[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Fire309 wrote:
After looking at the two PoBs and equalizing the gear a bit, it seems like both versions have pretty equal dps. The specific PoB for the impale version placed more emphasis on dps in the cluster jewel notables, but couldn't both versions just run the same cluster jewels (plus perhaps another reduced reservation notable for Discipline/Determination for the impale version)?

If that's the case, why go to the trouble of the impale version? Is the dps marginally better or more consistent?

Also, is the skill tree in the impale version PoB more optimal than the one in the original guide? I see that it takes Arcane Guarding and skips Discord Artisan, while also forgoing Holy Dominion in the Templar area.

Lastly, does the poison version get an extra potential sentinel because the impale version needs to run a HoP reduced mana reserved helm enchant?

* Last league Impale had significantly higher damage than the bleed version. After the nerfs to Impale and the buff to poison, the original build was changed from bleed to poison and the Impale version was modified to deal with the mana changes in 3.15. Once these changes came in, the damage became more equal between the two versions which is why everyone should just choose which ever version they like, there is no real difference.

* The Impale tree is slightly different than the Poison tree because the mana requirements are different between the two versions. The Impale version employs a different helmet enchant than the poison build does and that drives the main difference between the two.

* The Poison version has lower DPS per Sentinel but uses 1 extra sentinel so the total damage is fairly equivalent to the Impale version.

* I am unsure about the cluster question. I know the Impale version well from last league. You would have to play with the Poison version in POB and see if you can fit in the mana and skill points and then do a direct comparison. My guess is though that it won't work because of the specific helmet enchant in the Impale version but I don't know for sure.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 4, 2021, 10:04:47 PM
I guess you take time of need for the 80% reduce curse effect! So 30% of life regeneration over 4 second became useless since we have 1 life
"
Fire309 wrote:
After looking at the two PoBs and equalizing the gear a bit, it seems like both versions have pretty equal dps. The specific PoB for the impale version placed more emphasis on dps in the cluster jewel notables, but couldn't both versions just run the same cluster jewels (plus perhaps another reduced reservation notable for Discipline/Determination for the impale version)?

If that's the case, why go to the trouble of the impale version? Is the dps marginally better or more consistent?

Also, is the skill tree in the impale version PoB more optimal than the one in the original guide? I see that it takes Arcane Guarding and skips Discord Artisan, while also forgoing Holy Dominion in the Templar area.

Lastly, does the poison version get an extra potential sentinel because the impale version needs to run a HoP reduced mana reserved helm enchant?

You have very valid points. I did a little mix between them in the beginning could not decide to be fully honest If I wanted to go with poison or Impale. I am still a little bit of a mix with having the helmet enchant with +1 sentinel instead of having -30 herald reservation. You can see my profile and the struggle to keep mana on the green side. I have fixed the issue and it is working great for me but dang it was more expensive where you can see I have 3 gems with the implicit reduced reservation of skills.

I am happy with the build so far and the last item I need is an empower lvl 4 then you could honestly say that the build is min/maxed to the ultimate.

As I wrote you can check the build if that interest you in having a slightly more dps and even be able to impliment +1 Sentinel with the Impale version.

"
Ik1lLYa wrote:
So 30% of life regeneration over 4 second became useless since we have 1 life

Life regeneration is not useless to this build. In fact having life regeneration on this build is critical to protect us against our great enemy which is Damage Over Time.

We take the keystone Zealot's Oath, which converts all of our life regeneration into ES regeneration.
"
"
Ik1lLYa wrote:
So 30% of life regeneration over 4 second became useless since we have 1 life

Life regeneration is not useless to this build. In fact having life regeneration on this build is critical to protect us against our great enemy which is Damage Over Time.

We take the keystone Zealot's Oath, which converts all of our life regeneration into ES regeneration.

Yeah that make sence thx for the answer
Hi,

Is the annointment Charisma is still the best one to get in the poison version ?

With the updates that have reduce the mana multiplier, I dont think we need more mana reduction ? Or should we still take that annointment and take an additionnal aura ?

Any thoughts ?

Thank you!
What else can I use before getting empower 4lvl?
Last edited by Inferius90 on Aug 6, 2021, 3:09:36 PM
"
Inferius90 wrote:
What else can I use before getting empower 4lvl?

Empower Level 3.
Andy your feedback is essential to me :)

I learn so much from our discussions.

Have a look att my skills, gear, tree and tell me if there is anything you would change.

"
Ellarizz wrote:
Andy your feedback is essential to me :)

I learn so much from our discussions.

Have a look att my skills, gear, tree and tell me if there is anything you would change.

Hello! This looks fabulous. Here are some minor comments

* Since you are using Predator in HOP I would recommend adding it to the Spiders set up in place of minion damage. It helps with both minion control and damage. Just spam the hell out of Predator when mapping. If and when you need more single target damage against a big boss, replace melee splash with Melee Physical Damage. Get an Anomalous version of Predator for the Spiders and only use that versions Signal Prey to spam.

* your spell block chance is still very low. I assume you may be saving up for the Blue Nightmare. I would make that a priority.

* How is your up time for Holy Relic? Last league it was absolutely useless so we removed it from the build. If it has good up time, keep it because the feeding frenzy is so strong. If you find it is down far more than up in hard content, consider switching to a Cast When Stunned Flesh Offering setup. I had fantastic up time on that setup in Ultimatums last league but it may not be as useful in expeditions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info