[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Ok. I have 50kk armour in ho with auras. Is that fine or i missed something?
"
Zakk777 wrote:

To be honest, I think that's low. Your tree doesn't really seem optimal, you can get a lot more out of the area around your Healthy Mind gem. I see at least another 5K armor there for you if you grab Cruel Preparation and Deep Thoughts, and a similar amount if you can get two +5 int +5 mana Split Personality jewels on the far cluster (those are super cheap but a huge ES + armor buff).

Here's my latest PoB: https://pastebin.com/4SZ8GxKH

You might not be able to get the same out of some of the gear or jewels (particularly the Timeless and Watcher's Eye can be expensive) I have without more investment, but the cluster jewels are relatively affordable and make a big difference. I don't bother with Righteous Army or Redemption, as I aimed for survivability first *then* DPS, and at this point I've only died with really bad map mods (lowered armor, lowered block chance and no regen is probably the toughest combo for this build) and once I got to around 600K DPS I was doing T16 comfortably quickly, more is nice but I think I beat A5 shaper when I was around 600K DPS. But I had about 7-8K ES and 70K-80K armor then and that helps a lot. You want capped resists, keep fortify up and use Molten Shield tactically.

I like that while there's a few more buttons to press on this build than some, you don't really need much reflexes except to mash flasks for bleed/ignite or flame dash to avoid the bubble fireballs. Cyclone lets you drift through enemies so you don't get stuck which is great, and with Molten Shield and flasks on it's very hard for this build to die (for harder fights I just alternate between Granite Flask with anti-bleed and Molten Shield).

Next league I might try to theorycraft something with the defensive measures of this build but with totems or maybe traps, minions are pretty great though.
Last edited by King_Haart on Mar 11, 2021, 5:33:40 AM
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
Zakk777 wrote:

To be honest, I think that's low. Your tree doesn't really seem optimal, you can get a lot more out of the area around your Healthy Mind gem. I see at least another 5K armor there for you if you grab Cruel Preparation and Deep Thoughts, and a similar amount if you can get two +5 int +5 mana Split Personality jewels on the far cluster (those are super cheap but a huge ES + armor buff).

Here's my latest PoB: https://pastebin.com/4SZ8GxKH

You might not be able to get the same out of some of the gear or jewels (particularly the Timeless and Watcher's Eye can be expensive) I have without more investment, but the cluster jewels are relatively affordable and make a big difference. I don't bother with Righteous Army or Redemption, as I aimed for survivability first *then* DPS, and at this point I've only died with really bad map mods (lowered armor, lowered block chance and no regen is probably the toughest combo for this build) and once I got to around 600K DPS I was doing T16 comfortably quickly, more is nice but I think I beat A5 shaper when I was around 600K DPS. But I had about 7-8K ES and 70K-80K armor then and that helps a lot. You want capped resists, keep fortify up and use Molten Shield tactically.

I like that while there's a few more buttons to press on this build than some, you don't really need much reflexes except to mash flasks for bleed/ignite or flame dash to avoid the bubble fireballs. Cyclone lets you drift through enemies so you don't get stuck which is great, and with Molten Shield and flasks on it's very hard for this build to die (for harder fights I just alternate between Granite Flask with anti-bleed and Molten Shield).

Next league I might try to theorycraft something with the defensive measures of this build but with totems or maybe traps, minions are pretty great though.
I can see my error was minion dps clusters but i should stacking more mana. But your tree and jewels are totally different. What jewels from my basic - guide set should i drop first for what? I can earn some currency for that with this, or my second build but what is most important? I didn't know I can stacking cluster passives like commander... ok Now 57kk armour with auras, 64 kk with molten shell on move after basic passives U said.
Last edited by Zakk777 on Mar 11, 2021, 6:50:26 AM
"
gergmt wrote:

Got a double slum lord jewel which only requires 2 points

128880 Caspiro

Bro, thanks for that, just bought one for 30C ^^
"
MrOuzo wrote:
"
gergmt wrote:

Got a double slum lord jewel which only requires 2 points

128880 Caspiro

Bro, thanks for that, just bought one for 30C ^^

I have too XD Hi wanted 20 c but i paid 2 ancients for that. I'm gangsta XD The only good way is refreshing trade site
"
Zakk777 wrote:
Thx for help. I'll try to take more armour and maybe run lab for boots enchant too.

I’m at around 7.4K es with whatever armor and the main problems I have are degens and crit mod on maps (which kills me more than -res honestly)

The rituals that apply unpurgable damage debuff are probably what are killing you in the rituals more than the actual enemies, and watch out for crit mods until your gear improves.

It’s surprisingly good for duos. Turns out getting two mediocre damage auras from a teammate was all the build needed to feel efficient. Gonna try to get dread banner and pride going forward , or maybe a watchers eye
Last edited by baney123 on Mar 11, 2021, 4:48:01 PM
"
baney123 wrote:
"
Zakk777 wrote:
Thx for help. I'll try to take more armour and maybe run lab for boots enchant too.

I’m at around 7.4K es with whatever armor and the main problems I have are degens and crit mod on maps (which kills me more than -res honestly)

The rituals that apply unpurgable damage debuff are probably what are killing you in the rituals more than the actual enemies, and watch out for crit mods until your gear improves.

It’s surprisingly good for duos. Turns out getting two mediocre damage auras from a teammate was all the build needed to feel efficient. Gonna try to get dread banner and pride going forward , or maybe a watchers eye
I've got 67kk(or more I'm not in game and I'm not sure) with auras only and watcher for crit reduction. Yesterday I just opened strongbox t 16 minotaur not crazy roll and died instantly wtf xp Now i feel i can take big damage easy but there are strange deaths still. Strongest bosses I killed was hezmin electric shaper guardian and mino and I totally face tank them.

One more question: Is the cult leader and disciples really important if i have 160% minion damage from slum Lord? I know it's 50% minion damage but I'm thinking about one more stalwart commander cluster. I'm planning kill sirius shaper elder and UE and I don't know what could be better. Is 6kk es and some like 70kk armour without buffs enough for them?
Last edited by Zakk777 on Mar 12, 2021, 4:02:07 AM
"
Zakk777 wrote:
"
baney123 wrote:
"
Zakk777 wrote:

I've got 67kk(or more I'm not in game and I'm not sure) with auras only and watcher for crit reduction. Yesterday I just opened strongbox t 16 minotaur not crazy roll and died instantly wtf xp Now i feel i can take big damage easy but there are strange deaths still. Strongest bosses I killed was hezmin electric shaper guardian and mino and I totally face tank them.

One more question: Is the cult leader and disciples really important if i have 160% minion damage from slum Lord? I know it's 50% minion damage but I'm thinking about one more stalwart commander cluster. I'm planning kill sirius shaper elder and UE and I don't know what could be better. Is 6kk es and some like 70kk armour without buffs enough for them? I'm lvl 90 now

"
Zakk777 wrote:
One more question: Is the cult leader and disciples really important if i have 160% minion damage from slum Lord? I know it's 50% minion damage but I'm thinking about one more stalwart commander cluster. I'm planning kill sirius shaper elder and UE and I don't know what could be better. Is 6kk es and some like 70kk armour without buffs enough for them?

Can't speak to Shaper or Elder but I've done A5 Sirus twice now at level 96. I have about 9.5K ES and just under 70k armor (only 85% phys damage reduction). Also have a 2xslum lord jewel as well as a +1/+1 Skin for around 1.1M DPS (1.5 when I switch to my second weapon, Cold Iron Point, though then I lose spiders). And with all that, it still takes me quite a few minutes and I had one point where I was down under 1K ES. So if you do take on those endgame bosses, you might still die a couple of times so try to attempt it right after leveling up.

I think you'd get benefit from 2x Split Personalities where you have the Watcher's Eye and small cluster jewel, and drop some passives elsewhere (Righteous Army, Redemption, Holy Dominion are all pretty expendable) to get a 2nd large cluster for more jewel slots.

For strongboxes, I always cast Molten Shell first, you can get frozen and then blitzed otherwise. Though now I have Cyclopean Coil and just picked up these boots:

Need to figure out if I want to try to farm a Harvest craft to recolor them in a way that hopefully keeps the white socket, or if I should just switch to them. I lose a little ES and resists but Freeze has nearly killed me quite a few times now. Starting to feel like there's not much more room to grow on my character aside from a few enchants here and there. Might give it a rest soon so I don't burn out ahead of next league, whenever that is.
"
King_Haart wrote:

I've got a similar pair of boots I intend to switch to in a day or two, that's a good craft I didn't remember about, might just craft that onto the boots once I augment some speed on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info