[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Yeah, I have Soul of the Brine King... still keep getting chilled/stunned quite often... :-/

Yea chills can be an issue sometimes, if they are quite common run the basalt flask with freeze immunity since you don't really need curse immunity.
Thumbs up to that. Changed.

I'm lvl 97. Any ideas of how I should be spending my last 3 points? A small cluster (with what? Should I go with minion dmg or auras?), or other tree nodes?

Thx!
Im gonna try it, ty man
Thank You so much for this thorough, in-depth and beginner-friendly guide! Indeed it's the best guide I've seen so far and the Guardian is a lot of fun to play!! I like the beefier chars, as my play skill is a bit on the lower side and this Guardian certainly delivers and forgives lot of mistakes.

Keep up the good work, I'll play him again in 3.14 for sure!
I have nearly full gear, but lack the resists, how do you get your Resists Capped?
Nearing the end of this league, want to share my 2 builds for lvl 100.

Boss/defense/overall (close to original guide):
https://pastebin.com/ACCfL4ew
This variant has some changes, an optimized tree and is the more budget friendly version. Spent around 50ex for this setup and some crafting. Reached 100 with this version (mostly in delve maps).

Mapping/Rituals/Fun (includes headhunter):
https://pastebin.com/N2b7yKeB
This is an alternate build of my overall setup, it utilises headhunter which performs great in any ritual, delve, blight map. Used additional 80ex for belt and another ring.

Both builds are very good when it comes for a copy & paste setup, there are alot of other "optimized" builds for dps, but those are not good in my opinion because of they required to many clustergems with elusive rolls and expensive harvest craft amulets (which won't be possible in future?).

What i learned during this league with this build:
++ all content is doable, but sometimes quite hard
+ invested currency is ok if you stay below 50ex for promised result
+ quite safe for doing lvl100 (died 5 times from 90 to 100)
+ fun
+ starter build (following the OPs guide)
-- lacks boss encounter dmg, especially maven unchartered realm invitations (the feared)
- too many skills are required to make it viable, lots of keybindings and standstill moments
- not very helpful in party, lacks in movementspeed and support
- mechanics are outdated and will lack in next seasons

Would i recommend it for future leagues?
No, cause of lack in boss encounter (dmg, spawning spiders and lots of standstill moments for recasting). I expect new challenges and boss encounters will become more unfriendly for this build.
"
Exxi wrote:

Would i recommend it for future leagues?
No, cause of lack in boss encounter (dmg, spawning spiders and lots of standstill moments for recasting). I expect new challenges and boss encounters will become more unfriendly for this build.

I feel the same to be honest. I made lvl100 last league and "only" 97 this league but next league I'm not going to play this again. It's still a very good build for most of the content and for fights like Sirus A9, Cortex and e.g. Mastermind lvl83 this build is amazing. For some fights though the lack of damage is making the fight very hard.

I've had the same gear for a long time and wasn't able to find a chest upgrade even when having a search running every hour I was online. This is both a good and a bad thing of the build. It's good because you will have endgame viable gear fairly quickly but then there isn't really an incentive to look for better items or the items are extremely rare and expensive.

This is why I am going to try a different build again next league and hope I won't miss the tanky-ness as much :)
If someone never played this build before, I would definitely advise them to give it a try and maybe get your first level 100 if you put some effort in it!
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
_Supernal_ wrote:
"
baney123 wrote:

Can I talk you into giving me the same build vivisection you did for the poster above?
I just hit 98 yesterday and I’ve got about 30-35 ex I can spend on upgrades. I’m going to try and hit 99 to take the last jewel socket before the league ends but that’s going to take a while and I want to make adjustments before then.
I think my damage is the limiting factor here. I don’t currently have the mana reservation to turn on dread banner, even if I take out clarity.

Hi, I looked at your character tab, I couldn't see the cluster jewels but my suggestion stays the same, go for mana reservation, stalwart and minion damage cluster jewels. Some of the suggestions to the person before you apply to you as well.
1)I also noticed you are not using Accuracy enchant on your dagger which gives you % main hand hit chance, which is really good in terms of maiming the enemy and helping you spawn your sentinels faster(90%+ chance preferred, higher the better).
2)I hope I didn't miss it but I saw you are not applying vulnerability on monsters/enemies anywhere, that's a decent chunk of dps and bleeding loss there.
3)I saw your boots aren't corrupted, that good! Which means you can run lab for boot enchant(shock 10% chance)I know that's not much but combined with other things its 20% chance still a decent boost unless you prefer something else. Same with your belt enchant with damage over time.
4)Anointed flesh and Gravepact can be ditched and substituted with more cluster jewels for reservation to make space for auras as well.
5)Clarity is alright but if you're not running clarity watcher's eye then there's better alternatives to that aura.
6)+2 Skill Gems Amulet is a huge upgrade and can take anywhere between 6-15ex to craft depending on your luck.
Of course these are just suggestions from my PoV by no means these are the most optimal changes and I'm definitely not the most experienced person in terms of gear suggestions as the last time I played the game was in Metamorph league. So take all this info with a grain of salt and then decide if you want to implement any of this. These are the things which worked for me pretty well and that's about it. Let me know if you need any other suggestions I'm always down to help in whatever capacity I can. :)

Finally got watcher’s eye, I’m up to 9k es/65k armour with no buffs up
Dread banner is up thanks to a second cluster node, no room for precision or pride yet

Despite being unbelievably tanky it still feels like random white mobs just delete me sometimes.
It doesn’t happen often but it’s enough that I am not running any more rare maps until I hit 100

I got myself the awaken orb to make an amulet but I doubt I’ll have time to get the currency to finish it before the league ends. One of you fine folk should sell me yours once it hits standard
I wonder if an impale champion version of this would end up dealing more damage while being as tanky

Although getting 20 spiders for some bosses isn't that easy...
"
I wonder if an impale champion version of this would end up dealing more damage while being as tanky

Although getting 20 spiders for some bosses isn't that easy...

The pantheon that gives flask charges makes it very easy, even during sirus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info