[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hi,

I am trying this build as league starter, got few questions about it so far :

1) On the PoB, there is 4 gems on the weapon... which one's should be used ? Does it better to swap them for mapping/bossing ?

2) There is two Predator gem for both spiders and HoP, do we need to cast both predator skills to apply it for both minions or only one will do the work for both ?

3) On the PoB, the Empower gem is Anomalous... is this an error and should be default quality ?

Thank you!
Playing the build this league and honestly it's really really good, however, I am lacking DPS in juiced red maps, survivability is not a problem at all.

My PoB anyone any recommendations how to boost DPS? I am not too sure about my gems or if the poison version might be more DPS?

https://pastebin.com/pquJ1eqz

Thanks, greatly appreciated.
Hello friends could you help me to see how to improve my build I see that yours has more than 60k armor and 7.5k energy shield however I am with 5.7k and 40k armor (without flask) I leave my pob

https://pastebin.com/MEneUhKs

Amazing build BTW i love it.

Thanks and regards
"
Prov1eh wrote:
Playing the build this league and honestly it's really really good, however, I am lacking DPS in juiced red maps, survivability is not a problem at all.

My PoB anyone any recommendations how to boost DPS? I am not too sure about my gems or if the poison version might be more DPS?

Hello,

Here are some comments for you.

1) The build does not require 2 writhing jars. I recommend replacing one of those with another flask of your choice

2) it looks like you may be using the old bleed version of the build. You should be using either the poison version https://pastebin.com/7QWvHaqD or Impale version https://pastebin.com/epJAbTCE for this league

3) Scaling damage in this build is difficult since we have limited choices. The most important scaling we have is to increase the level of the HOP gem. You can get a level 21 HOP, you can get an Empower 4, you can get a corrupted Skin of the Loyal that has +2 to Duration skill gems. These changes can raise your current level 22 HOP all the way up to level 28. Then you can also get an amulet that increases the HOP level, but that is usually very late end game.
"
Pitopito wrote:
Hello friends could you help me to see how to improve my build I see that yours has more than 60k armor and 7.5k energy shield however I am with 5.7k and 40k armor (without flask) I leave my pob

https://pastebin.com/MEneUhKs

Amazing build BTW i love it.

Thanks and regards

If you want to improve your ES, you should replace Energized Armor with a rare jewel that has as much flat ES, Mana, Int and Armor as you can afford. You want to do the same thing in any empty jewel socket you have. You won't need Energized Armor in the build, especially if you intend to use Enduring Composure.

You also have to allocate Cruel Preparation to get the most out of your Healthy Mind jewel.

Also, when you come out of the Inquisitor start, you want to grab the ES/Armor nodes, not the strength nodes.

All these changes will add up for you. I got to 8.9k ES last league and that was not super expensive either.
"
ixel wrote:
Hi,

I am trying this build as league starter, got few questions about it so far :

1) On the PoB, there is 4 gems on the weapon... which one's should be used ? Does it better to swap them for mapping/bossing ?

2) There is two Predator gem for both spiders and HoP, do we need to cast both predator skills to apply it for both minions or only one will do the work for both ?

3) On the PoB, the Empower gem is Anomalous... is this an error and should be default quality ?

Thank you!

1) For mapping use Melee Splash. Once you get to the final build, you should only have to change this out for Melee Physical Damage for the really tough end game bosses. But obviously feel free to change as you need.

2) No you don't need to cast both. That is the beauty of the Predator gem. You only have to cast one of them and then it effects any skill in the build linked to another Predator gem.

3) It doesn't really matter which one we use, neither effect the end game build. Just buy the cheapest level 4 you can at end game. If you are trying to level the gem yourself then you want the default version.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 3, 2021, 4:04:36 PM
Andy check out my build now :)

I have squeezed as much as I can into dps and next thing is going for +2 Duration on my Skin.

any recommendations besides that?

I would love some more deeps but on the other hand dont want that to be of the cost of the def. Since this build is so defensive its kinda a shame to go all offense and still not be able to compete with the high end offensive builds and on top of that be squishier.

(A thought I am having is how about we replace the HOP with Skeletons?) I am trying to impliment the same core mechanic (defense, gear) yet having more sustainable minions like skeletons and the opportunity to summon minions whenever one wants to.

Will try to perfect my theory in POB. (Just a theory).
I like AndyLovesHisBGE's build for endgame setup. I think it's the best. Vatinas build is the best for early game setup.
"
"
Prov1eh wrote:

Hello,

Here are some comments for you.

1) The build does not require 2 writhing jars. I recommend replacing one of those with another flask of your choice

2) it looks like you may be using the old bleed version of the build. You should be using either the poison version https://pastebin.com/7QWvHaqD or Impale version https://pastebin.com/epJAbTCE for this league

3) Scaling damage in this build is difficult since we have limited choices. The most important scaling we have is to increase the level of the HOP gem. You can get a level 21 HOP, you can get an Empower 4, you can get a corrupted Skin of the Loyal that has +2 to Duration skill gems. These changes can raise your current level 22 HOP all the way up to level 28. Then you can also get an amulet that increases the HOP level, but that is usually very late end game.

Thank you very much, really appreciate you taking the time to help all the people out in here, I'm gonna try the poison version and work on increasing my HOP gem level, empower lvl 4 is so expensive this league though, gonna report back. :)
Last edited by Prov1eh on Aug 4, 2021, 7:46:21 AM
"
Ellarizz wrote:
Andy check out my build now :)

I have squeezed as much as I can into dps and next thing is going for +2 Duration on my Skin.

any recommendations besides that?

I would love some more deeps but on the other hand dont want that to be of the cost of the def. Since this build is so defensive its kinda a shame to go all offense and still not be able to compete with the high end offensive builds and on top of that be squishier.

(A thought I am having is how about we replace the HOP with Skeletons?) I am trying to impliment the same core mechanic (defense, gear) yet having more sustainable minions like skeletons and the opportunity to summon minions whenever one wants to.

Will try to perfect my theory in POB. (Just a theory).

Hello!

Here are some comments

1) I noticed you have two freezing flasks. I think that is overkill. I would replace one of them Of Heat with an of Iron Skin.

2) You have overinvested in armor imo. You may want to consider replacing Energized Armor with a rare jewel that has as much mana, int, ES and armor as you can afford. It will have a much bigger effect on all parts of your build.

3) you can raise your dps quite a bit with a different HOP support setup. As you upgrade, try replacing Ruthless and Melee Phys with Predator and Empower (level 4). Raising HOP's level is paramount in scaling DPS and Empower does that for you. Predator will allow you to remove convocation as well. Add in a predator to your spiders and you will be good to go. See the pob I have posted for the full setup. I realize this may cause you to get a new chest but you will have to anyways when you upgrade for the corrupted version.

4) Just a note about skeletons. This build is structured around not having to invest in minion life/survivability. The sentinels are naturally chunky and the spiders can't be damaged. If you want to switch to a different minion group, you will need a new tree/investment into life or the Skeletons won't stay alive long enough to do any damage. I also don't think skele's will work with cyclone. We use cyclone to always be moving and keeping fortify up. Instead of cycloning, you would be self casting skele's constantly.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 4, 2021, 7:55:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info