[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Damo1984 wrote:

On the dps side of things assume i go the impale route which gem am i replacing for awaken multi?.

The Impale version uses the following HOP gem setup:

Low Budget: HOP-Impale-Bloodlust-Predator-Minion Damage-Empower 3

Medium Budget: HOP-Impale-Bloodlust-Predator-Awakened Minion Damage-Empower 4

High Budget: HOP-Impale-Awakened Multistrike-Predator-Awakened Minion Damage-Empower 4

Note that the impale version involves more than just the HOP gems. You will need new cluster jewels (specifically with Rotten Claws node) and Dread Banner.

Before you make the switch, you can check out my character to get a feel for the differences. I have mostly followed dextrelame excellent version and then made a few small tweaks to suit my playing style.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 28, 2021, 12:55:50 PM
I struggle with piano playing at times so I always look for ways to lesson my need for a million keys.

But now that I have automatic Flesh Offering I find that I should have enough finger dexterity to do a tiny bit more.

Today I am going to experiment with planting the dread banner against single targets once it reaches max.

Planting the banner looks like it gives a small amount of DPS and a little extra boost to fortify but I do lose some ES so it may not even be worth it to be honest.

Up till now I have just been carrying it out of laziness/lack of skill.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 28, 2021, 1:00:24 PM
"
Szktel wrote:

Oh and awakened multistrike definitely feels better than bloodlust at clearing speed.

Agreed and it really shines in single target.

The spiders carry the majority of the load when clearing but that flips in single target.

The AW Multi in Ultimatums is really nice because we always have max sentinals procced, unlike in regular mapping where they are more haphazard in nature.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 28, 2021, 1:04:51 PM
"

Agreed and it really shines in single target.

The spiders carry the majority of the load when clearing but that flips in single target.

The AW Multi in Ultimatums is really nice because we always have max sentinals procced, unlike in regular mapping where they are more haphazard in nature.

Exactly, I felt the difference immediately after just running a few ultimatums.

Question, how do we check the amount of impale chance our minions have? I'm not sure if I need to plant dread banner or not.
"
Szktel wrote:

Question, how do we check the amount of impale chance our minions have? I'm not sure if I need to plant dread banner or not.

open up pob.

Go to Calcs window

Select Herald of Purity for both Socket Group and Active Skill

Select "Show Minion Stats"

Look in the middle of the page for a box labeled Impale

In that box it will show you the Impale chance.

Once you get Influence on the tree, you should be in the Upper 90's for % chance to Impale
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 28, 2021, 2:10:41 PM
"

You can find the impale chance on PoB, with my tree i exactly have 50% increased aura effect. (if you check dont forget the 5% in ascendance)
Hop have 99% and spider 49% (i can take +3% on medium jewel for 100% / 50%)

https://pastebin.com/YN6qc9HW

For Hop :
Anomalous impale : 50 %
Rotten claws : 12%
Divergent dread banner : 25%
increased aura effect : 25*0.50 = 12.50%
Total = 99.50%
Last edited by dextrelame on May 28, 2021, 2:48:07 PM
"
open up pob.

Go to Calcs window

Select Herald of Purity for both Socket Group and Active Skill

Select "Show Minion Stats"

Look in the middle of the page for a box labeled Impale

In that box it will show you the Impale chance.

Once you get Influence on the tree, you should be in the Upper 90's for % chance to Impale

Ah ok. I did not notice the "Show Minion Stats" checkbox.

I'm currently at 98% for Heralds and 48% for spiders. It is showing 36% is from Dread Banner, is that with the banner at 50 stages and while placed?
"
Szktel wrote:

I'm currently at 98% for Heralds and 48% for spiders. It is showing 36% is from Dread Banner, is that with the banner at 50 stages and while placed?

no I don't think so.

If you open the Config window, you will see the settings for Dread Banner. It defaults to not planted so unless you changed it, I think that is what you will see.
Think im done with this build spent 25-30ex, and i feel no tankiness/dps against bosses, tried 3 versions now and not one is any better than the other. I dont doubt this is a good build the videos prove it but for me not worth the trouble i think.

Thanks for tips and tricks and making a awesome guide.
"
i feel no tankiness/dps against bosses

Do you try build with impale, flesh and stone link to maim, dread banner, large cluster ?

With some improvement you can kill fast and deathless shaper / elder / uber atziri / sirius T9 ... can tank sirius smash, uber atziri flamebaslt...

I think build need 50-60ex for 9K+ ES / 60k+ armour and good damage for endgame boss.
Last edited by dextrelame on May 28, 2021, 4:41:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info