[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
_Supernal_ wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:
what are you guys using for your panethon? I know OP uses Brine king but i feel like the stun isnt a killer. I'm occasionally dying via degen or by getting one shotted even with 7k ES so i'm assuming i'm shocked (need to start videoing myself to confirm). thinking of swapping to arakaali for some benefit there.

personally unless its against sirus and i need the flasks, i'm using abberath as my minor for ignite/burning

I find Brine King pretty useful but I do play around with minor pantheons every now and then, as for degen effects one of the counters to that I believe is Vaal Discipline which is perfect in combination with Soul Ripper(51~55 charges).

For one shot problem, I haven't gotten one shot in last few levels I've made which I guess I could attribute to reduced critical damage taken but needless to say there's still a couple things which could 1 shot you regardless of your ES being as high as it could be, for example exploding enemies which deal % of thier hp as dmamage to you(idk whats this called specifically, detonate dead maybe?).

For flasks, I guess you are referring to Writhing Jar, I only use one of those never really felt the need of two, and I keep extra enchanted Writhing jars in a stash tab with "+100 maximum charges" Enchant which I got through Harvest crafts, and I just swap them out for a fight like Sirus encounter.

ok i never grabbed a soul ripper. i see they are like 3 ex, so maybe i'll grab one. was saving up for a good rolled aegis with the spell block (only 70 atm).
"
jjmccaw wrote:

ok i never grabbed a soul ripper. i see they are like 3 ex, so maybe i'll grab one. was saving up for a good rolled aegis with the spell block (only 70 atm).

Yea those are expensive, I'd say get one if you really need it, it's pretty useful with your Vaal Discipline(VD) tied to an increased duration support. Practically you get 2 uses of VD at map boss fights, if the bosses are surviving long that is. But yes Soul Ripper is mostly useless against Solo Boss fights like Sirus and some of the Maven Invites etc as its pretty hard if not impossible to gain charges for it.

So pretty useful in map clears but solo boss fights you'd fare better with some other flask.
thanks Super.

anyone think about moving out Holy Relic and moving in Carrion Golem? Since we have those 20 spiders running around (especially on bosses) i feel like the carrion buff (+27-41 damage per non golem minion) would be insane. if relic is only giving us life regen if i'm reading it and HoP can be sustained via new hits, it knid of makes sense?
"
jjmccaw wrote:
thanks Super.

anyone think about moving out Holy Relic and moving in Carrion Golem? Since we have those 20 spiders running around (especially on bosses) i feel like the carrion buff (+27-41 damage per non golem minion) would be insane. if relic is only giving us life regen if i'm reading it and HoP can be sustained via new hits, it knid of makes sense?

I think per non-golem minion damage is meant for the golem itself not the buff.
"Golems grant (7-27) to (11-41) additional Physical Damage for Non-Golem Minions
Golems deal 5% more Damage per Non-Golem Minion near them, up to 50%"
"
_Supernal_ wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:
thanks Super.

I think per non-golem minion damage is meant for the golem itself not the buff.
"Golems grant (7-27) to (11-41) additional Physical Damage for Non-Golem Minions
Golems deal 5% more Damage per Non-Golem Minion near them, up to 50%"

i was referring to the raw (27-41) damage. i guess that buff is not per minion, so its capped at only +27-41 damage.

Summon Carrion Golem is a minion spell skill. It summons a Golem that grants added physical damage to your non-Golem minions. The Carrion Golem attacks with melee attacks: a leaping slam, a series of slashes, and a ground slam that sends a cascade of bones spikes. The Carrion Golem gains more damage for each allied non-Golem minion around it, up to a cap of 50% more with 10 nearby non-Golem minions.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Carrion_Golem

Edit - if you go anamolous you also can get 20% inc buff which i would think would make it 32-49. carrion also has a few slams. i'm going to try it out tonight
Last edited by jjmccaw on Mar 8, 2021, 5:39:14 PM
"
jjmccaw wrote:
thanks Super.

ald done this before finally sticking to holy relic, for me it's good in theory but actually super bad idea. I do Carrion Golem + CwS + feeding frenzy and all carrion golem do is jump to enemies then die in 5s, resulting i need to get stunned/resummon to maintain feeding frenzy buff. Summoning spiders is not a problem with carrion golem since i'm used to summoning spiders now.
Yes it give more dps ~2-3% but it's annoying af, i rather stick with holy relic since it die less and easy to sustain especially for feeding frenzy slave. If you can solve the feeding frenzy problem/golems dead then it's better
Yeah I tried it briefly but the Golem was hardly ever up, the loss of Feeding Frenzy (10% damage, 10% movement speed, 10% attack speed) is worth a lot more than some flat damage. Maybe if it had Meat Shield as well and you self-cast it, it might do a little better but this build doesn't really need another thing to self-cast.

I went back to relic pretty quick. I will say that getting the Divergent Cast When Stunned has felt like the relic is up more consistently now which is nice. Probably the perfect world would be to have cyclone summon the relic but that's too many links for this build.
I just bought build and I like it, but I'm dead With t 10 + maps atm. What is the key for immortality If I'm lvl 80 now? :) I can earn some currency with my second (fast mapper) build but now i have maybe max 4 ex if change currency. resist cap Idk how to link jewels from tree but stalwart commander + corrupted blood+ I'm planning buy rest cheap from guide but I see I need passives from tree too. I want def before damage for safe leveling.

Last edited by Zakk777 on Mar 9, 2021, 9:05:18 PM
"
Zakk777 wrote:
I just bought build and I like it, but I'm dead With t 10 + maps atm. What is the key for immortality If I'm lvl 80 now? :) I can earn some currency with my second (fast mapper) build but now i have maybe max 4 ex if change currency. resist cap Idk how to link jewels from tree but stalwart commander + corrupted blood+ I'm planning buy rest cheap from guide but I see I need passives from tree too. I want def before damage for safe leveling.

So you do have resists capped you mean, right? What's your blocks, ES and armor values? Do you also have a watcher's eye? Of course higher the level the more stats/defenses you'll have through the tree as well.
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 10, 2021, 12:04:20 AM
"
_Supernal_ wrote:

So you do have resists capped you mean, right? What's your blocks, ES and armor values? Do you also have a watcher's eye? Of course higher the level the more stats/defenses you'll have through the tree as well.
Ok I had lightning res from Life/ res cruel prep. node but I"m just going to back to it with healthy mind and planning find cluster with res for it. But now the lowest is lightning (76%)

I have:
37kk armour
5,1kk es
75/72 block

Usually I'm dead with ritual altars.Sometimes I feel my block healing is too low for compensate (some dot?) damage. Or monster not hitting me enough?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info