[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
lewo wrote:

Instead of darkness enthroned i suggest a crytal belt, and if you can get a discipline spell block watcher's eye, we could replace the boots with a higher es version.

A rare stygian vise is also an option for the belt. Even if you get the spell block elsewhere, having your minions blind is a very good additional layer of defense, imo.
Finally snagged two circles of guilt with reservation (18 + 20) + minion damage for 50c apiece.

What's weird is that I already had a 19+20 setup (just no minion damage, and 5L) and when I switched the 19 and 18, my mana reservation went up 2% - seems there's definitely some rounding there. What's even *weirder* is that switching the two 20%'s *changed it back*.

Is it necessary to do some rolls on the 18%'r if I want to eventually get a full 6 link up, or will fully-catalyst'ed 18+20 be enough? Bit concerned it might not be given the above rolls and it's VERY expensive to check. Wish there was a way to see what +20% quality would do for a given item since the numbers are rounded for display/calcs but apparently not in the code itself when it comes to adding/multiplying them.
"
tiesto123 wrote:
This build was promising but I die pretty often. No where near as tanky as other builds. Wish I had have not wasted my time on this one.

Mind linking your POB for everyone? I'm finding this build *incredibly* tanky. As others have said, you're either under-leveled and missing quite a bit of points in your tree, speccing wrong, or don't have all the gear yet. I'm finding it difficult to die - as in I just don't die. Even with ridiculous mob density and lagging out in the middle of it all... I live. I face tank pretty much everything while watching shows.
Is anyone tried to kill Maven with this build? In my opinion he lacks DPS and tankness on her. Most of Maven skills i cant block or tank, her debuff what blocking my ES regen and shield charge so slow to dodge or do memory test.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Last edited by TheBigStan on Feb 1, 2021, 7:55:44 AM
I strongly recommend using flame dash or similar, shield charge really isn't good at dodging must-dodge style effects. I haven't had many issues with tankiness in the Maven fight (obviously, you can't tank her memory game failure or the blob explosion, etc)
Anyone killed maving yet? or Moved into uncharted atlas points? Or we all struggling?

I am at 6005 Energy shield - 75 / 75 block - Not killed maven.
Last edited by Sazzbot on Feb 1, 2021, 10:27:54 AM
"
Sazzbot wrote:
Anyone killed maving yet? or Moved into uncharted atlas points? Or we all struggling?

I mean if you have only 6k ES... Why do you use pride instead of a 6L HoP setup?!?! Your rings do not have 23 or 24 percent quality. No way you can run your socketed pride with this setup. You also specced into minion nodes before you graped ES/Mana nodes.

Its clear why you are struggling when you have 6k ES and play only with a 5L...

I mean I repeat myself but this isnt a build you can slowly gear up to and still play comfortably. Before you get everything set up and are at least lvl 90 you will have to play like a typical necro that hides behind his minions.

The gear discribed by the guy that made the build is the BARE MINIMUM to tank stuff and do enough damage to not die of boredom while doing end game bosses. Its not a cheap build that can do everything for 10ex its a build where you need 10ex to even start and something like 30 to 50ex to make it deal good damage on top of the tankiness.

To do really good damage you need expensive gear like for example a +1 skin of the loyal, a gold anointment on your amulet to run dread banner + multistrike or a +1 strength or phys gems amulet with T1 int and T1 dex. The holy grail would be a +1 Sentinel enchant memory vault but good luck getting that.

Last edited by Zerber on Feb 1, 2021, 10:59:18 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:

I mean if you have only 6k ES... Why do you use pride instead of a 6L HoP setup?!?! Your rings do not have 23 or 24 percent quality. No way you can run your socketed pride with this setup. You also specced into minion nodes before you graped ES/Mana nodes.

Its clear why you are struggling when you have 6k ES and play only with a 5L...

I mean I repeat myself but this isnt a build you can slowly gear up to and still play comfortably. Before you get everything set up and are at least lvl 90 you will have to play like a typical necro that hides behind his minions.

The gear discribed by the guy that made the build is the BARE MINIMUM to tank stuff and do enough damage to not die of boredom while doing end game bosses. Its not a cheap build that can do everything for 10ex its a build where you need 10ex to even start and something like 30 to 50ex to make it deal good damage on top of the tankiness.

The pride is not activated. I am simply leveling pride to sell. My rings can not allow me to utilize 6 links. You simply misunderstood by my only Pride gem im leveling up to sell. But your post mention nothing else except that.

Last edited by Sazzbot on Feb 1, 2021, 11:10:35 AM
how important is the last few % of mana reserve on the rings. 20% mana reserves are 1ex whilst 24% are 4ex. can I save a bit of currency buying the 20% rings ?
even 22% are only 2ex which is half the price.
Last edited by Mortiis87 on Feb 1, 2021, 11:00:22 AM
"
Mortiis87 wrote:
how important is the last few % of mana reserve on the rings. 20% mana reserves are 1ex whilst 24% are 4ex. can I save a bit of currency buying the 20% rings ?

To get 24% you need to use catalyst.

Normally the rings limit is at 20% (i believe)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Circle_of_Guilt_(Synthesised)

Yeah 20% is the limit. so you should look for 20% rings
Last edited by Sazzbot on Feb 1, 2021, 11:02:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info