[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
GrimzEcho wrote:
I'm thinking of switching over to this or a similar Mana Guardian build from my Freezing Pulse totem Hierophant.

I don't mind making a medium-sized investment (say anything less than 50 ex).

Can anyone running this confirm that it is able to do clear all of the new Maven content?

Specifically:
* Maven buffed Uber Atziri
* Maven Areana: 4 Breachllords
* Maven 10 boss fight (depends on the bosses of course)
* Maven buffed Elder/Shaper
* Maven herself

I'm trying to "complete" the bosses this league as a personal goal, as I haven't ever managed to do it before (came close in Harvest with a Zombie Necro).

I really think a lot of these guides should have the "all-content" flag removed until they have been tested in Echos of the Atlas.

If this build doesn't fit that, anyone have any suggestions on a build that does?

Actually I totally agree your points. I completed so far 4 breachlords and 4 elder guardians. and had no problem with sirus 7, climbing up to sirus 8.

waiting for gaze into the abyss to try elder/shaper. Btw, you can complete this build under 10ex budget, min-max should be around 30ex
Does Block Recovery (and/or Stun and Block Recovery) do anything for this build?
Great, I have managed to fix most of the issue now, however, now I came across The Eradicator, and on the second phase, its keeps killing me with either his or the aoe attack from the surrounding. I tried to use the immune to shock flask but still not allowing me to regenerate ES.

"
lewo wrote:
"
herrick0817 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/herrick0817/characters

This is my progress so far, however, I recently encountered The Enslaver elder guardian on a T14. I keep dying because of the fire dmg which I couldn't either dodge or ES regent couldn't catch up in time.

Just wondering is this normal? I find in certain boss fights I couldn't sustain my spiders because of ran out of flasks as well.

Maybe I should grind lower-tier red maps before taking more of the bosses.

1st of all get a shaper's touch, it will improve your overall stats and will provide you accuracy that you require.
İf you lack resists, get them from your abys jewels or grab a yellow belt.
Replace your astramentis with a non corrupted one, use intrinsic catalysts on it to improve its attributes and annoint it with potency of will (increases skill effect duration, so spiders will last longer)

anomalous withering touch gem will improve skill duration aswell.
Replace maim support with chance to bleed on your cylcone for now as you dont have any chance to bleed (no vuln corruption or anomalous maim or divergent bloodlust)

these might help you out.
and please dont buy corrupted items without %20 quality you lack the es and armour which does add up.
Bought some gloves that are better than shapers touch even after you specced into resolute technique. The +2 duration gives 2 levels to discipline because it has a duration tag if you use vaal disc.

"
herrick0817 wrote:
Great, I have managed to fix most of the issue now, however, now I came across The Eradicator, and on the second phase, its keeps killing me with either his or the aoe attack from the surrounding. I tried to use the immune to shock flask but still not allowing me to regenerate ES.

Hmm something seems to be wrong because I can stand afk in the eradicator arena and wont die.

I seriously dont get why people die all the time.

I found 4 things that I cant reliable facetank with this build.

- Shaper beam and other strong degens
- t16 100% delirium kosis with super dangerous map mods like shock & extra crit damage
- uber atziri flame blasts
- Things you are not meant to tank like sirus meteor or maven's game.

"
Any thoughts on Avarius Militant Faith, placed under Templar start?

The keystone removes 80% of our mana, it would result in way less ES and armor
Last edited by Zerber on Jan 31, 2021, 8:47:38 AM
Thanks for the build, never had a Sirus fight so easy, need a bit of min/max for some items, and figure how to get 7k ES, 6.4k atm, not a beginner build but for players with exp on the game is a good league starter.

this is my current gear, cleared out today, maven influenced shaper, uber atziri, and elder. waiting to find cortex map. 4 elder and 4 shaper guardians and 4 breachlords also completed.

Uber Atziri was really a pain, and shaper had 3 copies at phase 3. Atziri can and will definetly kill you, and shaper's beam is deadly other you can just face tank. This build definetly took some hit from the nerfs. Cluster Jewel is worse, Glancing blows is worse, clarity es jewel got halved. Still performs fairly well.

Instead of darkness enthroned i suggest a crytal belt, and if you can get a discipline spell block watcher's eye, we could replace the boots with a higher es version.
"
lewo wrote:
Instead of darkness enthroned i suggest a crytal belt, and if you can get a discipline spell block watcher's eye, we could replace the boots with a higher es version.

Yeah I've been trying to free myself a bit from the limits that spell resists impose on gear.

I got a small cluster jewel with Second Skin (30% armor, 3%+1% spell block) with a -1% mana reserved instead of Stalwart Commander. Probably not *quite* as good, but a pretty good budget option considering the relative prices. Should hopefully allow me to go for 17-18% rings instead of 19-20%.* And it frees me from needing the 2% spell block abyss jewel, so I can just get an ES belt instead.

The Watcher's Eye with Discipline would let us get other boots like Stampede so we can cyclone 24/7, though I'm not sure the loss of speed boosts from flasks is worth it. Hate being slow in town though. :(

*The rings are so expensive, is it worth buying a cheaper low roll and just divine=spamming it?
Last edited by King_Haart on Jan 31, 2021, 6:14:09 PM
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
lewo wrote:

Yeah I've been trying to free myself a bit from the limits that spell resists impose on gear.

I got a small cluster jewel with Second Skin (30% armor, 3%+1% spell block) with a -1% mana reserved instead of Stalwart Commander. Probably not *quite* as good, but a pretty good budget option considering the relative prices. Should hopefully allow me to go for 17-18% rings instead of 19-20%.* And it frees me from needing the 2% spell block abyss jewel, so I can just get an ES belt instead.

The Watcher's Eye with Discipline would let us get other boots like Stampede so we can cyclone 24/7, though I'm not sure the loss of speed boosts from flasks is worth it. Hate being slow in town though. :(

*The rings are so expensive, is it worth buying a cheaper low roll and just divine=spamming it?

Aegis Aurora can be corrupted to give +4-5% spell block thats how I solved the problem with getting rid of rainbowstrides.
This build was promising but I die pretty often. No where near as tanky as other builds. Wish I had have not wasted my time on this one.
"
tiesto123 wrote:
This build was promising but I die pretty often. No where near as tanky as other builds. Wish I had have not wasted my time on this one.

Lol what? You can face tank almost anything with this build. I bet you arent lvl 90+ with all necessary gear ect... You can count the stuff that has a chance of killing this build when its geared on one hand.

A lot of people here in this thread do not get that all mana guardian builds need ALL pieces of the gear and usually a lvl of 90 to 95 to work.
Last edited by Zerber on Jan 31, 2021, 7:54:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info