[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Thanks for the quick answer Andy, i have around 20 ex to expend but at this point in the league i'm not sure that i want to grind for 100 ex to switch the build, i'll probably die of boredom because this league is not the most entertaining. I'll probably do what you told me and then get another 20 ex or so and do one last build with something very zoom zoomish, like flicker strike and wait for the next league. Thanks for the help and for keeping this build alive, you're awesome mate. <3
"
lacalaca wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer Andy, i have around 20 ex to expend but at this point in the league i'm not sure that i want to grind for 100 ex to switch the build, i'll probably die of boredom because this league is not the most entertaining. I'll probably do what you told me and then get another 20 ex or so and do one last build with something very zoom zoomish, like flicker strike and wait for the next league. Thanks for the help and for keeping this build alive, you're awesome mate. <3

you are very welcome. good luck the rest of the league and lets hope for less nerfs in 3.16 :)
I have a favor to ask some one who does not have any experience they care about losing.

I do not have my build any more to test this but I would like to see something.

Could some one take a moment, and run a few T16 maps for me but do NOT socket Fortify?

I want to get an idea of how much more squishy we are with out that defensive layer since Fortify is getting nerfed for 3.16 and might not even be useful in our build any depending on how hard they gut it.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 12, 2021, 9:30:42 PM
"
I have a favor to ask some one who does not have any experience they care about losing.

Could some one take a moment, and run a few T16 maps for me but do NOT socket Fortify?

I want to get an idea of how much more squishy we are with out that defensive layer since Fortify is getting nerfed for 3.16 and might not even be useful in our build any depending on how hard they gut it.

Edit: Opps that's the wrong map. I ran a rare T16 underground sea at lvl 83 with less armour and less chance to block mods.

Just ran this plain with no juice, no fortify and it was business as usual. Only noticeable danger was a red beast and his porcupine adds but I never got below say a third of my 6300 ES.

I'd still want fortify though and since cyclone is "melee" and close combat, I wouldn't be too worried about the nerf. Chris seemed more interested in nerfing somewhat for spellcasters etc.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Sep 12, 2021, 10:08:50 PM
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"

Edit: Opps that's the wrong map. I ran a rare T16 underground sea at lvl 83 with less armour and less chance to block mods.

Just ran this plain with no juice, no fortify and it was business as usual. Only noticeable danger was a red beast and his porcupine adds but I never got below say a third of my 6300 ES.

I'd still want fortify though and since cyclone is "melee" and close combat, I wouldn't be too worried about the nerf. Chris seemed more interested in nerfing somewhat for spellcasters etc.

Thanks for testing!

If I remembered right, he mentioned that they would like to tie the strength of fortify to the damage created for what ever Fortify is linked to. Which would kill it for spell casters who use Overlord or Shield Charge but would also hurt us since we do very little damage with Cyclone.
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Interesting. I just recently put on a few pieces and the build seems pretty nuts.

One thing is that sometimes when I pop the jars I don't spawn any spiders. I feel like the other minions kill the worms before I can hit them lol

I had same issue. I solved the problem with skill named divine ire, takes almost no mana and is easy to use. As a bonus, you can destroy jars with it, apply vulnerability to mobs from distance etc.
"
Thanks for testing!

If I remembered right, he mentioned that they would like to tie the strength of fortify to the damage created for what ever Fortify is linked to. Which would kill it for spell casters who use Overlord or Shield Charge but would also hurt us since we do very little damage with Cyclone.

No problem. I would've done a few more maps but had to go out for a bit.

So even if fortify gets nerfed for this build, hopefully the buff to defenses (whatever that looks like) will make up for it.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Hi, I have just started to play this build and got a question about the bandits.

May I ask why are we not choosing Alira when she gives +15 all resist but we spend 4 points to get +10 to all resist on tree ?

I tried to look for the answer but couldn't find, please don't yell at me am a noob :D

Cheers
Last edited by Hadrice on Sep 13, 2021, 8:24:31 PM
those +4 skill points to reach the +elemental resistance node give +block (through blue nightmare jewel) and +inc. max mana (through healthy mind jewel). they are necessary
"
minaceleste2 wrote:
those +4 skill points to reach the +elemental resistance node give +block (through blue nightmare jewel) and +inc. max mana (through healthy mind jewel). they are necessary

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info