[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hello folks, there are 2 belt enchantments in gear section:
* +300 armour while you have Fortify
* Enemies maimed by you take 8% increased physical damage over time

I have 2 belts, one of them has armour and another:
* Enemies withered by you have -6% to all resistances

Considering we have withering touch on our fang, our enemies are always withered, which means it should be a good dps option.
Is it good enough to use, or the one with armour is better?

Last edited by Beazt02 on Jan 30, 2021, 8:21:05 PM
"
Beazt02 wrote:

* Enemies withered by you take 8% increased physical damage over time

Considering we have withering touch on our fang, our enemies are always withered, which means it should be a good dps option.

What do you need more, DPS or Defense? That should make the choice rather easy.

I personally am looking for ways to increase DPS, as just about the only 2 things that kill me are "one shot" which will go right though a little extra armor and ES regen, and DOTS, which this build is weak on, if you do not click lighting fast on the right flask when they hit you.
i played this build a few times before and decided to make it again this league. just dumped 35ex into it and this feels so much worse than it used to. did this build get insanely nerfed? the damage and defensives don't feel half as good as they were two leagues ago.
"
Beazt02 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's our minions that inflict wither, not us. "You" usually refers specifically to the player, not to their minions.
"
TrueGohan wrote:
i played this build a few times before and decided to make it again this league. just dumped 35ex into it and this feels so much worse than it used to. did this build get insanely nerfed? the damage and defensives don't feel half as good as they were two leagues ago.

Looks like some of your gear isn't fully-linked. Not sure if it matters for the fang, but for the boots at least Maim not being linked probably hurts your DPS.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
"
Beazt02 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's our minions that inflict wither, not us. "You" usually refers specifically to the player, not to their minions.

Oh right, I should have looked better, now I understand, thanks <3
"
Rainbowfire wrote:
"
Beazt02 wrote:

* Enemies withered by you take 8% increased physical damage over time

What do you need more, DPS or Defense? That should make the choice rather easy.

I personally am looking for ways to increase DPS, as just about the only 2 things that kill me are "one shot" which will go right though a little extra armor and ES regen, and DOTS, which this build is weak on, if you do not click lighting fast on the right flask when they hit you.

The guy after you mentioned that enemies have to be withered by "you", and I am not an expert in game mechanics to say either it would or wouldn't work if enemies are withered by spiders. Perhaps someone more qualified than I can confirm this?
Btw I made a mistake where I wrote the wrong enchantment, sorry if I got someone confused.
The two linked belts are the ones I have, correct enchantments are there, not in text I wrote
I'm thinking of switching over to this or a similar Mana Guardian build from my Freezing Pulse totem Hierophant.

I don't mind making a medium-sized investment (say anything less than 50 ex).

Can anyone running this confirm that it is able to do clear all of the new Maven content?

Specifically:
* Maven buffed Uber Atziri
* Maven Areana: 4 Breachllords
* Maven 10 boss fight (depends on the bosses of course)
* Maven buffed Elder/Shaper
* Maven herself

I'm trying to "complete" the bosses this league as a personal goal, as I haven't ever managed to do it before (came close in Harvest with a Zombie Necro).

I really think a lot of these guides should have the "all-content" flag removed until they have been tested in Echos of the Atlas.

If this build doesn't fit that, anyone have any suggestions on a build that does?
Hey,

Any thoughts on Avarius Militant Faith, placed under Templar start?
With 5 points for jewel + keystone, on 4k mana we get 6400 armour
We also get 105 devotion, which can translate to minion attack speed and probably ele res, to help us cap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info