[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hey all,

thanks for keeping this build alive. :-)

I'm currently looking for ways to improve and in special my single target damage. Since I spent my last Currency on the wrong Skin of the loyal (3r, 2g, 1b and +2 to level to Duration Gems [f*** me]). I'm kind of short in currencies (count with 1ex and 200c).

Are there any ways to advance further?
- What I know is: lvl 4 Empower
- Another circle of guilt (but I think the +17% Effect for Discipline is neat)

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/zaZMtALn

Thanks!
Last edited by Dypr4x on Sep 2, 2021, 7:22:35 AM
"
I made an expensive addition to my build but I love it.

I mentioned earlier that I had one flask that was practically useless.

So I replaced it with a Bottled Faith. After experimenting with it for a while, I decided the best use of it was to craft it to be used when ever I hit a rare or unique, which improves my single target DPS and has nice QOL (since I don't do well when I have too many keys to press).

My burst DPS is now over 5.3m and it feels really good.

Here is my level 95 POB if you would like to reference it.
https://pastebin.com/prdrBfFT

If we are using feeding frenzy, should we be ticking the "Do your minions use frenzy charges?"

I'm asking because I don't know if I should hahaha
"
kraken1944 wrote:
"
I made an expensive addition to my build but I love it.

I mentioned earlier that I had one flask that was practically useless.

So I replaced it with a Bottled Faith. After experimenting with it for a while, I decided the best use of it was to craft it to be used when ever I hit a rare or unique, which improves my single target DPS and has nice QOL (since I don't do well when I have too many keys to press).

My burst DPS is now over 5.3m and it feels really good.

Here is my level 95 POB if you would like to reference it.
https://pastebin.com/prdrBfFT

If we are using feeding frenzy, should we be ticking the "Do your minions use frenzy charges?"

I'm asking because I don't know if I should hahaha

Hello.

Frenzy charges would be absolutely gold for our minions, but unfortunately, Feeding Frenzy does not give the minions frenzy charges despite its name.

So no, do not tick that box in the POB config.
"
Dypr4x wrote:
Hey all,

thanks for keeping this build alive. :-)

I'm currently looking for ways to improve and in special my single target damage. Since I spent my last Currency on the wrong Skin of the loyal (3r, 2g, 1b and +2 to level to Duration Gems [f*** me]). I'm kind of short in currencies (count with 1ex and 200c).

Are there any ways to advance further?
- What I know is: lvl 4 Empower
- Another circle of guilt (but I think the +17% Effect for Discipline is neat)

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/zaZMtALn

Thanks!

I feel your pain my friend! I recently purchased an expensive 3r-2b-1g with +2 duration because I wanted to upgrade from Faster Attacks to Multistrike but totally spaced on the fact the Multistrike is a mana hog and it was going to cause numerous issues in my build to fix so I had to put it back up for sale. :(

Let me take a peek at your POB and I will see if I have any suggestions for you in terms of single target.

* Thanks to an awesome recommendation from Ellarizz, you may have missed in recent postings, we made a very strong upgrade recently for single target burst damage. We have started to use Vaal Haste (not regular haste, just the Vaal version). It provides a large burst of DPS under our control and works fantastically. Most of us have replaced the minions that die a lot, like the golems and Holy Relic for QOL that is more under our control. If you find that your Stone Golem and or Relic are always dead when you are in difficult end game conditions, I would recommend dropping them and adding in a Vaal Haste linked to increased duration, of which Molten Shell also benefits from. You can look at my character for some ideas if you like.

* You are on the right track knowing you need to continue to raise the level of your HOP gem. Empower 4 and the corrupted armor are both important as you know. Also when the time comes, you can replace your amulet with a rare amulet that focuses on Dex and then also has +1 to all strength gems and +1 to all physical gems. This amulet will raise your HOP two more levels and provide lots of DPS.

* It is very expensive but a Bottled Faith also adds solid dps for your minions against rares and uniques.

* you may already be doing this but just in case I will mention it. Against big single target bosses, swap out Melee Splash for Multistrike in your spiders set up. This gives the spiders a lot more bite against the fatties.

* Lastly, and this is not dps related, I noticed you have plenty of mana left over. The build synergizes with having as little mana left over as possible. They way most of us control this is by using Clarity to eat up the remaining mana (we level it to the point where there is just enough mana left over to use our skills). Using Clarity also opens up the powerful Watcher's Eye mod which gives us a ton of ES.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 2, 2021, 9:28:29 AM
Hi may i know why is the POB and This page skill gem is different?
"
Iamverystrong wrote:
Hi may i know why is the POB and This page skill gem is different?

The original build guide was written a long time ago. Each league since then has seen some changes to the skill gems. The entire guide is not rewritten each league and instead the POB is just updated to allow people to see the newest changes.
Thx mate! Really appreciate your input! :-)

"

[...]

* Thanks to an awesome recommendation from Ellarizz, you may have missed in recent postings, we made a very strong upgrade recently for single target burst damage. We have started to use Vaal Haste (not regular haste, just the Vaal version). It provides a large burst of DPS under our control and works fantastically. Most of us have replaced the minions that die a lot, like the golems and Holy Relic for QOL that is more under our control. If you find that your Stone Golem and or Relic are always dead when you are in difficult end game conditions, I would recommend dropping them and adding in a Vaal Haste linked to increased duration, of which Molten Shell also benefits from. You can look at my character for some ideas if you like.

* You are on the right track knowing you need to continue to raise the level of your HOP gem. Empower 4 and the corrupted armor are both important as you know. Also when the time comes, you can replace your amulet with a rare amulet that focuses on Dex and then also has +1 to all strength gems and +1 to all physical gems. This amulet will raise your HOP two more levels and provide lots of DPS.

* It is very expensive but a Bottled Faith also adds solid dps for your minions against rares and uniques.

* you may already be doing this but just in case I will mention it. Against big single target bosses, swap out Melee Splash for Multistrike in your spiders set up. This gives the spiders a lot more bite against the fatties.

* Lastly, and this is not dps related, I noticed you have plenty of mana left over. The build synergizes with having as little mana left over as possible. They way most of us control this is by using Clarity to eat up the remaining mana (we level it to the point where there is just enough mana left over to use our skills). Using Clarity also opens up the powerful Watcher's Eye mod which gives us a ton of ES.

I threw out Stone Golem, Holy Relic (+ Support Gems). Now using Vaal Haste + Molten Shell + Increased Duration.

Unfortunately Shaper's Touch with 2r, 1g, 1b are 35ex. So a heavy no go for me. So I have now Reckoning (anomalous too expensive) + Spririt Offering + Rallying Cry + Melee Physical Damage.

Currently I'm not able to work Calrity in. I'm sitting on 336/3960 unreserved Mana.

Well, I have a Melee Physical Damage gem in my stash. But always forgot to switch gem xD. Put it in my offhand hoping to switch it on tougher bosses (Drox is one of them).

But overall, this build rescued the league for me. Very late, but it rescued it. No deaths from 91-93.
Last edited by Dypr4x on Sep 2, 2021, 2:06:28 PM
"
Dypr4x wrote:

I threw out Stone Golem, Holy Relic (+ Support Gems). Now using Vaal Haste + Molten Shell + Increased Duration.

Unfortunately Shaper's Touch with 2r, 1g, 1b are 35ex. So a heavy no go for me. So I have now Reckoning (anomalous too expensive) + Spririt Offering + Rallying Cry + Melee Physical Damage.

Currently I'm not able to work Calrity in. I'm sitting on 336/3960 unreserved Mana.

Well, I have a Melee Physical Damage gem in my stash. But always forgot to switch gem xD. Put it in my offhand hoping to switch it on tougher bosses (Drox is one of them).

But overall, this build rescued the league for me. Very late, but it rescued it. No deaths from 91-93.

hello!

* You don't need to buy specific colored Shapers Touch gloves. Buy any Shaper Touch glove with any colors and any sockets that have the Vulnerability corruption. You can then use your bench in your hide out to get the exact colors and sockets you need. The bench allows you to change corrupted items for sockets/colors (it just adds some vaal orbs to the price). If you need any help with this, let me know and I can walk you through it.

* I think you have plenty of room for Clarity from what you wrote above. Let me explain:

We only use the anomalous version of Reckoning for the Debilitate debuff. There is no other reason to use it. So for now, you can remove Reckoning from your build to free up a socket for Clarity. And even if you have the anomalous version of Reckoning, you won't need to link anything to it as it does no damage so linking with Melee Physical Damage is wasting a socket. With the free sockets, you can easily add in Clarity and still have one open for when you eventually get an anomalous Reckoning.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 2, 2021, 2:25:15 PM
"

hello!

* You don't need to buy specific colored Shapers Touch gloves. Buy any Shaper Touch glove with any colors and any sockets that have the Vulnerability corruption. You can then use your bench in your hide out to get the exact colors and sockets you need. The bench allows you to change corrupted items for sockets/colors (it just adds some vaal orbs to the price). If you need any help with this, let me know and I can walk you through it.

* I think you have plenty of room for Clarity from what you wrote above. Let me explain:

We only use the anomalous version of Reckoning for the Debilitate debuff. There is no other reason to use it. So for now, you can remove Reckoning from your build to free up a socket for Clarity. And even if you have the anomalous version of Reckoning, you won't need to link anything to it as it does no damage so linking with Melee Physical Damage is wasting a socket. With the free sockets, you can easily add in Clarity and still have one open for when you eventually get an anomalous Reckoning.

Thanks for giving live feedback! :D

Good to know that the sockets of corrupted items can bench crafted. Didn't know it yet. So I changed it to Vaal Hast + Spirit Offering + Increased Duration + Molten Shell.

On shield now: Clarity + CWDT + Summon Holy Relic. I kind of felt more squishy without the relic so I'll test it with it in again.

So I needed to put out Rallying Cry. Is it still a major/needed gem for us?

Edit: Switched Clarity with Spirit Offering. Spirit Offering is now linked with CWDT. Does it makes sense?

Sorry for in detail questions. I'm not that experienced with PoE and it is just an escape from reality :D
Last edited by Dypr4x on Sep 2, 2021, 2:55:20 PM
"
Dypr4x wrote:
"

hello!

Thanks for giving live feedback! :D

Good to know that the sockets of corrupted items can bench crafted. Didn't know it yet. So I changed it to Vaal Hast + Spirit Offering + Increased Duration + Molten Shell.

On shield now: Clarity + CWDT + Summon Holy Relic. I kind of felt more squishy without the relic so I'll test it with it in again.

So I needed to put out Rallying Cry. Is it still a major/needed gem for us?

Edit: Switched Clarity with Spirit Offering. Spirit Offering is now linked with CWDT. Does it makes sense?

Sorry for in detail questions. I'm not that experienced with PoE and it is just an escape from reality :D

you are doing great!! Keep asking any questions you have.

For better up time on Spirit Offering, I would link it to Cast When Stunned. The gem triggers when ever we get stunned OR when we block a stunning blow. Because it triggers on block of a stun, you will get a little more up time than you would with CWDT. Because we are an ES character, we will get stunned quite a bit.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 2, 2021, 3:46:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info