[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hello, I have a question to ask for your build. I did saw the video in which you fight sirus. On that video you have on your ''walking'' box Desecrate. I did assume you had it there to activate it but when I saw the video it wasn't triggered or anything like how molten shell does. Why you have it there for ?

p.s I do know you do explain it but i didnt understand what you do (not gonna lie) or at least when i tried myself it didnt work.
Last edited by Elensap on Mar 10, 2021, 7:38:11 AM
"
Zakk777 wrote:
"
_Supernal_ wrote:

So you do have resists capped you mean, right? What's your blocks, ES and armor values? Do you also have a watcher's eye? Of course higher the level the more stats/defenses you'll have through the tree as well.
Ok I had lightning res from Life/ res cruel prep. node but I"m just going to back to it with healthy mind and planning find cluster with res for it. But now the lowest is lightning (76%)

I have:
37kk armour
5,1kk es
75/72 block

Usually I'm dead with ritual altars.Sometimes I feel my block healing is too low for compensate (some dot?) damage. Or monster not hitting me enough?

I'm guessing those values are 37K armor and 5100 ES. Your armor value is too low, in order for block to regenerate against incoming damage you need more armor as its I think 2% armor as ES regen. on block. What flasks do you use? Try to procure a "Experimenter's Granite flask of Iron Skin" for much needed armor boost. Follow the guide's leveling section and tree follow up as such.
Also get a Watcher's eye with "+Armor while affected by determination". In case your Armor value is still too low to hit up 90% physical damage reduction with the mentioned flask, you can also use a "Basalt Flask of Staunching" which gives u added Phys reduction and immunity to bleeding for the time being.
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 10, 2021, 8:15:08 AM
Thx for help. I'll try to take more armour and maybe run lab for boots enchant too.
Last edited by Zakk777 on Mar 10, 2021, 9:08:41 AM
"
_Supernal_ wrote:
"
Zakk777 wrote:
"
_Supernal_ wrote:

So you do have resists capped you mean, right? What's your blocks, ES and armor values? Do you also have a watcher's eye? Of course higher the level the more stats/defenses you'll have through the tree as well.
Ok I had lightning res from Life/ res cruel prep. node but I"m just going to back to it with healthy mind and planning find cluster with res for it. But now the lowest is lightning (76%)

I have:
37kk armour
5,1kk es
75/72 block

Usually I'm dead with ritual altars.Sometimes I feel my block healing is too low for compensate (some dot?) damage. Or monster not hitting me enough?

I'm guessing those values are 37K armor and 5100 ES. Your armor value is too low, in order for block to regenerate against incoming damage you need more armor as its I think 2% armor as ES regen. on block. What flasks do you use? Try to procure a "Experimenter's Granite flask of Iron Skin" for much needed armor boost. Follow the guide's leveling section and tree follow up as such.
Also get a Watcher's eye with "+Armor while affected by determination". In case your Armor value is still too low to hit up 90% physical damage reduction with the mentioned flask, you can also use a "Basalt Flask of Staunching" which gives u added Phys reduction and immunity to bleeding for the time being.

Echoing supernal, you really need levels i think then it'll fall into place.

@Supernal - why do you keep raising the price of that shield!? i was waiting for it to start going down ha
So I am not rich enough to gear up to really make HoP worth the spend. Plus I play on Xbox which means pushing 18 buttons can be challenging. I found a nice compromise that is not as offensive as the build here but is EXTREMELY TANKY... I mean this dude ain't gonna die except to some weird DoT things that I don't understand in the game which are far and few in between. You are welcome to look at my lvl 95 Spiders character to see the build. My armor is up around 200K so I am getting 4K back per block... so unless the block is missed I don't take damage... I also have Molten Shell on 75% of the time and for the 3 seconds that it recharges I always give a big Enduring Cry for the additional Phys damage reduction plus Life/ES recharge if I am in a crowd. Then as soon as MS is back I hit it and I am completely unkillable for another 7 seconds...

I have tweaked this OP build for months now to try to find something that I like on the console and I believe I have finally found it. Only draw back is damage output is lacking which only shows up against the BIG boss fights like Sirus and Uber Elder.

The only "normal" map boss that gives me grief is Phoenix. I don't understand what it is about that boss that gives me such a problem as the other 3 guardians do virtually nothing to me. But I won't fight the Phoenix if I don't want to risk death do to EXP.

Thanks again for the base build. GRACE + IRON REFLEXES + This build concept = 200K 130K armor with no flasks and 200K with flasks. That plus MS = the greatest tank I have ever played.
"
So I am not rich enough to gear up to really make HoP worth the spend. Plus I play on Xbox which means pushing 18 buttons can be challenging. I found a nice compromise that is not as offensive as the build here but is EXTREMELY TANKY... I mean this dude ain't gonna die except to some weird DoT things that I don't understand in the game which are far and few in between. You are welcome to look at my lvl 95 Spiders character to see the build. My armor is up around 200K so I am getting 4K back per block... so unless the block is missed I don't take damage... I also have Molten Shell on 75% of the time and for the 3 seconds that it recharges I always give a big Enduring Cry for the additional Phys damage reduction plus Life/ES recharge if I am in a crowd. Then as soon as MS is back I hit it and I am completely unkillable for another 7 seconds...

I have tweaked this OP build for months now to try to find something that I like on the console and I believe I have finally found it. Only draw back is damage output is lacking which only shows up against the BIG boss fights like Sirus and Uber Elder.

The only "normal" map boss that gives me grief is Phoenix. I don't understand what it is about that boss that gives me such a problem as the other 3 guardians do virtually nothing to me. But I won't fight the Phoenix if I don't want to risk death do to EXP.

Thanks again for the base build. GRACE + IRON REFLEXES + This build concept = 200K 130K armor with no flasks and 200K with flasks. That plus MS = the greatest tank I have ever played.

Hey Keyser,

you are missing the HoP in the 6-Link body armour, that reduces your damage to the spiders only and beyond T14 or some tier like that you need more damage with Heralds.

when you like you get some hints and upgrades, the explanations and defensive layers with this interesting build also:

3.13 Endgame: The Agonyca Arachnophobia Allstars - 8 mill dmg, 8000+ ES, top 140000 Armour, 90% pdr, 2800 ES on max block[/b]

Agony and Arakaali
Managuardian
max layers of defences

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705

Perhaps aul's uprising amulet is a attracting choice for taking the 3 big auras determination, discipline and grace (for HoP probably with determination reserves no mana and strength). Damage, passive tree, clusters and ringslots are ready to be optimized with it.

And yes, I agree, getting vaal grace as backup for other cooldowns of molten shell and double armour for big hits and double Es on block is top op and tanky-tanky-tanky. With these shining defences it is easy to change other stats and other passives optimal in more damage and qol.

In the build in the spoiler "Pack of purity" is also the HoP Edition found to try both Heralds easy and the HoA with it's more damage and faster clearspeed. The variant if you prefer cyclone is in the spoiler "gear, skills, links", but the possibility of attacking both ranged and melee is recommended in this build. Thanks a lot to Vatinas again for his great build here!

On page 25 of the buildthread you'll find the different stats and styles, ups and downs, of HoP and HoA explained:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/25

Greetings :-)
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 10, 2021, 7:34:29 PM
"
jjmccaw wrote:

@Supernal - why do you keep raising the price of that shield!? i was waiting for it to start going down ha

Its the last one I have with 399%, I think the one you're referring to I already sold. lol
"
_Supernal_ wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:

Its the last one I have with 399%, I think the one you're referring to I already sold. lol

ahh. well if you have one thats ~200 ES you are holding out on lmk :). what success % are you at in doing it? i corrupted about 10. hit +1 on one but havent hit spell block yet
"
jjmccaw wrote:

ahh. well if you have one thats ~200 ES you are holding out on lmk :). what success % are you at in doing it? i corrupted about 10. hit +1 on one but havent hit spell block yet

Did about 60ish shields and had about 6-7 total I think with 4~5% block and some with other implicit, I do have one more(212 ES) along with a lot of different parts of alternate gear which I'm kinda saving for myself incase I overhaul my build again at level 100(right now at 99). If I do sell it I'll pm you. lol
"
gergmt wrote:

Got a double slum lord jewel which only requires 2 points

128880 Caspiro

Thanks for sharing the number, I was able to pick one of these up today for 10ex (not sure if I overpaid or not, but it's certainly the biggest upgrade I can get without really sacrificing something else at this point).

I am now selling my previous jewel (56980 Caspiro) that turns Arcanist's Dominion into Slumlord for 5ex or best offer, PM me here or in game if interested. While it doesn't have 2x slumlords, the one it does have is in pretty much the best spot for this tree as it doesn't really take extra points to get beyond allocating the jewel itself (3 points) which many builds will do anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info