[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Gitska wrote:
Hey thanks for the guide. Fun build, super tanky, meh dps (in t16+ anyhow). Enjoying it now in 3.13.

It may have been mentioned before, but I wanted to note that if you grab a medium aura-effect cluster jewel with both Uncompromising (30% reduced determination reservation) and Self-Control (30% reduced discipline reservation), then it works out so you only need one Circle of Guilt ring. I find freeing up one ring slot introduced some flexibility to the build.

2 circle of guilt rings is pretty mandatory for acceptable dps
"
"
Gitska wrote:
Hey thanks for the guide. Fun build, super tanky, meh dps (in t16+ anyhow). Enjoying it now in 3.13.

It may have been mentioned before, but I wanted to note that if you grab a medium aura-effect cluster jewel with both Uncompromising (30% reduced determination reservation) and Self-Control (30% reduced discipline reservation), then it works out so you only need one Circle of Guilt ring. I find freeing up one ring slot introduced some flexibility to the build.

2 circle of guilt rings is pretty mandatory for acceptable dps

Good point. I underestimated the increased damage. The second circle of guilt is about +20% total dps in Path of Building.
"
Gitska wrote:

A med cluster with both those mods is a tough find.

Determination frees up more mana, just reminding all readers.

Alternatively, one can look for a Megalomanic with Uncompromising plus Disciples or Cult leader, for extra dps. The freed mana can go into Dread Banner.
What would be a good replacement for boots, if spell block is caped otherwise? Is Death's Door Crusader Boots a viable choice cause of "50% increased Elemental Ailment Duration on you" with an acceptable tradeoff for "Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you"? That will allow me to use a freeze/chill imune flask instead of bleeding imune.
I'm still uncertain how to improve here, any advise is welcomed.
"
Exxi wrote:
What would be a good replacement for boots, if spell block is caped otherwise? Is Death's Door Crusader Boots a viable choice cause of "50% increased Elemental Ailment Duration on you" with an acceptable tradeoff for "Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you"? That will allow me to use a freeze/chill imune flask instead of bleeding imune.

You're thinking along same lines as I would: ailments are the main issue when it comes survivability.

bleed, ignite immunity.
es regen.
more ES.
more armour for +es on block. (this is marginal gain for just a boot slot, i think. Unsure.)

Someone on the ladder has generic resist ES boots and took off their belt for a diff belt, cyclopean coil perhaps and the natural int > str > dex it's full shock/ignite/freeze immunity at the cost of the abyss jewels. Leaves flask room for +ARMOUR, Vaal Flask or anything really. Seems really nice.

And someone else mentioned, earlier in this thread, about using the new unique charge belt that grants ES Regen on taking ele damage can be a nice layer of regen based defence especially if your map is rolled with +% enemey ele dmg.

Both are intriguing ideas.

In the end, higher EHP for taking super big (elemental) hits and/or DoT damage mitigation is what i would go for.

I'm going to study the Herald of Agony version which uses all the same uniques but more clusters to see how the OP of that post gets way higher Effective HP than ours.

Last edited by enemymigs on Feb 2, 2021, 6:51:44 PM
"
enemymigs wrote:
"
Exxi wrote:

You're thinking along same lines as I would: ailments are the main issue when it comes survivability.

bleed, ignite immunity.
es regen.
more ES.
more armour for +es on block. (this is marginal gain for just a boot slot, i think. Unsure.)

Someone on the ladder has generic resist ES boots and took off their belt for a diff belt, cyclopean coil perhaps and the natural int > str > dex it's full shock/ignite/freeze immunity at the cost of the abyss jewels. Leaves flask room for +ARMOUR, Vaal Flask or anything really. Seems really nice.

And someone else mentioned, earlier in this thread, about using the new unique charge belt that grants ES Regen on taking ele damage can be a nice layer of regen based defence especially if your map is rolled with +% enemey ele dmg.

In the end, higher EHP for taking super big (elemental) hits and/or DoT damage mitigation is what i would go for.

I'm going to study the Herald of Agony version which uses all the same uniques but more clusters to see how the OP of that post gets way higher Effective HP than ours.

I love Vatinas build and his very, very good and deep explanations and the central melee style.

For more Clusters, melee and ranged styles combined and more substain perhaps take a look at the Arachnophibia Allstars: a build with Herald of Agony changes and a lot of similar gear. Thanks a very lot to Vatinas, with his build this build got possible. I proudly present:

3.13 Endgame: The Agonyca Arachnophobia Allstars - 5 mill dmg, 9000+ ES, top 120000 Armour, 2400 ES on max block

Agony and Arakaali

www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 2, 2021, 7:10:52 PM
That herald of agony build cant take bigger hits because he has no fortify. That 20% more ES means nothing without fortify.

What you want is shock and ignite immunity.

From a pure block point of view, 1k ES getting back from block is enough anything bigger needs to be mitigated though other means anyway.

Playing a lot of builds like that, using cylcone over something like ball lightning feels way better.

I think you dont even need culling strike because the poison of your spiders takes care of resummoning spiders anyway.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 2, 2021, 7:19:10 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
That herald of agony build cant take bigger hits because he has no fortify. That 20% more ES means nothing without fortify.

What you want is shock and ignite immunity.

From a pure block point of view, 1k ES getting back from block is enough anything bigger needs to be mitigated though other means anyway.

Playing a lot of builds like that, using cylcone over something like ball lightning feels way better.

I think you dont even need culling strike because the poison of your spiders takes care of resummoning spiders anyway.

4000/ sec frostshield with up to 60% dr is the fortify for casters, incl. chill. POB shows big ehp. :-) It works without attacking. But you cannot move like cyclone in melee, that is right.

I played both builds and love both. 2400 Es on block is tankier.
So I love the tankyness of this build and how cheaply it can be set up early league but the damage is absolutely abysmal.

Has anyone figured out a solution for the terrible damage? I am focusing on simulacrum farming but with the awful damage, you can't get enough reward stacks to make it as profitable as it should be. Again, the tankyness is there just not the damage sadly.
"
Chromino wrote:
"
enemymigs wrote:
"
Exxi wrote:

bleed, ignite immunity.
es regen.
more ES.

I love Vatinas build and his very, very good and deep explanations and the central melee style.

For more Clusters, melee and ranged styles combined and more substain perhaps take a look at the Arachnophibia Allstars: a build with Herald of Agony changes and a lot of similar gear. Thanks a very lot to Vatinas, with his build this build got possible. I proudly present:

3.13 Endgame: The Agonyca Arachnophobia Allstars - 5 mill dmg, 9000+ ES, top 120000 Armour, 2400 ES on max block

Agony and Arakaali

www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705

As I posted earlier the biggest issue with these builds is the low damage. 2-3 years ago bragging about 5m dmg was legit but unfortunately now if a build doesn't have 10m+ dps it is rough (for farming simulacrums at least). Is it just not possible to use this gear and find a skill that does more dps? I built a character this league that is as tanky as these builds but did about 12-15m dps which was enough for what I was doing but it cost 150ex instead of either of these builds which on the high end might cost 30-50ex. I am at a loss at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info