[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Whoaaaaaa.... I just killed Sirus A8, only 1 death.
This is the first time I ever do this (with any build), so it feels great. :)

I did follow some suggestions from Supernal (thanks, man) and I did modify my tree to be able to run pride and dread banner.

The only thing I notice is that my spiders die and I have some trouble spawning them again. There are some points in the fight that it's me and cyclone (ugh) while I'm waiting for the sentinels to spawn and the flask to recharge (so i can summon spiders)

"
saskioamaral wrote:

Hi Supernal.
I already thanks the OP Valtina's for this amazing build. And now I will try you changes to move from Uber Defense to more damage.
Unfortunatelly, my pob is far away from your 2,5MM dmg, and I dunno why. My gear is not too bad compared to yours (I think).
Can you plz check my POB https://pastebin.com/5RQSivBi or my profile? Feel free to make sugestions, plz.

Thanks to all your contribution.
PS: If you could post your LV 100 POB, i will apreciate.

Grats.
Neo.

Hi, thank you!
I took a quick peek at your PoB, few suggestions so far:
1) Your EH jewel, you can hit that 2nd Slum lord node by removing points from those minor stat passives which are "price for glory" and unlock 2nd Slum Lord passive subsequently.
2)Empyrean Bliss cluster jewel with "First among equals" can be replaced with some other jewel with a damage passive or mana reservation to make space for more auras.
3)Gravepact and the nodes following it can be removed and free up some points for you for adding in more cluster jewels, I run precision to make up for lost accuracy.
4)Minion Life node above "Heart and Soul" can be removed and you can connect the node left of "H&S" to get more mana/es.
5)+1 Implicit Skin of Loyal would be a huge upgrade but they also cost a ton atm.
6)Circle of Guilt with good aura or minion implicit would be a huge upgrade, with the current item rarity one however you can run some T2 fractured maps and get yourself some decent currency for all upgrades, a decent amount of investment would be required in the initial map though.(~3-4ex at least?)
7)Get abyss jewels with 20% minion damage mod in your belt along with current mods, also try to get some good enchant on the belt as its fairly easy to hit any other enchant besides helmet with Gift to the Goddess(?)+Twice enchanted.
8)Granite Flask with increased armor % with a huge upgrade, I only run 1 and 1 writhing too.
9)Instead of Ruthless in your HoP links try to run Bloodlust if you can't afford Awakened Multistrike yet.

Feel free to make any of these changes.
A lot of your gear looks pretty decent and there's also room for huge improvements but they are currency walled, Idk how much currency you have before I can make any other suggestions. Also, you lucky dog with max roll fortress covenant I want that. haha

Yea for PoB I'm recording some boss kills to show how viable my endgame variation is, trying to do Sirus A9 atm but stuck with last guardian fortress atm and after hitting 100 I've just been too lazy about running maps and stuff.
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 17, 2021, 4:54:27 AM
"
Whoaaaaaa.... I just killed Sirus A8, only 1 death.
This is the first time I ever do this (with any build), so it feels great. :)

I did follow some suggestions from Supernal (thanks, man) and I did modify my tree to be able to run pride and dread banner.

The only thing I notice is that my spiders die and I have some trouble spawning them again. There are some points in the fight that it's me and cyclone (ugh) while I'm waiting for the sentinels to spawn and the flask to recharge (so i can summon spiders)

Hey man, grats with the kill! Hope you got some good loot. :)

So there's a couple things with spider spawning during boss fights which can be an issue. Here's some tips:
1) When you are killing a boss make sure to use "Signal prey" on them so your minions are always hitting the boss because when you dont do that and you still have couple spiders/sentinels left they will kill any worms you try to spawn to refresh your spiders. This way your minions are busy hitting the boss while you can go to a side and do your summoning of fresh spiders/reset their duration for existing ones.
2) You can always run an additional Writhing Jar till you are comfortable running just one.
3)If this is a problem with bosses like Sirus, try to enchant an extra Writhing Jar with more charges via Harvest crafting for situations like this.
Hope this helps!
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 17, 2021, 4:53:09 AM
"
_Supernal_ wrote:
Ok finally hit lvl 100, was doing this with 5mil dps per sentinel, 191k per spider at 6335 ES, 66k armour, block cap, res 75/80/75. Now I'll switch around some stuff to make use of final skill point and see how much +/- dps and defenses I end up at while maintaining 6K ES+. Survivability was not an issue at this point either.

Will post updated PoB once I settle down with final tree for those who are interested. Made some huge changes since last PoB which was at 2mil dps.
One thing to note about my variation is that it might not be for everyone, as insane amount of currency was invested in this, around 250~300ex for min-maxing each piece of gear as much as I could along with all 21/20 or 20/23 gems alternate quality gems whichever was suiting my build/needs more. Still need to roll some divines on some of the gear but I'm not too worried about that at this point.

Can I talk you into giving me the same build vivisection you did for the poster above?
I just hit 98 yesterday and I’ve got about 30-35 ex I can spend on upgrades. I’m going to try and hit 99 to take the last jewel socket before the league ends but that’s going to take a while and I want to make adjustments before then.
I think my damage is the limiting factor here. I don’t currently have the mana reservation to turn on dread banner, even if I take out clarity.
Last edited by baney123 on Mar 17, 2021, 8:37:29 AM
"
baney123 wrote:

Can I talk you into giving me the same build vivisection you did for the poster above?
I just hit 98 yesterday and I’ve got about 30-35 ex I can spend on upgrades. I’m going to try and hit 99 to take the last jewel socket before the league ends but that’s going to take a while and I want to make adjustments before then.
I think my damage is the limiting factor here. I don’t currently have the mana reservation to turn on dread banner, even if I take out clarity.

Hi, I looked at your character tab, I couldn't see the cluster jewels but my suggestion stays the same, go for mana reservation, stalwart and minion damage cluster jewels. Some of the suggestions to the person before you apply to you as well.
1)I also noticed you are not using Accuracy enchant on your dagger which gives you % main hand hit chance, which is really good in terms of maiming the enemy and helping you spawn your sentinels faster(90%+ chance preferred, higher the better).
2)I hope I didn't miss it but I saw you are not applying vulnerability on monsters/enemies anywhere, that's a decent chunk of dps and bleeding loss there.
3)I saw your boots aren't corrupted, that good! Which means you can run lab for boot enchant(shock 10% chance)I know that's not much but combined with other things its 20% chance still a decent boost unless you prefer something else. Same with your belt enchant with damage over time.
4)Anointed flesh and Gravepact can be ditched and substituted with more cluster jewels for reservation to make space for auras as well.
5)Clarity is alright but if you're not running clarity watcher's eye then there's better alternatives to that aura.
6)+2 Skill Gems Amulet is a huge upgrade and can take anywhere between 6-15ex to craft depending on your luck.
Of course these are just suggestions from my PoV by no means these are the most optimal changes and I'm definitely not the most experienced person in terms of gear suggestions as the last time I played the game was in Metamorph league. So take all this info with a grain of salt and then decide if you want to implement any of this. These are the things which worked for me pretty well and that's about it. Let me know if you need any other suggestions I'm always down to help in whatever capacity I can. :)
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 17, 2021, 10:03:01 AM
Hi Supernal, thank's you reply.
Nice cool suggestions! It's amazing how some "outside view" can see little things we ourself can't do :). Really apreciate.

Following your tips, i have some doubts and questions:

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

1) Your EH jewel, you can hit that 2nd Slum lord node by removing points from those minor stat passives which are "price for glory" and unlock 2nd Slum Lord passive subsequently.

> My Hubris has only 1 Slum Lord. I just "try" to simulate same effect (80% dmg) using your Hubris on POB, cause i dunno how to simulate same effect with my original one. I also got another Hubris that come with 2 X Slum Lord, but it needs 3 more point to get on tree, and i don't know where to remove points to take it;

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

2) 2)Empyrean Bliss cluster jewel with "First among equals" can be replaced with some other jewel with a damage passive or mana reservation to make space for more auras.

> I tried to follow you previous POB, but right now i was't able to find a cheap Cluster to change "First Among Us". When i do it, where could i put a new aura in my gear? Can't see any space...

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

3)Gravepact and the nodes following it can be removed and free up some points for you for adding in more cluster jewels, I run precision to make up for lost accuracy.

> These nodes could be the ones to remove and take 2nd Slum Lord i talked on topic 1. Doing that, where can i see how many Accuracy my minions have? How many they need to be good?

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

4)Minion Life node above "Heart and Soul" can be removed and you can connect the node left of "H&S" to get more mana/es.

> YES SIR!! :)

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

5)+1 Implicit Skin of Loyal would be a huge upgrade but they also cost a ton atm.

> I'm working on it. Just doing some farm to get exalts

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

6)Circle of Guilt with good aura or minion implicit would be a huge upgrade, with the current item rarity one however you can run some T2 fractured maps and get yourself some decent currency for all upgrades, a decent amount of investment would be required in the initial map though.(~3-4ex at least?)

> You are right! I dug hard for a best implicit on Circle of Guilt, but no sucess. I found good implicit but not high dmg for sentinels or low mana reduced, never all 3 together. For "T2 Fractured maps" you are talking about "Distant Memories" maps like "Codex"? If yes, any specific one?

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

7)Get abyss jewels with 20% minion damage mod in your belt along with current mods, also try to get some good enchant on the belt as its fairly easy to hit any other enchant besides helmet with Gift to the Goddess(?)+Twice enchanted.

> I will look for that minion dmg abyss jewel. About belt and helm enchants, i am just a little lazy to run labs, but you are right if i want to improve my char.

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

8)Granite Flask with increased armor % with a huge upgrade, I only run 1 and 1 writhing too.

> I will try that.

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

9)Instead of Ruthless in your HoP links try to run Bloodlust if you can't afford Awakened Multistrike yet.

> Can't buy awak multistrike, but I have a nice Divergent Bloodlust to change for Ruthless. Thanks!

"
_Supernal_ wrote:

Feel free to make any of these changes.
A lot of your gear looks pretty decent and there's also room for huge improvements but they are currency walled, Idk how much currency you have before I can make any other suggestions.

I will do all those changes and post again my PoB for more discussion. Thank's again for your help! Any changes about pob configs?

Grats
Neo.
Last edited by saskioamaral on Mar 17, 2021, 1:19:44 PM
"
saskioamaral wrote:
I tried to follow you previous POB, but right now i was't able to find a cheap Cluster to change "First Among Us". When i do it, where could i put a new aura in my gear? Can't see any space...

Least to most useful gems you can ditch in order to add in more auras in consideration to your current gem setup:
Clarity / Culling Strike-Cast When Stunned
"
saskioamaral wrote:
These nodes could be the ones to remove and take 2nd Slum Lord i talked on topic 1. Doing that, where can i see how many Accuracy my minions have? How many they need to be good?

I don't think there's a way to check for minion accuracy, at least not that I know of. I can go into detail as to how big or little of a difference would that node with minion accuracy make but without the base number its hard to guess, what I do know is running a 21/20 divergent precision more than makes up for the accuracy loss in my case.
"
saskioamaral wrote:
For "T2 Fractured maps" you are talking about "Distant Memories" maps like "Codex"? If yes, any specific one?

No I meant T2 fractured maps. It doesn't have to be T2 it can be T16, really depends on your dps and survivability as a whole and as to how fast will you be able to run them. Fractured maps as in 100% delirium juiced up maps.
"
saskioamaral wrote:
Any changes about pob configs?

Yes, turn off "Do your minions use power charges" unless they really do and the consecrated ground settings since you're not using bottled faith or similar other flask.
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 17, 2021, 2:08:54 PM
Hi, guys,

What do you do for stuns? I'm getting stunned to oblivion. Do you have any tips/tricks? :)

Thanks for all the help btw!
"
Hi, guys,

What do you do for stuns? I'm getting stunned to oblivion. Do you have any tips/tricks? :)

Thanks for all the help btw!

Soul of the Brine King Pantheon works pretty well

Edit: Just killed Sirus A9, pretty easy except the fact that I should have looked up his mechanics instead of brute forcing through it(lol), had a small hiccup and a bit of lag around the last phase cause of recording but was easy overall. Now I just need to put some of these clips together.
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 18, 2021, 1:27:07 PM
Yeah, I have Soul of the Brine King... still keep getting chilled/stunned quite often... :-/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info