[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Or you can use amulet like this one :
"
Chen93 wrote:
Is there any difference to having Maim on Flesh and Stone vs Maim linked to Cyclone?

I can't fit Flesh and Stone right now. I need the reduced reservation cluster + Charisma I believe, plus the large cluster to support these in. I also presume that once you have that reduced reservation cluster + Charisma you can spec out of Discord Artisan.

Other than those two what I can see is I need to level/quality my gems and then get some flat mana on the Jewels I'm using.

Is this more or less the way forward? Just wanting to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

POB for reference: https://pastebin.com/D5v9XB60

Thanks!

1) It is fine on Cyclone. It is a little better on Flesh and Stone because the AOE of Flesh and Stone is much bigger than cyclone but it will work fine on Cyclone.

2) That is correct. Once you get all the reservation nodes on the tree and cluster jewels you can dump the path to Discord Artisan.

3) You have plenty of work to do on the POB but you are certainly headed in the right direction! I would make sure you grab your Blue Nightmare jewel as soon as you can afford it. If you are having Mana problems, drop Vitality, it is the least important aura. And don't forget to add quality where you can (starting with your flasks). If you are in the need of tree points, drop the path to righteous army as that is fairly weak damage wise and should not be used until you are much higher level.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 1, 2021, 12:22:36 PM
"
dextrelame wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:

This belt and abyss were just little over 40c. Definitely beats very expensive abyss jewels with uber mods to match it.

here is belt link search
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/3kv8gb0s5

Good alternative yes, beats no, darkness enthroned is still better for more ES. (28intell + 133 ES + 108 mana)

This belt give me +1.5k armour but -350ES :

Good crystal belt do the job too.

"
Could someone outline the pros % cons between the default vs the Impale version?

Pros : High damage / clear speed
Cons : More mana reservation

For impale version you can follow my PoB (lvl 100) :
https://pastebin.com/XEpyUueh

- Active aura : Flesh and stone (blood) link to maim, determination, discipline, clarity, dread banner, vitality, Hop.
- Use bloodlust instead and awakened multistrike for lower budget.
- take arcane guarding if you need spell block (5% on expensive shield)

Its alternative. Because jewels with such stats like u are displaying are totally either non existent or cost arm and leg. But they just dont exist.(in trade at least)

Jewel required for the darkness would be x2
+int
+es
+mana
+all elemental resist
if u find something like that in existence and within price range of a normal human , do let me know :P

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/423YPdYt9
max 3 stats never 4th
3 is not acceptable.

P.S
in my belt if u want more es, then one godly jewel would give it to you, for me, during leveling phase i am using jewel with all minions damage posted.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 1, 2021, 1:27:18 PM
"

1) It is fine on Cyclone. It is a little better on Flesh and Stone because the AOE of Flesh and Stone is much bigger than cyclone but it will work fine on Cyclone.

2) That is correct. Once you get all the reservation nodes on the tree and cluster jewels you can dump the path to Discord Artisan.

3) You have plenty of work to do on the POB but you are certainly headed in the right direction! I would make sure you grab your Blue Nightmare jewel as soon as you can afford it. If you are having Mana problems, drop Vitality, it is the least important aura. And don't forget to add quality where you can (starting with your flasks). If you are in the need of tree points, drop the path to righteous army as that is fairly weak damage wise and should not be used until you are much higher level.

I actually just picked up the Blue Nightmare seems I forgot to update the POB. Thanks for the advice, saving up now for the large cluster and the reduced reservation one so I can move some points around on the tree. Completely forgot about the flask quality I will do that right away.
"
Chen93 wrote:
"

I actually just picked up the Blue Nightmare seems I forgot to update the POB. Thanks for the advice, saving up now for the large cluster and the reduced reservation one so I can move some points around on the tree. Completely forgot about the flask quality I will do that right away.

with cyclon u have to hit in order to maim. With flash and stone all enemies in range of aura are instantly maimed. Also there is secondary huge bonus which is , those mobs take ~30% increased physical damage taken

So, no. Its not ok to have it on cyclon. You are gimping your self
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 1, 2021, 2:32:06 PM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:

I have killed every thing in the game with it (besides Maven which I don't run due to the memory game) on cyclone and haven't died in forever, before I made the switch.

If he can't fit it in at his level right now mana wise, it is fine to keep it on cyclone for the time being until he can get things sorted.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 1, 2021, 4:16:45 PM
"
"
IceLancerSR wrote:

I have killed every thing in the game with it (besides Maven which I don't run due to the memory game) on cyclone and haven't died in forever.

If he can't fit it in at his level right now mana wise, it is fine to keep it on cyclone for the time being.

Just because u did it like that, doesnt make it ok.
Especially when reason for doing it by gimping your self is not valid.
You have way more enough mana to put flash and stone, vitality and what ever else u want

I am 3 days into the league and fitting 4 auras + clarity (5th) , so can he all he needs is a simple cluster jewel with uncompromising and self-control. You giving him advice to go against good thing is bad
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 1, 2021, 3:36:39 PM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"
"
IceLancerSR wrote:

I have killed every thing in the game with it (besides Maven which I don't run due to the memory game) on cyclone and haven't died in forever, before I made the switch.

If he can't fit it in at his level right now mana wise, it is fine to keep it on cyclone for the time being.

Just because u did it like that, doesnt make it ok.
Especially when reason for doing it by gimping your self is not valid.
You have way more enough mana to put flash and stone, vitality and what ever else u want

I am 3 days into the league and fitting 4 auras + clarity (5th) , so can he all he needs is a simple cluster jewel with uncompromising and self-control. You giving him advice to go against good thing is bad

he already said in his post that he is having mana problems and can't fit things in yet. I was just offering him a suggestion to keep him moving along.

I don't quite understand why you need to be such a jack ass about this. Strange..
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 1, 2021, 4:19:05 PM
"

I don't quite understand why you need to be such a jack ass about this. Strange..

If u want to help someone then u do it right. Not half arsed with bad advices against good thing.
U call me jacked about it? I should as well be, when u give people advice like that.
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"

If u want to help someone then u do it right. Not half arsed with bad advices against good thing.
U call me jacked about it? I should as well be, when u give people advice like that.

It is not bad advice when he clearly said he could not fit it in the mana yet. He could not run Flesh and Stone yet. I mean how much clearer does he need to be in his post?

"I can't fit Flesh and Stone right now."

In the mean time, while waiting till he gets his build sorted so that he can fit in Flesh and Stone, running Maim in Cyclone is perfectly fine.

He can still play the build and do fine with it while acquiring what he needs to make the change over. I did the same thing for a long time and it was fine as a place holder. When he can fit everything into his mana, he can make the change at that time.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 1, 2021, 4:20:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info