[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
"
Ellarizz wrote:
Andy your feedback is essential to me :)

I learn so much from our discussions.

Have a look att my skills, gear, tree and tell me if there is anything you would change.

Hello! This looks fabulous. Here are some minor comments

* Since you are using Predator in HOP I would recommend adding it to the Spiders set up in place of minion damage. It helps with both minion control and damage. Just spam the hell out of Predator when mapping. If and when you need more single target damage against a big boss, replace melee splash with Melee Physical Damage. Get an Anomalous version of Predator for the Spiders and only use that versions Signal Prey to spam.

* your spell block chance is still very low. I assume you may be saving up for the Blue Nightmare. I would make that a priority.

* How is your up time for Holy Relic? Last league it was absolutely useless so we removed it from the build. If it has good up time, keep it because the feeding frenzy is so strong. If you find it is down far more than up in hard content, consider switching to a Cast When Stunned Flesh Offering setup. I had fantastic up time on that setup in Ultimatums last league but it may not be as useful in expeditions.

I love the feedback and suggestions from you. You are so nice and so spot on!

I just bought a lvl 1 predator for the spiders aswell and will swap it with minion dmg as soon as it is att around lvl 15+

I have a question about the spellblock, I have been neglecting it a bit but since you wrote it here it must be important? (Blue nightmare will be my next thing I guess)

The holy relic is up almost all the time due to the gem being 18 (anomalous) and my char spamming it up everytime he takes dmg.

(I was thinking about going for Auls Uprising where Pride has no mana reserv, what do you think about that?)
"
Ellarizz wrote:

I have a question about the spellblock, I have been neglecting it a bit but since you wrote it here it must be important? (Blue nightmare will be my next thing I guess)

(I was thinking about going for Auls Uprising where Pride has no mana reserv, what do you think about that?)

*The build's core defense is based on recovery on block. If we don't block we don't recover as well as we want to, in which case DOT can be a real big issue. So the more we block, the stronger overall we are. As such capping spell block is just as important as capping attack block.

* If you want to use Pride with Aul's, you will need the strength version. Which means you lose a ton of int (which fuels the build in numerous ways) and you will also struggle to get your dexterity requirements I fear.

You will lose a lot of ES, you will have to drop Flesh Offering to fit Pride in your sockets, and you will have to find extra dex some where. You then need to decide if the damage upgrade is worth it. I don't think I would recommend it but you should take some time in POB and see what effects it has on your build that I might be missing.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 7, 2021, 5:38:19 PM
Can anyone explain to me how these people fit all of their skills in HOP?

I had to have 3 Gems with implicit reduced mana reservation in order to fit all of them.

Se example:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/begemote/%E3%86%8DCapybara%E3%86%8D?i=0&search=class%3DGuardian%26item%3DAegis-Aurora%2CMemory-Vault%2CHealthy-Mind%2CRainbowstride%2CSkin-of-the-Loyal%2CThe-Writhing-Jar%2CArakaalis-Fang%2CAstramentis%2CShapers-Touch%2CFortress-Covenant%2CCircle-of-Guilt%2CDarkness-Enthroned

Nr2:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Direprospect/Marshall_Of_Domination?i=3&search=class%3DGuardian%26item%3DAegis-Aurora%2CMemory-Vault%2CHealthy-Mind%2CRainbowstride%2CSkin-of-the-Loyal%2CThe-Writhing-Jar%2CArakaalis-Fang%2CAstramentis%2CShapers-Touch%2CFortress-Covenant%2CCircle-of-Guilt%2CDarkness-Enthroned

Nr3:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/HanDanGongYe/Bakso_Ayam_XV_ii?i=6&search=class%3DGuardian%26item%3DAegis-Aurora%2CMemory-Vault%2CHealthy-Mind%2CRainbowstride%2CSkin-of-the-Loyal%2CThe-Writhing-Jar%2CArakaalis-Fang%2CAstramentis%2CShapers-Touch%2CFortress-Covenant%2CCircle-of-Guilt%2CDarkness-Enthroned

And so on. Is it something I am missing. Compared to these guys I have filled all my gems slots with either corrupted blood can not be inflicted on you (1jewel) and 3 other jewels with reduced mana reservation in order to use all skills for HOP and be able to use dread banner, Determination and Discipline.

"
Ellarizz wrote:

I wish I could help you but until POB gets updated, it is very difficult to see how the mana reservations are being used.

I am unsure if something is wrong in the POB world but it had not been updated for 12 days which is very very rare given the recent changes that need to be rolled in.

The problem is we don't know exactly which auras they are using when playing. Until I can see they all fit when used in POB, it is hard for me to give any advice.

Hopefully POB will be updated in the near future and many of these questions can be answered..
im at level 92 now.. but always died to bleeding even i have staunching flask with "use when you start bleeding" mod on it.. help!!!
IGN ; DENTAGRAM
thanks to http://poe.xyz.is/
https://cldly.com/pathofexile/procument/acquisition/poexyz
Hey, cool guide and what looks like a fun build.

I'm having some trouble getting this going. I've never played a CI build before and I'm struggling starting up maps.

Obviously I have no gear what so ever but it's usually not this hard to do the first maps, is this because of the added difficulty this league or just me sucking? :P

I'm running meat shield on zombies, hop, det etc. and I usually spin into mob packs and just get one shotted.

Any thoughts and help would be appriciated :)
"
sunefication wrote:
Hey, cool guide and what looks like a fun build.

I'm having some trouble getting this going. I've never played a CI build before and I'm struggling starting up maps.

Obviously I have no gear what so ever but it's usually not this hard to do the first maps, is this because of the added difficulty this league or just me sucking? :P

I'm running meat shield on zombies, hop, det etc. and I usually spin into mob packs and just get one shotted.

Any thoughts and help would be appriciated :)

Hi there,

It is hard to give too much advice here because you don't have even a single item that the build requires outside of the boots. This is not a build that functions well with out the core items.

My recommendation would be to target getting the shield first if you are dying and then swapping into CI at that time. Then save up for the dagger, at which point the spiders will carry you through maps as you slowly upgrade everything else. Once you swap to CI, get rid of your life flasks and add in some defensive flasks.

I would de-allocate glancing blows until you get the shield. You have no recovery on block yet with out the shield and as such glancing blows is likely nuking you when you cyclone into packs.

In the meantime, use your crafting bench to get some cheap stats on your gear (make sure every piece of gear has as many stats as you can fit). Focus on grabbing some lightning resistance first as you are under capped there. You will also have to significantly increase your armor as your shield block recovery will depend on it.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 8, 2021, 10:10:45 AM
"
Ellarizz wrote:

I had to have 3 Gems with implicit reduced mana reservation in order to fit all of them.

Se example:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/begemote/%E3%86%8DCapybara%E3%86%8D?i=0&search=class%3DGuardian%26item%3DAegis-Aurora%2CMemory-Vault%2CHealthy-Mind%2CRainbowstride%2CSkin-of-the-Loyal%2CThe-Writhing-Jar%2CArakaalis-Fang%2CAstramentis%2CShapers-Touch%2CFortress-Covenant%2CCircle-of-Guilt%2CDarkness-Enthroned

Nr2:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Direprospect/Marshall_Of_Domination?i=3&search=class%3DGuardian%26item%3DAegis-Aurora%2CMemory-Vault%2CHealthy-Mind%2CRainbowstride%2CSkin-of-the-Loyal%2CThe-Writhing-Jar%2CArakaalis-Fang%2CAstramentis%2CShapers-Touch%2CFortress-Covenant%2CCircle-of-Guilt%2CDarkness-Enthroned

Nr3:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/HanDanGongYe/Bakso_Ayam_XV_ii?i=6&search=class%3DGuardian%26item%3DAegis-Aurora%2CMemory-Vault%2CHealthy-Mind%2CRainbowstride%2CSkin-of-the-Loyal%2CThe-Writhing-Jar%2CArakaalis-Fang%2CAstramentis%2CShapers-Touch%2CFortress-Covenant%2CCircle-of-Guilt%2CDarkness-Enthroned

And so on. Is it something I am missing. Compared to these guys I have filled all my gems slots with either corrupted blood can not be inflicted on you (1jewel) and 3 other jewels with reduced mana reservation in order to use all skills for HOP and be able to use dread banner, Determination and Discipline.

ok POB has been updated so I can look at these for you.

*In your first example you listed, the build is not using Dread Banner, which is how he fits in the mana. Instead of using Dread Banner, he uses Rotten Claws for Impale chance. But his Impale chance is much worse than yours.

*In the second build you listed, he paths to Discord Artisan, which you don't use in your build. The way you did it is much better because you have all those tree points you can use else where.

*In the 3rd build, he uses an Enlighten Level 3 to reduce the reservation cost of discipline, dread banner and determination. Again, the way you accomplished it was better.

So in all 3 of these examples, I believe your build is better.

I hope my explanations helped. It is nice that POB finally has the right numbers so things make more sense :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 9, 2021, 12:16:14 AM
Weird thing... Did you guys meet unkillable (literally) mob packs? Ocassionally I meet some random pack at Expedition maps that I deal some damage first and then stop doing anything to them. I have so many damage sources (physical, poison, almost every elemental damage from items) that something should cause some damage (at least minimal). Most of those monsters don't have any immunities/resistances. It can be some runic minion with elemental resistances but I also met just an undead (with no defensive modifiers) that I couldn't kill. They are downed to 30-60% HP and then I can't hurt them anymore. It's like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVyBKyVYuk
Any ideas?
"
Jack0o wrote:
Weird thing... Did you guys meet unkillable (literally) mob packs? Ocassionally I meet some random pack at Expedition maps that I deal some damage first and then stop doing anything to them. I have so many damage sources (physical, poison, almost every elemental damage from items) that something should cause some damage (at least minimal). Most of those monsters don't have any immunities/resistances. It can be some runic minion with elemental resistances but I also met just an undead (with no defensive modifiers) that I couldn't kill. They are downed to 30-60% HP and then I can't hurt them anymore. It's like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVyBKyVYuk
Any ideas?

That is very interesting.

Note that the ones that won't die are still taking damage but it is extremely small and slow.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 9, 2021, 2:37:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info