[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
"
Ellarizz wrote:

Thank you so much! I fully understood.

I need your help on another thing Andy if that is ok?

I have mixed a bit with my tree and would like your input. I am trying to figure out how to impliment a Blue nightmare and still have corrupted blood implicit and reduced mana reservation.

I also die sometimes of oneshots and dont know to what that is?
I mean there is still alot I am trying to understand.
I have taken away some of the dmg from the minions to get tankier but I think I might have done it worse?

hence why I always trust your judgement.

Thanks in advance.

It won't be easy or cheap since you appear to have some resists issues if you start moving around your jewels. As it is, you are not cold resist capped. One of the benefits of the shield is that we can get to 81% cold res.

Here is what I would try to tide you over until you can make more sweeping changes:

1) Buy the Blue Nightmare and put it in the tree where you have the Glyph breath

2) Move the Glyph Breath and put it in the spot where you have the small cluster jewel Carrion Solace.

3) With the two points you save from the small cluster jewel, use them to put into Cruel Preparation.

By making these changes, you keep your corrupted blood immunity, you come close to capping your Spell Block, and you lose some ES. You need decide whether that is worth it to you. I think it is but every one will have their own opinion on these things.

The Blue Nightmare gem always sells fast if you price it well so you can test this out and if you don't like it, you can sell the Blue Nightmare and go back to what you had.

As an aside, don't forget to Beast Craft 30% quality on your gear. You likely already have a few of the beasts captured. This can slowly add up for more armor and ES for you as you do it and it is free if you have the beasts already.

=====================

if you want to go the expensive route, then buy a Fortress Covenant or Blue Nightmare with corrupted blood immunity on it. This will free up some room for you to improve your rare jewels and not have to worry about getting corrupted blood immunity on them.

Andy you are the BEST! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

You can see in my POB I did exactly what you suggested yet I have 2 points that I allocated in mana and mana/life.

Do you agree with my tree now or is it something I have been missing?
I mean I still die of oneshots and clueless as I am I dont understand why. I have never had so much armour, block etc in PoE yet I am still dying of oneshots.

"
Ellarizz wrote:

Andy you are the BEST! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

You can see in my POB I did exactly what you suggested yet I have 2 points that I allocated in mana and mana/life.

Do you agree with my tree now or is it something I have been missing?
I mean I still die of oneshots and clueless as I am I dont understand why. I have never had so much armour, block etc in PoE yet I am still dying of oneshots.

I am so sorry you are still getting one shotted. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Your effective health pool is ENORMOUS.

Double check that you always have fortify up.

Are you absolutely sure you are getting one shotted and not getting swarmed? Some times 25 hits at once look like a one shot.

Also check your Molten Shell. Make sure it has good up time. If you are getting one shot, the CWDT Molten Shell may not be benefitting you. You could experiment by removing the Molten Shell link to CWDT and put it on your left mouse button.

I am sorry I can not be of more help to you. I can't figure out why you keep dying with the stats I see in POB. And I don't think it has anything to do with skill. I had very similar stats last league and I absolutely suck at the game (old man skills) and I literally never died even in the most juiced T16 ultimatums.

Maybe the flask nerf is really having an effect. Last league I always had flasks up. Now that is not possible any more. Perhaps the huge nerf to Basalt (which was the key flask against the MASSIVE hits) is the cause of your issues.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 10, 2021, 2:40:53 PM
Maybe u are rolling 'Reduced armour and block' on ur maps. It can be easily overlooked
Did they recently change the mana reservation calculation in PoB? I swear last week the newest poison PoB in the guide had only 2% unreserved mana, and now it says > 10%. A real shame, because I just spent 90c on the charisma anoint.

Also, is it better DPS-wise to have a 20% divergent level 20 HoP or a level 21 normal HoP?
Last edited by Fire309 on Aug 11, 2021, 4:02:28 PM
Hey Andy!

Since you're the reference here haha!

https://pastebin.com/KZR4ngtA

Also, could we get an updated version for the mana reservation, I know it is not your build this league but looks like you know more about this build then some others !
"
ImTerryFox wrote:
Hey Andy!

Also, could we get an updated version for the mana reservation, I know it is not your build this league but looks like you know more about this build then some others !

Hi Terry!

Here is a POB that is updated to reflect the latest mana changes for the Impale Version. This is an end game version set to level 98. If you can only get to level 95, remove the 3 points going to Redemption (those are the last 3 points to take).

https://pastebin.com/hEQYjgTD

I tried to take a peak at the POB link you provided but the mana looked incorrect when I turned on Discipline (your mana pool went negative). Can you double check your setup and make sure your POB matches what you are playing in game? I can give better advice when the POB matches your in game character.

Other than that, it looks like you just need to keep finishing off the build as things look pretty good from where you are. Here are some high level comments (use the above POB as reference when needed):

1) Get a Healthy Mind jewel and take the appropriate nodes around it (see the POB I listed above for an example tree)

2) Get a Watcher's Eye with the Clarity/ES mod on it.

3) You are missing a bunch of DPS due to having the wrong mods on your rings. Check the rings in my POB to see the damage mod you need for this build.

4) Your spell block is not yet capped. If you want to cap it you need the Blue Nightmare gem.

If you want to provide a new POB (or let me know what I am doing wrong that I see negative mana when I enable your discipline), go ahead and post it and I will take a look in case there is something else I can recommend.

If you have any questions on the POB I linked, let me know.

Good luck to you!!
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 11, 2021, 8:18:25 PM
"
"
ImTerryFox wrote:
Hey Andy!

Hi Terry!

Here is a POB that is updated to reflect the latest mana changes for the Impale Version. This is an end game version set to level 98. If you can only get to level 95, remove the 3 points going to Redemption (those are the last 3 points to take).

https://pastebin.com/hEQYjgTD

I tried to take a peak at the POB link you provided but the mana looked incorrect when I turned on Discipline (your mana pool went negative). Can you double check your setup and make sure your POB matches what you are playing in game? I can give better advice when the POB matches your in game character.

Other than that, it looks like you just need to keep finishing off the build as things look pretty good from where you are. Here are some high level comments (use the above POB as reference when needed):

1) Get a Healthy Mind jewel and take the appropriate nodes around it (see the POB I listed above for an example tree)

2) Get a Watcher's Eye with the Clarity/ES mod on it.

3) You are missing a bunch of DPS due to having the wrong mods on your rings. Check the rings in my POB to see the damage mod you need for this build.

4) Your spell block is not yet capped. If you want to cap it you need the Blue Nightmare gem.

If you want to provide a new POB (or let me know what I am doing wrong that I see negative mana when I enable your discipline), go ahead and post it and I will take a look in case there is something else I can recommend.

If you have any questions on the POB I linked, let me know.

Good luck to you!!

You can always check directly from my profile, it is set to public I think.

But how can I run all my auras without Enlighten ??
Last edited by ImTerryFox on Aug 11, 2021, 10:06:32 PM
"
ImTerryFox wrote:

I did as you requested and the mana looks correct now.

The only other item I can mention is don't forget to anoint your amulet when you get a chance. That will either save you some tree points (if you use Charisma) or you can choose any notable that you like to help your build.
"
"
ImTerryFox wrote:

I did as you requested and the mana looks correct now.

The only other item I can mention is don't forget to anoint your amulet when you get a chance. That will either save you some tree points (if you use Charisma) or you can choose any notable that you like to help your build.

Appreciated !

"
ImTerryFox wrote:

Appreciated !

In my POB I am running the following mana reserve skills:

HOP, Discipline, Determination, Dread Banner, Clarity, and Vitality.

My mana reserve comes from the following sources:

Enlighten Level 4, Helmet Enchant, Uncompromising, Self Control, Reduced Res on Influenced Cluster, Charisma on amulet, and both rings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info