[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Thinking out loud here, im new to this build...

Determination reserves alot and we use 2 things on a medium jewel. How about the defiance banner instead and then using another aura + less mana reserved + have more dps on a medium jewel ?
"
minaceleste2 wrote:
First question is that you have Vile toxins in the PoB but I dont see where we poison in the build? Is that the spiders that poison or am I missing something? ---> Yes, the spiders inflict the poison stacks. And vile toxins gem have this mod:
Supported Skills deal 5% more Damage with Hits for each Poison on the Enemy, up to (5-8)

Second question is that you clearly say to not take out Determination yet If I keep Determination I can barely 4 link my HOP. --> You have to change the anointment on the astramentis to 'Charisma'

Thank you for replying. That is so sweet of you, can anyone of you good guys help me out? I am having issues with my Holy Relic not working with CWTD.

It does cast molten shell when taken dmg but not Holy Relic.
"
Lazytits wrote:
Thinking out loud here, im new to this build...

Determination reserves alot and we use 2 things on a medium jewel. How about the defiance banner instead and then using another aura + less mana reserved + have more dps on a medium jewel ?

With Determination lv 19 i got 41k armour

With Defiance Banner lv 1 i got 28k armour but i manage to put skitterbots with this change, so maybe is worth it.

I didnt finishe my gearing tho, has a lot of improments to make.

I'm not a good theorycrafter, i'll let the guys who know see if is a possible change
"
Ellarizz wrote:
"
minaceleste2 wrote:
First question is that you have Vile toxins in the PoB but I dont see where we poison in the build? Is that the spiders that poison or am I missing something? ---> Yes, the spiders inflict the poison stacks. And vile toxins gem have this mod:
Supported Skills deal 5% more Damage with Hits for each Poison on the Enemy, up to (5-8)

Second question is that you clearly say to not take out Determination yet If I keep Determination I can barely 4 link my HOP. --> You have to change the anointment on the astramentis to 'Charisma'

Thank you for replying. That is so sweet of you, can anyone of you good guys help me out? I am having issues with my Holy Relic not working with CWTD.

It does cast molten shell when taken dmg but not Holy Relic.

hello. I downloaded your character into POB but I am having a hard time debugging because I don't know which auras you are turning on (POB defaults to them all being turned on and that shows you will a large negative mana pool). Let me know the exact auras you have turned on (or give me a POB link which represents your build).

With out knowing the exact numbers I can only guess. Make sure you actually have enough mana to have Summon Holy Relic be cast. It is costing you 74 mana. If you go under that mana number while playing, it won't be able to be cast.

Your gem levels within the CWDT setup are set correctly so that is not the issue.

Out of curiosity why are you not CI? You appear to have all of the core gear needed to switch to CI.

Also, your HOP gem set up looks different. It is like you have combined the Impale version with the original version. Did you come up with a new combo that does more DPS?
I won't say what is better or worse in terms of Determination vs Defiance Banner, that is for each player to decide on their own.

I will give this information based on my knowledge of the build from last league. The build absolutely thrives off of armor (which is why the original build guide stresses Determination).

The core defensive mechanic the build employs is arguably the strongest in the game and that is recovery on block.

With this specific build, we can achieve massive recovery on block because we have numerous ways to scale our armor (which is what we have this unique shield for). We may be far from a DPS machine but once the build gets complete, we are almost unkillable.

I am a HORRIBLE player and there was not a single AW9, T16 juiced Ultimatum that even made me blink last league. And I still had multiple upgrades I could have made but I moved on to another build last league.

But there are always improvements that can be made (or in our case, nerfs that can be minimized) so I encourage people to try as many combos as they can come up with.

Some will prefer finding combos with a little more damage, and less tanky, and others will prefer the opposite. There is no one right answer except what feels best to you the player.
Any advice right now?

https://pastebin.com/KqHm5p1Y
"
ImTerryFox wrote:
Any advice right now?

looks good!

*All upgrades from this point forward should focus on mana reservation. (A second Guilt ring, amulet enchantment, and helmet enchantment).

*When you get a second Guilt ring, replace the Whispering Sphere jewel in your belt. It does very little for our build. In the belt you want to focus hard on resists, armor, ES, mana and int. Resists first and then take the best of the rest.

*Pick up a Healthy Mind jewel. It is super cheap and will give you a nice bump in the build.
"
"
ImTerryFox wrote:
Any advice right now?

looks good!

*All upgrades from this point forward should focus on mana reservation. (A second Guilt ring, amulet enchantment, and helmet enchantment).

*When you get a second Guilt ring, replace the Whispering Sphere jewel in your belt. It does very little for our build. In the belt you want to focus hard on resists, armor, ES, mana and int. Resists first and then take the best of the rest.

*Pick up a Healthy Mind jewel. It is super cheap and will give you a nice bump in the build.

I was looking for the blue nightmare first for more dps since I'm pretty tanky right now.
Last edited by ImTerryFox on Jul 29, 2021, 1:44:35 PM
"
ImTerryFox wrote:

I was looking for the blue nightmare first for more dps since I'm pretty tanky right now.

The Blue Nightmare gem does not add DPS to this build. We use it to cap our spell block to make us more tanky.

You won't be able to increase your DPS very much until you get your mana sorted out and get your self a 6 linked level 21 HOP.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 29, 2021, 2:46:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info