[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hey all!

First I'd like to say I played this build previous season and loved it so I decided to starter it this time around.

I was having problems last season with getting destroyed by DoT's cus I was an idiot and forgot about the corrupted blood jewel. So this time I didn't forget. But lately I'm again getting deleted by some DoT's and don't know what is killing me since I die so fast I cant check on the bar what's affecting me. I try to not stand on stuff that cause DoT's but sometimes with 300k mobs on screen it's not possible to do so.

I have all the uniques, the jewels (except for the watchers eye) and enough mana to use all 6 links in the armor. The only thing I don't have is last ascendancy since I for the life of me can't get the last trial I need to spawn.

Maybe I overlooked something but with the gear I have I don't think I should be having this much trouble at low tier red maps.

Anyway, any help is appreciated, as always :)

"
viper9494 wrote:
So I love the tankyness of this build and how cheaply it can be set up early league but the damage is absolutely abysmal.

Has anyone figured out a solution for the terrible damage? I am focusing on simulacrum farming but with the awful damage, you can't get enough reward stacks to make it as profitable as it should be. Again, the tankyness is there just not the damage sadly.

Dunno Im sitting at a bit over 6.5 million combined sentinel + spider dps and it feels smooth.

A good way to make clear faster is switching predator with awakened minion damage on the spiders because signal prey does not much for clear.

"
Chromino wrote:

4000/ sec frostshield with up to 60% dr is the fortify for casters, incl. chill. POB shows big ehp. :-) It works without attacking. But you cannot move like cyclone in melee, that is right.

I played both builds and love both. 2400 Es on block is tankier.

The problem of frost shield is that it also triggers when allies get hit so if your spiders get hit (even if they do not take damage) or your HoP sentinels it will get removed from frost shields HP.

So which one is better? I guess HoP feels smoother and HoAG is better for super deep delving ect.?

Last edited by Zerber on Feb 3, 2021, 10:35:30 AM
"
Burekcevap wrote:
Hey all!

First I'd like to say I played this build previous season and loved it so I decided to starter it this time around.

I was having problems last season with getting destroyed by DoT's cus I was an idiot and forgot about the corrupted blood jewel. So this time I didn't forget. But lately I'm again getting deleted by some DoT's and don't know what is killing me since I die so fast I cant check on the bar what's affecting me. I try to not stand on stuff that cause DoT's but sometimes with 300k mobs on screen it's not possible to do so.

I have all the uniques, the jewels (except for the watchers eye) and enough mana to use all 6 links in the armor. The only thing I don't have is last ascendancy since I for the life of me can't get the last trial I need to spawn.

Maybe I overlooked something but with the gear I have I don't think I should be having this much trouble at low tier red maps.

Anyway, any help is appreciated, as always :)

I noticed that "Ignite" and overall some fire skills hurts me the most, maybe that's also the case for you. I assume that happens because my build is still not complete. Overall build is great, tankiness and decent dps are nice tho it's not completely my play style.
Last edited by wutyfy on Feb 3, 2021, 10:11:10 AM
I managed to get "Death's Door Crusader Boots" and "Cyclopean Coil Leather Belt" with pretty much perfect stats and gained imunity to ignite, shock, bleeding while only sacrifycing like 350-400 ES @ lvl 100 (PoB estimate). Imho that's a fair tradeoff, besides that it seems the gearing choice of my build somehow results in alot more EHP in PoB, don't know why yet.

Still working on skill gems and minor things, but i guess i'm in the min/max-endgame now :)
"
Zerber wrote:
"
viper9494 wrote:
So I love the tankyness of this build and how cheaply it can be set up early league but the damage is absolutely abysmal.

Has anyone figured out a solution for the terrible damage? I am focusing on simulacrum farming but with the awful damage, you can't get enough reward stacks to make it as profitable as it should be. Again, the tankyness is there just not the damage sadly.

Dunno Im sitting at a bit over 6.5 million combined sentinel + spider dps and it feels smooth.

A good way to make clear faster is switching predator with awakened minion damage on the spiders because signal prey does not much for clear.

"
Chromino wrote:

4000/ sec frostshield with up to 60% dr is the fortify for casters, incl. chill. POB shows big ehp. :-) It works without attacking. But you cannot move like cyclone in melee, that is right.

I played both builds and love both. 2400 Es on block is tankier.

The problem of frost shield is that it also triggers when allies get hit so if your spiders get hit (even if they do not take damage) or your HoP sentinels it will get removed from frost shields HP.

So which one is better? I guess HoP feels smoother and HoAG is better for super deep delving ect.?

Hi Zerber,

you're sure spiders taking frostshield really? Very interesting for me. I never had problems with frostshield and spiders.

HoA and spiders are immortal and cannot be targeted and can't take damage: "immunity to damage" and cannot taunt too is noticed in monsterstats in poe-gamepedia. Only HoP can take damage and other minions. HoP will use frostshield, yes, but spiders not.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Raise_Spiders

(And you can double frostshield practical with blindings (50% EV) into practical 8000/sec. Most time all minions are outside of frostshield too and knockback smaller mobs. It is only a backup for cooldowns of molten shell.
You can switch fortify with shieldcharge in, but not recommended, take too much time without cyclone.)

And can spiders (or HoA) taunt? Is "cannot taunt" overwritten by minions # chance to taunt on jewel?
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 3, 2021, 8:58:30 PM
"
Exxi wrote:
I managed to get "Death's Door Crusader Boots" and "Cyclopean Coil Leather Belt" with pretty much perfect stats and gained imunity to ignite, shock, bleeding while only sacrifycing like 350-400 ES @ lvl 100 (PoB estimate). Imho that's a fair tradeoff, besides that it seems the gearing choice of my build somehow results in alot more EHP in PoB, don't know why yet.

Still working on skill gems and minor things, but i guess i'm in the min/max-endgame now :)

why death's door? to free up COrrupted Blood jewel and a flask?

Cyclopean grants Shock and Ignite immune so you'd still need a flask or just take freezes. Most of us take the ailment nodes in center of tree for needed resists and they decrease freeze duration.

But cyclopean requires different boots than rainbows due to missing resists and Death's DOor doesn't fully cover those. How do you cover resists?
This build isn't tanky at all. I die so damn much with it. Screw this build it's honestly one of the worst I have ever wasted my time on.
"
enemymigs wrote:
"
Exxi wrote:

why death's door? to free up COrrupted Blood jewel and a flask?

Cyclopean grants Shock and Ignite immune so you'd still need a flask or just take freezes. Most of us take the ailment nodes in center of tree for needed resists and they decrease freeze duration.

But cyclopean requires different boots than rainbows due to missing resists and Death's DOor doesn't fully cover those. How do you cover resists?

I cover resists with corrupted mod of +to all resist on belt, clustergems with resists and implicit mods on rings.
Last edited by Exxi on Feb 4, 2021, 2:06:50 AM
"
tiesto123 wrote:
This build isn't tanky at all. I die so damn much with it. Screw this build it's honestly one of the worst I have ever wasted my time on.

Maybe it's you or the playstyle just doesn't fit you? This is by far the tankiest build I've ever played in all these years and the first I made lvl100 with so it has to be tanky.

Just had a look at your potions but there are some wrong ones there. I prefer to use 2x worm flask, 1x quicksilver and 2x granite. You are using a potion with poison immunity while we already have CI so poison does not even touch us.

Using granites with bleed and ignite removal is a huge boost to our armour and therefore ES on block so whenever I am swamped in mobs I pop the flasks pre-emptively and continuously to make sure I have both a LOT of armour to defend myself with (about 110k with granite up) and at the same time make sure I cannot be ignited or catch a bleed as the flasks refill so fast when you are in the middle of huge mob packs. Waiting for an ailment to hit before you use a flask can cause you to be too late.

Also, I wonder if people may mistake degen on the ground with DoTs. There are various degens around which will deplete your ES fast if you just keep standing in it. So, a little awareness and sometimes quick reaction is still required even if we are so tanky.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Anyone who has the build fully operational able to take a video of this build doing a simulacrum run? I had the build completed but gems were not fully leveled. I am wondering if this build is capable of doing 5 stacks of loot consistently. I would get 3-4 stacks on the non-leveled gem version which I consider unacceptable but if someone is able to consistently do it I would def have to take another look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info