[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Zerber wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:
Anyone killed maving yet? or Moved into uncharted atlas points? Or we all struggling?

I am at 6005 Energy shield - 75 / 75 block - Not killed maven.

I mean if you have only 6k ES... Why do you use pride instead of a 6L HoP setup?!?! Your rings do not have 23 or 24 percent quality. No way you can run your socketed pride with this setup. You also specced into minion nodes before you graped ES/Mana nodes.

Its clear why you are struggling when you have 6k ES and play only with a 5L...

I mean I repeat myself but this isnt a build you can slowly gear up to and still play comfortably. Before you get everything set up and are at least lvl 90 you will have to play like a typical necro that hides behind his minions.

The gear discribed by the guy that made the build is the BARE MINIMUM to tank stuff and do enough damage to not die of boredom while doing end game bosses. Its not a cheap build that can do everything for 10ex its a build where you need 10ex to even start and something like 30 to 50ex to make it deal good damage on top of the tankiness.

To do really good damage you need expensive gear like for example a +1 skin of the loyal, a gold anointment on your amulet to run dread banner + multistrike or a +1 strength or phys gems amulet with T1 int and T1 dex. The holy grail would be a +1 Sentinel enchant memory vault but good luck getting that.

Hey, I did some basic math and I only need 159 STR and 108 DEX to maintain the gems, if I remove Astramentis I'll only need 24 DEX extra to maintain the gems, why do I need an amulet with T1 DEX and INT? or I'm missing some %attribute? also can I craft with harvest something like that? If u can look my profile and give me some advices I'll fully appreciate ^^
"
Hey, I did some basic math and I only need 159 STR and 108 DEX to maintain the gems, if I remove Astramentis I'll only need 24 DEX extra to maintain the gems, why do I need an amulet with T1 DEX and INT? or I'm missing some %attribute? also can I craft with harvest something like that? If u can look my profile and give me some advices I'll fully appreciate ^^

You're going to need 111 dex for lvl 20 withering touch. It's a both a (+16%) DPS and quality of life support gem for spiders to keep their duration up for longer.

WHen you remove Astramentis you're short about 30 dex. so an easy way is to find an abyss jewel with +DEX to gain extra DEX from the belt mod.
"
enemymigs wrote:
Rallying cry seems lackluster on DPS per PoB and in use. Anyone else forgo using it? Makes room for Cast when stunned+Holy relic and/or Faster Attack shield charge (for non-flame dashers).

I am not using it. Hate it as well. Already have enough to click with signal prey and spirit offering so another skill interrupts my gameplay even more. I also don't understand the number on the skill when you use it and how it relates to exerted attacks. Perhaps it helps when you need more DPS and I think Vatinas explained somewhere that it gives about 8% more damage but I don't like it.

Also, I'm using both shield charge and flame dash. For mapping it's just nice to charge around for faster movement. I could of course swap shield charge with rallying cry on e.g. the maven fights where you don't need to use shield charge.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Zyslakc wrote:
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:
Anyone killed maving yet? or Moved into uncharted atlas points? Or we all struggling?

I am at 6005 Energy shield - 75 / 75 block - Not killed maven.

I mean if you have only 6k ES... Why do you use pride instead of a 6L HoP setup?!?! Your rings do not have 23 or 24 percent quality. No way you can run your socketed pride with this setup. You also specced into minion nodes before you graped ES/Mana nodes.

Its clear why you are struggling when you have 6k ES and play only with a 5L...

I mean I repeat myself but this isnt a build you can slowly gear up to and still play comfortably. Before you get everything set up and are at least lvl 90 you will have to play like a typical necro that hides behind his minions.

The gear discribed by the guy that made the build is the BARE MINIMUM to tank stuff and do enough damage to not die of boredom while doing end game bosses. Its not a cheap build that can do everything for 10ex its a build where you need 10ex to even start and something like 30 to 50ex to make it deal good damage on top of the tankiness.

To do really good damage you need expensive gear like for example a +1 skin of the loyal, a gold anointment on your amulet to run dread banner + multistrike or a +1 strength or phys gems amulet with T1 int and T1 dex. The holy grail would be a +1 Sentinel enchant memory vault but good luck getting that.

Yeah you are right T1 dex isnt needed. Their isnt much you can improve without extremly rare or expensive gear. A maybee cheap upgrade would be a elegant hubris instead of a fortress covenant with 2x 80% increased minion damage. Its more dps than fortress kovenant and the ravenous horde nodes but less points spent. You could also put a large minion damage cluster jewel in the slot where your 2 cluster jewels are and ditch the redemption/righteous army nodes, its a bit more dps and gives you room for another medium cluster jewel or a megalomaniac with good nodes.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 2, 2021, 5:19:24 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
A maybee cheap upgrade would be a elegant hubris instead of a fortress covenant with 2x 80% increased minion damage. Its more dps than fortress kovenant and the ravenous horde nodes but less points spent. You could also put a large minion damage cluster jewel in the slot where your 2 cluster jewels are and ditch the redemption/righteous army nodes, its a bit more dps and gives you room for another medium cluster jewel or a megalomaniac with good nodes.

Is it basically just trial and error (and lots of luck) to get the right timeless jewel roll for that? Or is there a way to deterministically get one that will give 2x80%? Seems like a needle in a haystack otherwise.
"
King_Haart wrote:

Is it basically just trial and error (and lots of luck) to get the right timeless jewel roll for that? Or is there a way to deterministically get one that will give 2x80%? Seems like a needle in a haystack otherwise.

pure luck

Im using one with 84820 coins in the slot below pain attunement. it gives 160% for 7 points spend.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 2, 2021, 6:41:05 AM
Hey Guys,
I know I am still in the levelling process, I am missing Jewels and alternate quality gems as well as a 6-link Body armour.
But for the last two or three days it seems that I took a few steps back instead forward and I can´t figure out what my problem is.
I am dying awfully often in these last days, often one-hits.
I did some changes but as mentioned before I can´t figure it out and need a light slap to the back of my head.
I would appreciate if someone could take the time to look over my current build.
Perhaps my problem is more obvious to some of you.
Thanks in advance

https://pastebin.com/Fzrxd8a8
"
Dreenan wrote:
Hey Guys,
I know I am still in the levelling process, I am missing Jewels and alternate quality gems as well as a 6-link Body armour.
But for the last two or three days it seems that I took a few steps back instead forward and I can´t figure out what my problem is.
I am dying awfully often in these last days, often one-hits.
I did some changes but as mentioned before I can´t figure it out and need a light slap to the back of my head.
I would appreciate if someone could take the time to look over my current build.
Perhaps my problem is more obvious to some of you.
Thanks in advance

https://pastebin.com/Fzrxd8a8

In your PoB u haven't taken the Chaos Inoculation node, chaos damage bypass the energy shield and u only have 1500 life.
Ouch LOL. Not taking CI with most of the gear for the build... how can you even level up? :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Feb 3, 2021, 2:09:39 AM
Hey thanks for the guide. Fun build, super tanky, meh dps (in t16+ anyhow). Enjoying it now in 3.13.

It may have been mentioned before, but I wanted to note that if you grab a medium aura-effect cluster jewel with both Uncompromising (30% reduced determination reservation) and Self-Control (30% reduced discipline reservation), then it works out so you only need one Circle of Guilt ring. I find freeing up one ring slot introduced some flexibility to the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info