[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hello, right now i have a little issue, my sentinels die a lot in the fights againt Elder/shaper guardians in maven invitations, they die very fast and my main damage is from the spiders, is there something i may be missing ??

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/78eadakt

Thanks for the time.
"
ixel wrote:
I have capped my resistance by getting Cyclopean Coil Belt with the corruption +16 all resistance and getting cold and/or lightning resistance on cluster jewel.

Nice. I either didn't know about or had totally about that corruption being possible. This has solved the problem and now I have the 6L HoP.

Went down from 6.6k to 6.3k which feels a little light, but I know I have options to figure that out.

Thanks for the tip.
"
ixel wrote:
The Cast when damage taken + Summon holy relic don't do the job at all... The Holy relic is literally never up and even if I summon it manually he die on the first group of mobs...

I asked this question earlier about whether the Holy Relic was useful or not because he was absolutely useless last league. The person who responded said he was having excellent up time with him so I just let it go.

However, if you are having a horrible time with him like we did last league, you might consider moving in a [Cast When Stunned - Flesh Offering] setup if you can fit the sockets. We get stunned a ton (because we are CI) but Cast When Stun still procs when we block the stunning blow. Flesh Offering adds some DPS to the minions.

This is just something to consider if you are having bad luck with the Holy Relic.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 15, 2021, 12:35:20 PM
"
braniels2 wrote:
Hello, right now i have a little issue, my sentinels die a lot in the fights againt Elder/shaper guardians in maven invitations, they die very fast and my main damage is from the spiders, is there something i may be missing ??

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/78eadakt

Thanks for the time.

hello there!

It took me a little while to figure out what is wrong but I think I see it.

Your HOP gem setup is causing the health of your Sentinels to be 50% of what they should be in end game. My POB has a sentinel health of 29k but yours are only 15k.

This is due to 2 reasons:

1) You are not using the Empower Gem. When you add in an Empower level 4, your sentinel health will jump to 24k

2) You do not yet have the corrupted armor which raises the level of HOP by 2. When you get that, you will pick up another 5k getting you to ~29k health for the sentinels, which should give you much better up time.

So in short, you are not doing anything wrong, you just need to grind out these items (which can be expensive sadly).

Please let me know if I was clear and good luck to you!

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 15, 2021, 12:33:53 PM
Ok i transisioned today to full build with all gear

Thinking to go for “ 80 % chance to avoid being stunned if you killed recently “ and annoint “ heart of oak “ for 100% stun imune

For resist i use potion , bismuth and im ok no problems

But later i will get t from coruption+ jewels

Im using poison version only cause every league i played impale champ so wanted something new

I changed CWDT from relic to elemental army and he survive ok , i cast it 2 times each map on yellow maps will also try minion life

First time with this build and i really like it

Lets see where i take it

Geting the gear was hell on playstation , thank god it was not my league start and was 2nd char

Thank you Andy from inside my heart, without your help and support i wouldnt make it

Wish i was on PC only to give you a present :-)
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
For the last couple of leagues, everyone who has been having problems with resists have all been using the Cyclopean Coil belt.

Most of us last league switched away from that belt and had better overall stats when using the Darkness Enthroned belt when socketing the proper jewels.

This is great idea i like it

What jewels you would advise ? Its my first CI/minion build

Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
"
For the last couple of leagues, everyone who has been having problems with resists have all been using the Cyclopean Coil belt.

Most of us last league switched away from that belt and had better overall stats when using the Darkness Enthroned belt when socketing the proper jewels.

This is great idea i like it

What jewels you would advise ? Its my first CI/minion build

You want rare jewels. Your first priority is resists. After those are settled get as much int/mana/armor/es as you can afford. Do not waste a single stat in these because of how the belt functions. Get 4 stats that help the build on both jewels.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 15, 2021, 5:26:54 PM
"
"
ixel wrote:
The Cast when damage taken + Summon holy relic don't do the job at all... The Holy relic is literally never up and even if I summon it manually he die on the first group of mobs...

I asked this question earlier about whether the Holy Relic was useful or not because he was absolutely useless last league. The person who responded said he was having excellent up time with him so I just let it go.

However, if you are having a horrible time with him like we did last league, you might consider moving in a [Cast When Stunned - Flesh Offering] setup if you can fit the sockets. We get stunned a ton (because we are CI) but Cast When Stun still procs when we block the stunning blow. Flesh Offering adds some DPS to the minions.

This is just something to consider if you are having bad luck with the Holy Relic.

Ok I have do Cast when stunned + Flesh Offering + Increased duration on the 3link shield. I was already using Flesh Offering on glove (I was casting it manually). I didnt played much with that change but that seem to work properly, the cast is often.

Would you suggest something else than Increased Duration ?
Also, if you take a look at my POB, would you suggest something on my free gem slot on glove now ?

My next upgrade that I plan are :
- Empower Level 4
- Skin of the loyal with corrupt +1 level
- Divergent HoP level 21

Do you suggest me something else before those very expensive upgrade lol

Thank you very much Andy
"
ixel wrote:

Would you suggest something else than Increased Duration ?
Also, if you take a look at my POB, would you suggest something on my free gem slot on glove now ?

My next upgrade that I plan are :
- Empower Level 4
- Skin of the loyal with corrupt +1 level
- Divergent HoP level 21

Do you suggest me something else before those very expensive upgrade lol

Thank you very much Andy

here are some comments for you.

* Note that there are two corruptions on Skin of the loyal that help the build
1) corrupt +1 level
2) corrupt +2 to Duration

If you can land both of them you are golden (one of the great builds this league by Ellarizz managed to get one with both corruptions)

* Switch your Discipline for a Vaal Discipline. The Vaal portion acts as a panic button to start your ES recharge immediately even if you are taking damage. It is cheap and a nice added QOL for defense

* I don't know if I am looking correctly but I don't see your character using Flesh Offering. I do see it using Spirit Offering. According to POB, you will get a little more total DPS (spiders plus HOP) with Flesh Offering.

* Using Increased Duration is fine to use with the Offering.

* You probably can't use any other skills right now because you have your mana pool low enough to be efficient. Stick with Portal for now.

* You may experience choppiness when using Cyclone. You currently have 38 mana unreserved. When the offering goes off, it will eat up 37 mana leaving you for a moment in time with only 1 mana, which is not enough to use Cyclone. I am unaware how this will play out in game so keep your eye on it.

Looks great! Just keep grinding for the expensive items.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 15, 2021, 10:33:16 PM
So, about our earlier discussion on resists, I realized I'm fine in regards to mana and don't need the Charisma annoint on Astramentis, so I went for Diamond Skin which is way cheaper, gives a lot of armour and 12% all res.

It's an option to keep in mind if you can work with 5% or less unreserved mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info