[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

R.I.P Memory Vault...
"
radius540 wrote:
R.I.P Memory Vault...

It took a massive nerf in armor but it still provides us a lot of ES and mana.

Do you think we need to change it for something else?

With out changing it, we still end up better as a build overall for armor due to other changes (determination, the armor formula etc) but if there is a better helmet choice we should explore it.

I took a quick peak at the unique helmets and nothing jumped out as better to me. i plugged in Crown of the Inward eye but it was still worse than the nerfed Memory Vault.

Should we be maybe looking into a rare in that slot now?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 7, 2021, 8:29:03 AM
Impossible to put determination and discipline with the cluster changes now?
"

Hard to say without seeing the numbers. But, they said cluster notables that reduced individual aura reservation now grant high amounts of reservation efficiency to that specific aura. So I think this change will be either neutral or slightly positive for the build.

I'd be more concerned with herald of purity getting 40% less life. Might need to invest in a medium cluster with recently spawned minions can't die just to have effective up time on your sentinels.
"
Fairstrider wrote:
"

Hard to say without seeing the numbers. But, they said cluster notables that reduced individual aura reservation now grant high amounts of reservation efficiency to that specific aura. So I think this change will be either neutral or slightly positive for the build.

I'd be more concerned with herald of purity getting 40% less life. Might need to invest in a medium cluster with recently spawned minions can't die just to have effective up time on your sentinels.

EDIT: Woops ignore me
Last edited by HamsterTrainer on Oct 7, 2021, 6:42:42 PM
I am very confused on the reservation change. I think I just need to see it in POB (those poor coders have so much to update)

Memory Vault got altered as well with this change. I have no idea if this is a buff, a nerf or neutral.
=====

Memory Vault now grants 20% reduced Reservation Efficiency (not specific to mana), instead of 10% increased Reservation

I may have overlooked this but did our rings get effected by this reservation change?
There was no mention of the rings. Probably have to wait until patch notes to know for sure.
"
so here is what we have for changes that will effect us in 3.16

* Fortify will be based on size of melee hit so while we don't yet have the exact numbers, it will probably be useless in our build going forward.

* Flasks were buffed across the board

* Lots of improvements in Pantheon and specifically Brine King where we can get full immunity to freeze now.

* Armor in general has received massive buffs (Determination for one, and the formula for armor protection has effectively doubled in effectiveness)

* But the buff in armor has forced a big nerf to our helmet, as follows:

Memory Vault: No longer grants “Gain Armour equal to your Reserved Mana”. Instead, it now grants “1% increased Armour per 50 Reserved Mana”.

I will run the numbers in POB and see how the armor changes effect us but I think it is going to be a huge win over all.

* In general, we should be able get more ES for the build as they are increasing the ES numbers on the tree and on gear

* ES recovery rate has been buffed

* As far as I can tell, recovery on block has been untouched, which is obviously great for our shield

* There is also this new keystone which is meant for players who have both armor and ES, but I am not quite sure if or how this benefits us. It sounds powerful but I am not good at judging how this stuff works.

New Keystone Passive Skill called Divine Shield: Percentage of Total Physical Damage prevented from Hits Recently is Regenerated as Energy Shield per second. Cannot Recover Energy Shield to above Armour. We're still deciding on the specific value

Thank you for summing it up. :) Overall, I think we should have comparable or better defences in 3.16. The armour and Determination buffs are insane, and the new keystone sounds amazingly strong. As for the helmet slot, I think it will still be best in slot - the flat ES and mana alone are great -, but we'll see once the patch notes / PoB update drop.

As for Fortify, we'll most likely drop the buff altogether. On the bright side, this frees up a gem socket, which is very valuable to us. Maybe we can use Infused Channelling instead, which would also grant us reduced damage taken from all AoE skills and attack skills (as well as some other skills), or, depending on how much unreserved mana we end up with, maybe the new Tempest Shield.

Also, I'm reminding you that I quit PoE a few leagues ago, but I'm still updating the guide for people who are playing it, so I'll be a bit slower than I used to be to update everything (though I'll still update the guide for 3.16 before the league starts). I'll also rely on you guys' feelings about the build (what feels smooth and what doesn't, what feels necessary and what doesn't, etc).

Have a nice day :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
[
Also, I'm reminding you that I quit PoE a few leagues ago, but I'm still updating the guide for people who are playing it, so I'll be a bit slower than I used to be to update everything (though I'll still update the guide for 3.16 before the league starts). I'll also rely on you guys' feelings about the build (what feels smooth and what doesn't, what feels necessary and what doesn't, etc).

Have a nice day :)

thank you so much!! You have a wonderful build here that so many people enjoy every league. It is very nice of you to still update even though you don't play any more.

I think one change that may be needed this league is to employ cluster jewels with Blessed Rebirth and maybe Renewel, to counter act the huge nerf to the HOP sentinel life.

I don't think we should be using Energy from Naught anymore. The combination of that being significantly nerfed and the likelihood of more ES on the tree, I don't think anyone should invest the points into that small cluster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info