[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Cast when stunned also doesn’t have the level restriction issue that CWDT has so you can run level 21/20 gems in it and not worry at all.
Hey man thanks for the reply, it was my bad you clearly stated it with purple ink. One question, how do i use the writting jar? and what is the purpose of it? do i use to spawn spiders from araakali fang or use to spawn HOP? Its my first time playing a summoner build and guardian.Thanks in advanc!!
"
Iamverystrong wrote:
Hey man thanks for the reply, it was my bad you clearly stated it with purple ink. One question, how do i use the writting jar? and what is the purpose of it? do i use to spawn spiders from araakali fang or use to spawn HOP? Its my first time playing a summoner build and guardian.Thanks in advanc!!

It works like this.

1) Cast desecrate twice

2) Drink the writhing flask

3) The flask will spawn two worms

4) You immediately cyclone into the worms and kill them.

5) When you kill the worms, your spiders will be raised based on the corpses on the ground from desecrate.

6) You then run along with the spiders, cycloning into packs as the spiders kill things. The spiders are aggressive. As you spin, your culling strike will kill a monster here and there. As you kill, you will refresh the spiders and raise your HOP sentinels.

If your spiders expire during mapping, just stop and raise them again with the method described above.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 3, 2021, 10:07:25 AM
"
Spoiler
"
lacalaca wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Andy how are you doing? i finally finished the 10 acts and it was a nightmare to level up(lol), i'm used to just steamroll the acts so this was just a bit tough, now i'm 68 i think i have all the core items for this build, i'm not really sure but it seems like yeah, i'm 5.1k ES with 32k armour and i'm wondering what to look for an upgrade while leveling to the 80-90s. i'll leave my pob here i haven't bought an empower yet, but i'll probably buy one before grinding the levels.

Edit: wondering which pantheon are you using?

POB: https://pastebin.com/RpiHn71Q

Hi lacalaca,

I am doing well. I hope LeagueNerf has been treating you well!

I will be happy to look through your POB and give some thoughts. You did not mention your budget so I won't mention any GG type items. If you have a large budget, let me know and I can give advice slanted towards that.

As always, these are just recommendations, you can take or leave anything I say (unless I specifically see something wrong and I will mention that)

* I use Soul of the Brine King and Gruthkul. With the obliteration of the Basalt Flask with the nerfs, I think Gruthkul is extremely important this league.

* You no longer need the two tree points going to Resolute Technique. You can deallocate those and use them elsewhere.

* As you correctly mentioned, Empower is the most important item you need. And don't worry if you can't afford a level 4 yet. Just buy the highest level you can afford. Even a level 2 will help your DPS quite a bit. When you get the Empower, you may need to de-level your clarity gem to fit in the mana but that is easy and cheap to do.

* It may have just been an over-site in the POB but you are missing one key item that the build requires to function and that is the Writhing Jar flask. It is really cheap if you don't have one, so grab one before you start mapping. You need it to raise your spiders.

* With one of the two tree points you freed up from deallocating Resolute Technique, put one of them immediately into Glancing Blows. Now that you have the shield, you want your block chance as high as possible as that is a core defensive mechanic of the build. Once you allocate Glancing blows, your attack block will already be capped and then you can work on the spell block when you have enough currency to afford the Blue Nightmare jewel (which will give you a ton of spell block chance).

* As you level, I would focus on getting and filling out the two medium cluster jewels (both the same with Cult Leaders and Disciples)

Great work getting it to this point! I too found the leveling a complete slog but once I switched, it was like all the clouds parted. You are going to love how the spiders rip through maps.

When you get to a point where you are unsure what to do next, please leave a new POB and I will look through it for you and as always ask any questions you might have and I will do what I can to answer.

Hey Andy i followed your advice, it was great did no respond right away because i wanted to play a bit first and grind some levels to answer you back. Right now the build feels awesome, doing some t16 corrupted maps and i feel almost unkillable, i've dying to some strange dot damage from beasts but that's an isolated case and i feel it might be corrupted blood since i haven't invested into it yet(think i would just pay 10c for a random jewel and put into the cluster free jewel socket).

Mapping itself it's just relax time, just press your flasks and your vaals when you need and you can even zoom zoom it. the only i don't know if it's a problems it's that my bossing dps is a little low, i killed al hezmin yesterday, he did not pose any danger even when he was A6, i just facetanked everything, he couldn't even take half my ES, defensive wise the build is dope, but it took like 4-5 minutes to kill him without going back to refill my flasks, i don't know if my bossing dps is normal or i need some upgrades? i have around 10ex to expend right now, so i'll leave my new POB HERE: https://pastebin.com/TRKjq8dv
"
lacalaca wrote:

Hey Andy i followed your advice, it was great did no respond right away because i wanted to play a bit first and grind some levels to answer you back. Right now the build feels awesome, doing some t16 corrupted maps and i feel almost unkillable, i've dying to some strange dot damage from beasts but that's an isolated case and i feel it might be corrupted blood since i haven't invested into it yet(think i would just pay 10c for a random jewel and put into the cluster free jewel socket).

Mapping itself it's just relax time, just press your flasks and your vaals when you need and you can even zoom zoom it. the only i don't know if it's a problems it's that my bossing dps is a little low, i killed al hezmin yesterday, he did not pose any danger even when he was A6, i just facetanked everything, he couldn't even take half my ES, defensive wise the build is dope, but it took like 4-5 minutes to kill him without going back to refill my flasks, i don't know if my bossing dps is normal or i need some upgrades? i have around 10ex to expend right now, so i'll leave my new POB HERE: https://pastebin.com/TRKjq8dv

hello!

You have made fantastic progress! I will leave some comments below. As always, only follow what you like or makes sense.

* Your instincts are excellent. There is a 99% chance the DOT that is killing you is corrupted blood. I was having a bad time with it myself (flasks just suck this league :( ) until I got the corrupted blood immunity and now all other DOT is so easy to handle (see next bullet point)

* There is a very important enchantment you need on your boots. You need to get "Regenerate 2% of life if you have been hit recently" Thanks to Zealots Oath, this gets applied to ES and helps slow down DOT. You can either buy this or run the uber lab. There are 15 possible enchantments for the boots so it will take on average 15 times. Could be much longer or shorter obviously. You can also buy the enchantment since it is usually available on trade with these boots.

* Your damage is fine for your current level. Yes it will be slow killing bosses but you have an enormous amount of room for growth because your gems are under leveled right now. The most important item to increase your DPS is the level of the HOP gem. You want to get a level 21 HOP gem (1 ex) and a level 4 Empower (9 ex) as your two first upgrades. In the future I can show you other ways to continue to raise the level of the HOP gem.

* As you level, you will also fill out your second cluster jewel (which is identical to the first one) and pick up plenty of DPS

* Also, don't forget that on any single target that looks hard to you, you want to swap out Melee Splash for Multistrike in your dagger. This gives your spiders more bite against single targets.

* Don't forget when calculating your POB damage, to tick off "Is Enemy Maimed". You can set this because we are maiming with Cyclone.

* With the 10ex, I would make things easy on your self. Buy the Level 21/20 HOP and an Empower 4 (you can get both for 10ex exactly right now). This will give you a huge boost to your single target DPS and then you can save up for other stuff like the Watchers Eye with Clarity mod on it.

* Another huge damage boost is the Helmet enchant to get another sentinel. That is effectively a 25% more boost in dps all by itself.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 5, 2021, 11:19:13 PM
A quick (and somewhat off topic) question:
Is anyone can tell me what is the actual range for "Minions from Supported Skills deal (20-30)% more Damage to Enemies that are Near you" on Meat Shield Support?
@Andy: What's the reason you use "Faster Attacks" over "Multistrike"?

I'm currently in the position to buy a Skin of the loyal (3r, 2b, 1g + Duration Gems implicit) for 10ex but I could save a big chunk of Exalteds when I go for (2r, 2b, 2g + Duration gems implicit).

Further I saw in Trade that you're selling a Skin of the loyal (3r, 2b, 1g + Duration Gems implicit) for 10ex. Would it be possible to sometime meet up for the deal? :-) But it depends on the answer on top and I hope you don't want me to rip off and give a false answer. :D
I'm sure you have heard this a lot before but I just want to let you know that this is the most in depth guide I have ever seen in 11 years of playing. Excellent job man I really appreciate the work you put into this. I bought most of the gear last week and I am going to start running through the acts today probably. I have work and kids so having a guide like this is very important for me, as it saves me time and lets me focus on actually playing.. thank you again.
IGN: NickCageAsGhostRider
"
Dypr4x wrote:
@Andy: What's the reason you use "Faster Attacks" over "Multistrike"?

I'm currently in the position to buy a Skin of the loyal (3r, 2b, 1g + Duration Gems implicit) for 10ex but I could save a big chunk of Exalteds when I go for (2r, 2b, 2g + Duration gems implicit).

Further I saw in Trade that you're selling a Skin of the loyal (3r, 2b, 1g + Duration Gems implicit) for 10ex. Would it be possible to sometime meet up for the deal? :-) But it depends on the answer on top and I hope you don't want me to rip off and give a false answer. :D

hello!!!

Please ping me if you are online and I will hook you up with a better deal.

*However, let me answer your first question before you bother buying since it may effect you.

1) Multistrike over Faster Attacks provides much more DPS
2) Multistrike over Faster Attacks however is much more mana hungry which makes squeezing's everything in a little trickier.

*I bought the 2r-2b-2g with duration corruption because I could afford it at the time

* Later I purchased (blindly) the 3r-2b-1g with duration corruption because I wanted a DPS upgrade (using Multistrike instead of Faster Attacks). But when I tried to put it on with Multistrike, I realize my mana was all screwed up and it was going to ripple through my entire build, so I put it back up for sale and stuck with the 2r-2b-2g version.

* So my recommendation is to simply load your own build into POB and remove the faster attacks support and replace it with Multistrike to make sure you can support the mana.

* If you can, I can hook you up with the 3r-2b-1g I have for sale for much cheaper.

let me know how you want to proceed
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
A quick (and somewhat off topic) question:
Is anyone can tell me what is the actual range for "Minions from Supported Skills deal (20-30)% more Damage to Enemies that are Near you" on Meat Shield Support?

This is not a very well defined item by GGG.

In doing some research today, the people recommended thinking of it as the size of a typical aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info