[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

There are a lot of variants of this build and in 3.14 if you are using Flesh and Stone or Stalwart Commander on a Jewel you have a little bit of tweaking to do.

"The Cluster Jewel notable Stalwart Commander now causes Determination, Discipline and Grace to have 15% increased Aura Effect (previously 20%)."

"Flesh and Stone
Now requires 35% Mana reservation (previously 25%)."

for me, that looks like:

Swapping out my Multistrike 21/20 for an Empower (4) on my HoP with a tiny bit of DPS loss

In 3.13 I end up with
ES / Armor
8527 / 72802

3.14, w/ stalwart nerfs
8323 / 68968
Last edited by Tavener on Apr 14, 2021, 9:34:15 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
nikeyla wrote:
Can anybody share, how good is this build in 3.13 and maven stuff? I tried it a lower budget gear to simulate a league start and it felt so bad in t16s maps with maven witnessing, close to impossible actually. Not sure if it might work well for her invitations due to the build mechanics. Thanks for any info.

Oh damn, I recorded a lot of videos from 3.13 and completely forgot to upload them! I'll try to do that soon. But, long story short, the build did all content effortlessly, except for the Feared which I managed to take down deathless but not without effort.

Little guidance here, how do you do Uber Atziri? and how do you manage the degen from maven on shaper? (and on it's fight I have hard time cause at some point the space to walk is very little)

Maybe I need to wait for your videos :)
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:
Little guidance here, how do you do Uber Atziri? and how do you manage the degen from maven on shaper? (and on it's fight I have hard time cause at some point the space to walk is very little)

Maybe I need to wait for your videos :)

First thing: I added a lot of new videos to the guide, including all end-game bosses.

For Uber Atziri, the only thing that can really kill you is her flameblast. When she does her huge double-flameblast, you should have more than enough time to get to the edge of the arena to dodge it. The rest of the time, try to look out for those, and if you see that one if going to hit you, hit Molten Shell. It should barely scratch you, but consume Molten Shell almost entirely. By the time she casts her next flameblast, even in her "quadruple-reflection" phase, she should be going to the next phase.

You will need to prioritise running/dashing during the cooldown of Molten Shell to be completely safe, but it should be fine if you focus on that instead of hitting for those few seconds. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:

First thing: I added a lot of new videos to the guide, including all end-game bosses.

Cool thanks!!! I'll check again, I must have missed them since last time I check.

"
Vatinas wrote:

For Uber Atziri, the only thing that can really kill you is her flameblast. When she does her huge double-flameblast, you should have more than enough time to get to the edge of the arena to dodge it. The rest of the time, try to look out for those, and if you see that one if going to hit you, hit Molten Shell. It should barely scratch you, but consume Molten Shell almost entirely. By the time she casts her next flameblast, even in her "quadruple-reflection" phase, she should be going to the next phase.

You will need to prioritise running/dashing during the cooldown of Molten Shell to be completely safe, but it should be fine if you focus on that instead of hitting for those few seconds. :)

Yeah it's the only thing that kills me, as for molten shell, I kept forgetting about it so I put it on my walking key so as soon as it can be cast again it is. But obviously I can't manually cast it on demand, so I have Vaal Molten Shell on button, I need to remember that it's there :(, as I supposed is just more git gud :)
Thanks for taking the time to give this explanation! You rock!
Hi, is there a variant of this build with Herald of Agony as well?
Freezien
"
azndecoy101 wrote:
Hi, is there a variant of this build with Herald of Agony as well?

It used to be a HoA build, but HoP is just better in all aspects.
what are the gem links for holy flame totem pls while leveling ?
My circle of guilt rings are now capped at 20% HoP mana reduction including catalysts.

Is this a bug?

I think the catalyst changes have effected things.
Last edited by Ashman23 on Apr 16, 2021, 8:51:08 PM
Assuming its not a bug, a quick fix can be to annoint Charisma on your amulet. This will also have the side-effect of letting you remove the 3 skill points leading to Influence (next to CI). Charisma annoint isn't cheap though...
"
Ashman23 wrote:
My circle of guilt rings are now capped at 20% HoP mana reduction including catalysts.

Is this a bug?

I think the catalyst changes have effected things.

Make sure the roll was 20% before catalysts, and that the catalysts applied are fertile (life and mana modifiers). Some rings will have 20% reduced reservation if they had around 18% and then had catalysts applied.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info