[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Ellarizz wrote:
any suggestions for me? I feel like I have low dps even though compared to all other on the ladder (poe ninja) who is rocking this build I am on top. I mean I have everything I set out to get but still feel like the deeps is low somehow, maybe I am comparing to SO spectres?

Have a look and let me know what next step is for me

Much appreciated!

Hello!

I downloaded your character into POB but since you don't have your mana reservation worked out, I doubt know which auras you are turning on as you can't support all of the ones you have socketed.

If you could create a POB for me that has your exact set up, I could maybe give you better advice.

That being said, here are some general comments that you can consider.

1) The build does not require two writhing jars. Replace one of them with a defensive flask of your choice

2) you seem to be using the Impale version but have not employed the large cluster jewel recommended for the Impale version. The large cluster provides a lot of DPS to the impale version. Make sure you don't use Rotten Claws as it is not needed for 3.15.

3) You are missing the Fortress Covenant jewel which provides nice DPS

Here is a sample of an end game version of the tree. You will see this is much different from your tree but if you want to use the Impale version, you should follow this tree. You will get more DPS, more ES and more shield block with this tree.

https://pastebin.com/epJAbTCE
Hello there.
I've been playing this build as a league starter and while it has been rough to get it going it does perform quite nicely now. Only downside is the comparedly slow boss kills.

Onwards to my question: I've basically followed the tree on Page 1 to the dot but for some odd reason PoB has been bugging out these last couple days. Once it said that I had -12% mana reserved with discipline and I've seen OP commenting on that already. This was fixed for me after reimporting into a completely new sheet. BUT now I have another problem.
The Numbers still dont add up.

https://pastebin.com/kAy8qmBv

this Tree says I have 1% mana remaining (28 in Numbers) and 7010 ES. Ingame I have 849 Mana unreserved and 6621 ES.

In your FAQ you say:

* You have all the mana reservation nodes that I have
- got all the nodes on the tree and Charisma
* Your rings have as much reduced herald reservation as mine (including catalysts!)
- 20 and 18 and your PoB Rings dont have quality on them (They do however have 1% more total reservation reduction which makes even less sense to me). Which one should be used?
* There are no "accidental" support gems on Discipline
- nope
* You linked an Enlighten to your auras if the current version of the build uses one
- PoB doesnt have enlighten or even room for it
* You have the exact same support gems on HoP as I do, as the mana multiplier of the support gems changes the mana reservation.
- I do (well not awakened gems but the mana multiplier is the same)

What would be the best course of action now... I can't even PoB options because the PoB isnt correct. Should I just divine my rings for a worse reservation roll?

edit:
I've double checked unter the reservation tab and as expected the difference between our PoBs reservationwise is that 1% less reduced you have on your ring. So This doesnt translate to ingame. Something is off with the reservation calculation in PoB.

edit2:
I slapped on War banner just to see if I'd have the mana and I still have 444 Mana left. So if we could figure out which socket to replace we could get that new banner going.

edit3: "Fixed" the issue by unallocating "uncompromising" on one of the clusters
Last edited by arkan1et on Aug 1, 2021, 6:23:17 AM
"
"
Ellarizz wrote:
any suggestions for me? I feel like I have low dps even though compared to all other on the ladder (poe ninja) who is rocking this build I am on top. I mean I have everything I set out to get but still feel like the deeps is low somehow, maybe I am comparing to SO spectres?

Have a look and let me know what next step is for me

Much appreciated!

Hello!

I downloaded your character into POB but since you don't have your mana reservation worked out, I doubt know which auras you are turning on as you can't support all of the ones you have socketed.

If you could create a POB for me that has your exact set up, I could maybe give you better advice.

That being said, here are some general comments that you can consider.

1) The build does not require two writhing jars. Replace one of them with a defensive flask of your choice

2) you seem to be using the Impale version but have not employed the large cluster jewel recommended for the Impale version. The large cluster provides a lot of DPS to the impale version. Make sure you don't use Rotten Claws as it is not needed for 3.15.

3) You are missing the Fortress Covenant jewel which provides nice DPS

Here is a sample of an end game version of the tree. You will see this is much different from your tree but if you want to use the Impale version, you should follow this tree. You will get more DPS, more ES and more shield block with this tree.

https://pastebin.com/epJAbTCE

Thank you Andy.

The thing is you can check my char on poe ninja and its the same there with -mana reservation but I can still use all the skills. Discipline, Determination, Dread Banner and Herald of purity.

1) I will see to that!

2) So here is my thing. I dont need to run the Impale version. I can switch to poison version but switiching to that in PoB is much less dmg. What it shows anyhow, dont know if there is something you need to do in POB for that to show correct.

3) I have fortress Covenant. I think you missed it. It is slotted in the other medium cluster where determination and discipline has reduced mana reserved.

Besides even implinting the large cluster jewel in my PoB there is not that huge of a difference with my current level 93.

Dont know how to explain but I would love if you could explain to me what to do next and I will try to do that even though when I play around with my PoB and add a large cluster jewel it does not add so much dps.

Last edited by Ellarizz on Aug 1, 2021, 10:18:06 AM
I am still trying to confirm this but I think the problem many of us are having with POB and the mana reservation is that GGG recently patched the game and lowered many of the support gems mana reservation numbers but I don't think POB has been updated yet to reflect the new lower numbers.
"
Ellarizz wrote:

The thing is you can check my char on poe ninja and its the same there with -mana reservation but I can still use all the skills. Discipline, Determination, Dread Banner and Herald of purity.

1) I will see to that!

2) So here is my thing. I dont need to run the Impale version. I can switch to poison version but switiching to that in PoB is much less dmg. What it shows anyhow, dont know if there is something you need to do in POB for that to show correct.

3) I have fortress Covenant. I think you missed it. It is slotted in the other medium cluster where determination and discipline has reduced mana reserved.

Besides even implinting the large cluster jewel in my PoB there is not that huge of a difference with my current level 93.

Dont know how to explain but I would love if you could explain to me what to do next and I will try to do that even though when I play around with my PoB and add a large cluster jewel it does not add so much dps.

Hi!

See my previous post about the mana reservation issue in POB. I think that is throwing us all off right now.

2) If you want to run the poison version, to get an accurate DPS count in POB, go to the config window, and make sure number of poisons on enemy is 10 (the spiders will do this easily for you). Use this POB is you want to follow the poison build: https://pastebin.com/7QWvHaqD and look at the configuration settings.

3) hmm I did miss that, I apologize as I was looking at the place it is recommended to be put in the tree and did not think to look else where.

But I am confused as to how Fortress Covenant is going to work in that medium cluster. Reading the last line of the Fortress Covenant jewel would lead me to believe it may screw up the notables in your medium cluster. The reason we place it in the tree where you have the Conquers Efficiency is that there are no notables we can screw up with the Fortress Covenant jewel. It may not make any difference because I am unsure if "radius" means anything in a cluster jewel, but just to be sure, I would swap those two jewels locations.

I apologize for not having more information for you on the DPS question. IMO, you should pick one version of the build (Impale or Poison) and then match the POB setups as close as you can. Note though that even once complete, the build is not a DPS machine. A decent end game build of either version will get your around 3m DPS.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 1, 2021, 10:48:34 AM
"
"
Ellarizz wrote:

1) I will see to that!

Hi!

See my previous post about the mana reservation issue in POB. I think that is throwing us all off right now.

2) If you want to run the poison version, to get an accurate DPS count in POB, go to the config window, and make sure number of poisons on enemy is 10 (the spiders will do this easily for you). Use this POB is you want to follow the poison build: https://pastebin.com/7QWvHaqD and look at the configuration settings.

3) hmm I did miss that, I apologize as I was looking at the place it is recommended to be put in the tree and did not think to look else where.

But I am confused as to how Fortress Covenant is going to work in that medium cluster. Reading the last line of the Fortress Covenant jewel would lead me to believe it may screw up the notables in your medium cluster. The reason we place it in the tree where you have the Conquers Efficiency is that there are no notables we can screw up with the Fortress Covenant jewel. It may not make any difference because I am unsure if "radius" means anything in a cluster jewel, but just to be sure, I would swap those two jewels locations.

I apologize for not having more information for you on the DPS question. IMO, you should pick one version of the build (Impale or Poison) and then match the POB setups as close as you can. Note though that even once complete, the build is not a DPS machine. A decent end game build of either version will get your around 3m DPS.

Thank you again Andy you have helped me more than you know it :)

The thing is I can free 3 points of Herald reservation skills (Discord Artisian) If I buy a second ring (Circle of Guilt with reduced mana reservation) and then transition into Ravenous Horde like the Impale version. That will save me some points and would be possible for me. This would increase my dps a bit and would also allow me to transition into a large cluster jewel when I am lvl 95 without me neglecting my defenses.

I ran the simulation in PoB and the Impale version is still a "little bit" stronger then the Poison version so I am going to stick with the Impale.

Thank you.
"
Ellarizz wrote:

I ran the simulation in PoB and the Impale version is still a "little bit" stronger then the Poison version so I am going to stick with the Impale.

That is what I have seen as well. It is not a big difference as you said, unlike last league where the difference was HUGE. Impale got nerfed so hard this league it brought it back in line.

Let me know what notable you end up using to replace Rotten Claws in the large cluster. Renewel has looked interesting to me but there may be something better.
ok I have confirmed that POB has not been updated yet so every one be aware that the mana reserve numbers are going to look off when comparing POB to your in game experience.

Hopefully in the next POB update, the mana changes will be added.
Zombies dies really fast, I've just finished my 10act and started mapping, but it's really hard to keep zombies alive during fights (they are 18 lvl now with minions health support). So the question is it real to make them stronger or to raise them faster during fights?
so are we going to use vile toxin and a 3r 2b 1g socket setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info