence Cluster, and Charisma Annoint, you get 52% reservation efficiency. Add that with two small cluster jewels for determination and discipline reduction, and you get all your auras.

Thank you for doing the math.

Can you tell us exactly which auras you fit into this? And did you take into account the change to memory vault for efficiency?

I think the Determination and Discipline reduction clusters are medium jewels not small clusters. Are you saying we need two medium clusters to stack those reductions or can we get away with just one medium cluster for Determination and Discipline reduction?
"
"
JoeBroski wrote:

In
With Sovereignty Cluster, Influence Cluster, and Charisma Annoint, you get 52% reservation efficiency. Add that with two small cluster jewels for determination and discipline reduction, and you get all your auras.

Thank you for doing the math.

Can you tell us exactly which auras you fit into this? And did you take into account the change to memory vault for efficiency?

I think the Determination and Discipline reduction clusters are medium jewels not small clusters. Are you saying we need two medium clusters to stack those reductions or can we get away with just one medium cluster for Determination and Discipline reduction?

I fit in a 95% or so herald using an estimated new 30-40% reservation efficiency value for the rings since that is how the manifesto said the new efficiency value translates, if it isn't specifically mentioned. I then fit in Determination and Discipline using a cluster notable for each. You'll need to Annoint Charisma OR use two herald reservation efficiency rings.

The manifesto said all cluster notables were moved to small cluster jewels, so you're stuck with a maximum of 2 reservation efficiency notables per large cluster (unless you get Voices).

Edit: Also, yes I did take into account the Memory Vault reduced efficiency change.
Last edited by JoeBroski on Oct 9, 2021, 10:09:17 AM
"
JoeBroski wrote:

I fit in a 95% or so herald using an estimated new 30-40% reservation efficiency value for the rings since that is how the manifesto said the new efficiency value translates, if it isn't specifically mentioned. I then fit in Determination and Discipline using a cluster notable for each. You'll need to Annoint Charisma OR use two herald reservation efficiency rings.

The manifesto said all cluster notables were moved to small cluster jewels, so you're stuck with a maximum of 2 reservation efficiency notables per large cluster (unless you get Voices).

Edit: Also, yes I did take into account the Memory Vault reduced efficiency change.

thank you for the info, that is very helpful!

So lets brain storm about the best cluster set up now that Self Control and Uncompromising have moved into the small cluster.
===============

1 Large Cluster: Call to the Slaughter, Raze and Pillage (only use 2 outside nodes to save points)

2 Medium Clusters: (Blessed Rebirth + Renewel)* and (Cult Leader + Disciples)

2 Small Clusters: (Self Control) and (Uncompromising)

*This is to help counter act the large nerf to the Sentinel health.

Thoughts?

"
So lets brain storm about the best cluster set up now that Self Control and Uncompromising have moved into the small cluster.
===============

1 Large Cluster: Call to the Slaughter, Raze and Pillage (only use 2 outside nodes to save points)

Thoughts?

Those choices seems good to me. I just would like to point out a few things to consider.

According to the manifesto, the aura reservation notables going to be slightly buffed namely "improving the secondary bonus that notable gave". Since we are going to loose the extra aura effect but gain some extra reservation instead, we may be able to get rid either Self Control or Uncompromising and use the new notable for aura effect instead. ("A new Cluster Jewel Notable has been added that grants 10% increased Effect of your Auras on You.")

Also I am not sure about the severity of the nerf to the Sentinel health. I believe the minion life cluster is (hopefully) unnecessary because of 2 things:
- even with the 40% nerf HoP Sentinels still have the most base life amongst the minions (except AG).
- we can probably replace Minion Damage (and/or get Renewal on the large cluster) to be able to use a second medium DPS cluster.

Overall I hope that the health nerf on sentinels wont be really noticeable. (Fingers crossed)
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
"
===============

Thoughts?

Those choices seems good to me. I just would like to point out a few things to consider.

According to the manifesto, the aura reservation notables going to be slightly buffed namely "improving the secondary bonus that notable gave". Since we are going to loose the extra aura effect but gain some extra reservation instead, we may be able to get rid either Self Control or Uncompromising and use the new notable for aura effect instead. ("A new Cluster Jewel Notable has been added that grants 10% increased Effect of your Auras on You.")

Also I am not sure about the severity of the nerf to the Sentinel health. I believe the minion life cluster is (hopefully) unnecessary because of 2 things:
- even with the 40% nerf HoP Sentinels still have the most base life amongst the minions (except AG).
- we can probably replace Minion Damage (and/or get Renewal on the large cluster) to be able to use a second medium DPS cluster.

Overall I hope that the health nerf on sentinels wont be really noticeable. (Fingers crossed)

great points!

My concern for the Sentinels is not specifically their health pool but more that we don't invest anything into our minions survivability. Almost all other minions needs to be invested in for resistance, life etc to survive these days and I am not sure if just having a little more life pool than the other minions will be enough if we don't provide them some protection in late end game.

Like you, I really hope this concern does not pan out. We need every little bit of damage we can get so having a second medium damage cluster would be great.
Hi so I've league started with this build 5 times now and plan to go again on the next league.
With the league announcement coming soon it got me thinking about how I always feel weak once I hit T1 maps until I get the shield and fang.

I've tried two approaches previously - Dominating Blow or Cyclone/holy relic.
Its been getting slower and slower to get myself setup due to the fang going up in value a bit each league so far.

Does anyone have some extra tips that aren't already in the build guide to help me make the initial mapping feel better?
As a mostly casual player that was slowly progressing in Standard with this build the past few months, I just wanted to thank Vatinas and everyone else that's kept the guide alive.

Thanks to this build I've pushed further than ever before in PoE, doing deathless Maven, Uber Elder, Sirus and Simulacrum while getting all the way to level 99. It's just such a reliable, truly tanky build to play that can do all the content.

Sure, it doesn't delete entire screens at the tap of a button but it's still fine.
"
riniah wrote:
Hi so I've league started with this build 5 times now and plan to go again on the next league.
With the league announcement coming soon it got me thinking about how I always feel weak once I hit T1 maps until I get the shield and fang.

Its been getting slower and slower to get myself setup due to the fang going up in value a bit each league so far.

Does anyone have some extra tips that aren't already in the build guide to help me make the initial mapping feel better?

I wish I could give you answer but I gave up league starting this myself.

I now use it as my 2nd or 3rd build so that I can afford the Fang when the time comes.

I hope some one else chimes in here since with out the fang, it feels really weak in early maps IMO.
"
riniah wrote:

you can level as a dominating blow build then transition to Vitina's spider build once you get the fang. I think last time I use Balormage dominating build to start with a couple of leagues ago, he has a leveling guide for his build https://balormage.com/build-guides/dominatingblow/ it was last updated for 3.14 but I think it should work until you get the fang. You will have to adapt the leveling tree so you only spec into nodes above RT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info