[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
LuanBzra wrote:
I have been starting with this build and wanted to ask a few questions.
1- Before getting the rings for HoP mana reserved, there is a minion that can help on damage (I know spiders do a lot by themselves)?
2- I saw a few pages ago about a impale variant, is that stronger then the currently one on the guide?
3- The guide goes about Bleed, but the pob show poison support (vile toxins) The change was because poison got buff this league?
4- the new banner give us %inc armour and evasion, would be possible to fit that one ?

1) You can always run the skitterbots. Their chills and shock help the spiders. You can also run a Carrion Golem linked with Feeding Frenzy and Minion Life.

2) The Impale version looks like it has a little more DPS this league but unlike last league, where the difference was massive, this league it is a small difference so you can choose which version you prefer

3) Yes I believe so. I think the build owner experimented with a few different support gems and that combo I assume was the best.

4) We are mana starved and already have had to drop one aura. We will need to see how the new changes will effect though once they roll out soon.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 27, 2021, 9:45:46 AM
"
Jack0o wrote:
Seems like I am developing my character (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jack0o/characters) according to the plan but I'm struggling at T1 maps... Some mobs kill me in 2-3 shots, my zombies are cleared pretty easy by larger groups of mobs, especially those from Expedition sites... I'm not sure what's wrong but I feel very weak...

At the moment:
-I have second ascendancy
-CI unlocked
-I'm at 3.4k ES, 3.5k mana (90% of mana reserved)
-Arakaali’s Fang is still few EX so I'm using some 1h-weapon with high physical dmg
-using Zombies with Ruthless, Predator, Minion Life
-using HoP with Meat Shield
-using all 3 auras
-got Aegis Aurora, Rainbowstride and Healthy Mind jewel (my only uniques from the build)
-resistances and chance to block capped

On paper it doesn't look that bad... I'm trying to develop my defense as survivability is my biggest issue atm. Are there any crucial gamechanging nodes / items / gems I may be missing? Or my only hope is to farm for Arakaali's Fang in acts 9-10? ;]

PS. I am summoning Holy Relic manually, because Cast When Damage Taken have procked it very rarely.

With the shield, you need lots of Armor, so make sure to get good armor.
The helmet also gives a nice boost.

Shaper's touch is kinda cheap right now, so you could always use it.

https://pastebin.com/R2M8T5EH

This is what I'm at right now and currently on Awakening 3.
I'm still struggling with mana reservation and everything since Enlighten cost a much and the enchant on the helmet is not easy to get.
I'm gonna run out of Offering to the goddess soon.

You can always check your cards in your inventory to see if there's any you're not using that is worth a few chaos (same goes for fossils and scarabs).
It's better to invest to get better survivability, then you can farm it back in higher tier map.

Was lucky enough to get 2 ex drop thought.
Got the Large cluster for 1.5ex which was a bargain and farmed the rest.
Keep on refreshing the trade site since some people put low price sometimes.
Last edited by ImTerryFox on Jul 27, 2021, 9:13:14 AM
"
Jack0o wrote:
Seems like I am developing my character (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jack0o/characters) according to the plan but I'm struggling at T1 maps... Some mobs kill me in 2-3 shots, my zombies are cleared pretty easy by larger groups of mobs, especially those from Expedition sites... I'm not sure what's wrong but I feel very weak...

At the moment:
-I have second ascendancy
-CI unlocked
-I'm at 3.4k ES, 3.5k mana (90% of mana reserved)
-Arakaali’s Fang is still few EX so I'm using some 1h-weapon with high physical dmg
-using Zombies with Ruthless, Predator, Minion Life
-using HoP with Meat Shield
-using all 3 auras
-got Aegis Aurora, Rainbowstride and Healthy Mind jewel (my only uniques from the build)
-resistances and chance to block capped

On paper it doesn't look that bad... I'm trying to develop my defense as survivability is my biggest issue atm. Are there any crucial gamechanging nodes / items / gems I may be missing? Or my only hope is to farm for Arakaali's Fang in acts 9-10? ;]

PS. I am summoning Holy Relic manually, because Cast When Damage Taken have procked it very rarely.

hello!

Your profile is private in your account so we can't see your character to give any feedback.

Your weapon's physical damage is meaningless in this build so don't worry about it too much. None of the minions you are using are effected by the weapon.

From your stats, I am surprised you are struggling in T1 maps but I would need to look closer at your POB.

Since you are in maps, you should have your 3rd ascendency by now. I would recommend grabbing that 3rd one immediately as it can only help your character.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 27, 2021, 9:16:53 AM
Edit: All good, figured out the issue.
Last edited by Wraeclaster on Jul 27, 2021, 5:46:44 PM
"

hello!

Your profile is private in your account so we can't see your character to give any feedback.

Your weapon's physical damage is meaningless in this build so don't worry about it too much. None of the minions you are using are effected by the weapon.

From your stats, I am surprised you are struggling in T1 maps but I would need to look closer at your POB.

Since you are in maps, you should have your 3rd ascendency by now. I would recommend grabbing that 3rd one immediately as it can only help your character.

Woops, now my character should be available...
Seems like I need to farm for Arakaali's Fang. Changed my weapon to Ephemeral Edge which gave me +700 ES for 1 chaos. Seems good item, especially for final build farming. Also got Shaper's Touch and better helmet. My flasks are placeholders atm ;) At least I can farm low tier maps.
Last edited by Jack0o on Jul 27, 2021, 4:20:52 PM
"
Jack0o wrote:

Woops, now my character should be available...
Seems like I need to farm for Arakaali's Fang. Changed my weapon to Ephemeral Edge which gave me +700 ES for 1 chaos. Seems good item, especially for final build farming. Also got Shaper's Touch and better helmet. My potions are placeholders atm ;) At least I can farm low tier maps.

looks good at this level!

I agree, just farm white maps until you can afford the dagger.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 27, 2021, 4:19:13 PM

Have being playing and enjoying a lot. Still doing the original variant of the guide owner. But I think that, for the pob I got, the impale has more room for flexibility, but I don't know if is updated or not. Could you send it to me please?

Almost with all the core itens, don't have the chest yet. But doing maps and having a lot of fun with the spiders.
Last edited by LuanBzra on Jul 28, 2021, 4:47:19 AM
Hello there. First and foremost really great written guide and all cudos to you!

I have 2 questions that are not answered in the faq and have read the entire guide without me understand these 2 things that I have.

First question is that you have Vile toxins in the PoB but I dont see where we poison in the build? Is that the spiders that poison or am I missing something?

Second question is that you clearly say to not take out Determination yet If I keep Determination I can barely 4 link my HOP.

Have a great day and would appreciate the feedback.
First question is that you have Vile toxins in the PoB but I dont see where we poison in the build? Is that the spiders that poison or am I missing something? ---> Yes, the spiders inflict the poison stacks. And vile toxins gem have this mod:
Supported Skills deal 5% more Damage with Hits for each Poison on the Enemy, up to (5-8)

Second question is that you clearly say to not take out Determination yet If I keep Determination I can barely 4 link my HOP. --> You have to change the anointment on the astramentis to 'Charisma'

"
LuanBzra wrote:

Have being playing and enjoying a lot. Still doing the original variant of the guide owner. But I think that, for the pob I got, the impale has more room for flexibility, but I don't know if is updated or not. Could you send it to me please?

Almost with all the core itens, don't have the chest yet. But doing maps and having a lot of fun with the spiders.

Here is an updated Impale version that attempts to deal with the new mana issues introduced this league. Note that when POB is updated with the information on the mana changes introduced yesterday, we may need to revisit. In this pastebin, set clarity to a level you are comfortable with (the less mana left over the better).

https://pastebin.com/0zE6SP4K

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info