[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Been active this weekend.

Spent a bunch of my currency. The amulet is the most expensive item I've ever purchased. Its not the BEST, but holy crap these minions just clear everything. Its nuts. I did lose 600ES though. =/

Need to dial in a few things. Block chance on shield to free up three nodes. Eventually an amulet with better stats. 2% life regen on the boots. That sort of thing.

I downed A9 Sirus today. No deaths. I'll keep running that for a bit I think. In hopes to get some awakening gems. Still no plans on running Maven.

This guy is DIALED though.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Last edited by Westwood1121 on May 31, 2021, 4:20:26 PM
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:
Quick question about signal prey:

As far as i know signal prey only effects supported minions. So if i use from herald of purity it will onlyeffect sentinels and spiders wont get bonus damage. Does it mean we should use awakened minion damage on arakali fang?

I am not sure 2 different signal prey stacks and i dont have extra skill slot to use.

Signal Prey has a very unique feature that we can exploit in this build to allow both Spiders and Sentinels to benefit.

Here is the text with the underlined for you to focus on:

Applies a debuff to a specific enemy which signals your minions to consider that enemy to be the Prey. All minions from skills supported by any Predator Support will target that enemy. Only one enemy can be the Prey at a time.

So the way it works is as follows:

1) Socket an Anomalous Predator (max quality) in your dagger. This gives us a special version of Signal Prey that applies a debuff to the enemy marked.
2) Socket a regular Predator (max quality) in your HOP setup (this regular version of Predator allows for max damage for the sentinels)
3) This setup will give you access to two different Signal Prey skills
4) Ignore the Signal Prey that is from the HOP setup
5) Only use the Signal Prey from the Dagger setup as it gives you a debuff you can place on the enemies
6) Spam the skill at will. You can cast it constantly while Cycloning. Because of the underlined text I provided above, Signal Prey will effect both the Sentinels and Spiders since both setups have Predator support in them.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 31, 2021, 4:51:51 PM
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Spent a bunch of my currency. The amulet is the most expensive item I've ever purchased. Its not the BEST, but holy crap these minions just clear everything. Its nuts. I did lose 600ES though. =/

Need to dial in a few things. Block chance on shield to free up three nodes. Eventually an amulet with better stats. 2% life regen on the boots. That sort of thing.

I downed A9 Sirus today. No deaths. I'll keep running that for a bit I think. In hopes to get some awakening gems. Still no plans on running Maven.

looks fabulous! Here are a couple of comments:

*Don't forget to grab an Awakened Minion Damage. They are very affordable. I think you can get a level 5 for well under 2ex.

*Don't forget to slowly upgrade your various gems into the alt qualities (like Anom Fortify, Anom Predator, Divergent Clarity, Divergent Cyclone etc). These are all small improvements but they add up. And some are really cheap too.
"

looks fabulous! Here are a couple of comments:

*Don't forget to grab an Awakened Minion Damage. They are very affordable. I think you can get a level 5 for well under 2ex.

*Don't forget to slowly upgrade your various gems into the alt qualities (like Anom Fortify, Anom Predator, Divergent Clarity, Divergent Cyclone etc). These are all small improvements but they add up. And some are really cheap too.

Hah, so I had faceted lens I used on a bricked Empower. I bought a low level awakened minion damage and figured the lens would knock out a bunch of levels. I got like 5% exp on it. haha, so I will work on that.

I have Anom Predator now. Slowly working my way around.

I have 60c to my name, so I have to, you know, actually PLAY for a bit now. hah
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.

This belt and abyss were just little over 40c. Definitely beats very expensive abyss jewels with uber mods to match it.

here is belt link search
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/3kv8gb0s5
Last edited by IceLancerSR on May 31, 2021, 7:37:05 PM
Does Fertile catalysts work on the rings to reduce reservations? I remember seeing it in the written guide somewhere but I'm not confident if it's accurate.

If not, what catalysts would be best?
"
Szktel wrote:
Does Fertile catalysts work on the rings to reduce reservations? I remember seeing it in the written guide somewhere but I'm not confident if it's accurate.

If not, what catalysts would be best?

It used to work but GGG changed the wording so Fertile catalysts no longer effect reduction.

You can use the defense catalysts to help armor or the attribute catalysts to help attributes on the ring. Choose what ever you think is best for your build.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Congrats! Really nice necklace.
I had similar problems when switching to mine.

I adjusted my Tree and focussed more on defensive to compensate the ES and Armour loss, your tree already looks similar to mine except the Impale stuff.

You can try do find Abyss Jewels with more flat Mana and ES if you still can manage the Resistances. They'll help a lot.

Just one comment: Try to get Divergent Clarity, Divergent Vitality and Anomalous Vaal Discipline. It shouldn't be your first priority but they all grant a small damage boots to your minions.

Sirus is really easy with this build. I literally can stand still and just do what ever I want while my minions do their job. Maven was extrem hard for me, mainly because I don't know her skills (first time facing her this League).

Spoiler

The first phases of her are okay, because the viod sphere disappears and you can kill Maven fast. Be sure to manage the intermediate phase where the big thing spawns and don't die during the 'memory game' phases. That will waste your portals.
The last two phases where hard for me because I wasn't able to manage the void sphere. I believe it's just a practice thing. I can still remember my first Sirus fight, hehe.

btw since I liked Multistrike with HoP, Maven was a lot easier.

Last edited by Tiffiklotz on Jun 1, 2021, 3:09:28 AM
"

While i mapping to afford the shield, for maximize block change to spell and free the arcane node I just bought Rumi's Concoction Granite Flask, I use it just in hard times.
This build is almost immortal, I have chosen to sacrifice a little defense for a few more dps, I don't know if I made the right choice.

Good lord my english is a nightmare.
Greetings.

Could someone outline the pros % cons between the default vs the Impale version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info