[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Using impale with this build I was thinking about maybe using The Impaler passive? I have a skin of lords with The Impaler on it.

Would this be a bad idea?
"
ibaass wrote:
Using impale with this build I was thinking about maybe using The Impaler passive? I have a skin of lords with The Impaler on it.

Would this be a bad idea?

hello!

I would need to see your POB to be sure but your profile is private so we can't see your character.

In general though, we, the character, do not impale. Our minions do the impaling.

As such, this node will not do anything for you one way or another.

If by some off chance you are trying to impale with Cyclone, then this node would be terrible for the build because it would then block the minions from impaling, which would kill your DPS.

So the The Impaler is either neutral or bad. I would have to see your build to be sure which one it is.
I made an expensive addition to my build but I love it.

I mentioned earlier that I had one flask that was practically useless.

So I replaced it with a Bottled Faith. After experimenting with it for a while, I decided the best use of it was to craft it to be used when ever I hit a rare or unique, which improves my single target DPS and has nice QOL (since I don't do well when I have too many keys to press).

My burst DPS is now over 5.3m and it feels really good.

Here is my level 95 POB if you would like to reference it.
https://pastebin.com/prdrBfFT
I feel like I need to replace enduring composure with something but cant decide what.
"
riniah wrote:
I feel like I need to replace enduring composure with something but cant decide what.

hello!

My recommendation is to replace Enduring Composure with a rare jewel that has the most flat ES/Mana/Int and/or Armor that you can afford. Remember to focus on flat here, as we already have a ton of "increased" from our tree.

With the 3 tree points you will free up, put them directly into Utmost Intellect.

With a decent rare jewel, you should pop your head over 8k ES.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 1, 2021, 12:44:07 PM
Hey Andy how are you doing? i finally finished the 10 acts and it was a nightmare to level up(lol), i'm used to just steamroll the acts so this was just a bit tough, now i'm 68 i think i have all the core items for this build, i'm not really sure but it seems like yeah, i'm 5.1k ES with 32k armour and i'm wondering what to look for an upgrade while leveling to the 80-90s. i'll leave my pob here i haven't bought an empower yet, but i'll probably buy one before grinding the levels.

Edit: wondering which pantheon are you using?

POB: https://pastebin.com/RpiHn71Q
Last edited by lacalaca on Sep 1, 2021, 7:48:44 PM
"
lacalaca wrote:
Hey Andy how are you doing? i finally finished the 10 acts and it was a nightmare to level up(lol), i'm used to just steamroll the acts so this was just a bit tough, now i'm 68 i think i have all the core items for this build, i'm not really sure but it seems like yeah, i'm 5.1k ES with 32k armour and i'm wondering what to look for an upgrade while leveling to the 80-90s. i'll leave my pob here i haven't bought an empower yet, but i'll probably buy one before grinding the levels.

Edit: wondering which pantheon are you using?

POB: https://pastebin.com/RpiHn71Q

Hi lacalaca,

I am doing well. I hope LeagueNerf has been treating you well!

I will be happy to look through your POB and give some thoughts. You did not mention your budget so I won't mention any GG type items. If you have a large budget, let me know and I can give advice slanted towards that.

As always, these are just recommendations, you can take or leave anything I say (unless I specifically see something wrong and I will mention that)

* I use Soul of the Brine King and Gruthkul. With the obliteration of the Basalt Flask with the nerfs, I think Gruthkul is extremely important this league.

* You no longer need the two tree points going to Resolute Technique. You can deallocate those and use them elsewhere.

* As you correctly mentioned, Empower is the most important item you need. And don't worry if you can't afford a level 4 yet. Just buy the highest level you can afford. Even a level 2 will help your DPS quite a bit. When you get the Empower, you may need to de-level your clarity gem to fit in the mana but that is easy and cheap to do.

* It may have just been an over-site in the POB but you are missing one key item that the build requires to function and that is the Writhing Jar flask. It is really cheap if you don't have one, so grab one before you start mapping. You need it to raise your spiders.

* With one of the two tree points you freed up from deallocating Resolute Technique, put one of them immediately into Glancing Blows. Now that you have the shield, you want your block chance as high as possible as that is a core defensive mechanic of the build. Once you allocate Glancing blows, your attack block will already be capped and then you can work on the spell block when you have enough currency to afford the Blue Nightmare jewel (which will give you a ton of spell block chance).

* As you level, I would focus on getting and filling out the two medium cluster jewels (both the same with Cult Leaders and Disciples)

Great work getting it to this point! I too found the leveling a complete slog but once I switched, it was like all the clouds parted. You are going to love how the spiders rip through maps.

When you get to a point where you are unsure what to do next, please leave a new POB and I will look through it for you and as always ask any questions you might have and I will do what I can to answer.

if i can remove one of the reservation cluster nodes and still have enough mana to cast should i? isn't it good to reserve as much mana as possible
"
Frauztea wrote:
if i can remove one of the reservation cluster nodes and still have enough mana to cast should i? isn't it good to reserve as much mana as possible

The build synergizes around having as little mana left over as possible (and still be able to run your skills).

So yes, remove if you can. Not only will it improve both your armor and your ES, you will have tree points you can use else where.

If you want to leave a POB, I could take a peak at it to give some advice if you want but you are on the right track with your thought process.
"
"
riniah wrote:

hello!

My recommendation is to replace Enduring Composure with a rare jewel that has the most flat ES/Mana/Int and/or Armor that you can afford. Remember to focus on flat here, as we already have a ton of "increased" from our tree.

With the 3 tree points you will free up, put them directly into Utmost Intellect.

With a decent rare jewel, you should pop your head over 8k ES.

Thanks I will give this a go

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info