[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
braniels2 wrote:
Hello, signal prey dont works? i try to cast but nothing happen

What are you expecting to happen? It works fine for me. Just hover over the target you want the spiders/sentinels to focus on, click signal prey and they all run towards it until the selected target is dead.

At 20/20, anomalous predator support gives a total of 49% MORE spider damage to the prey and -4% all resistances on top. Since the spiders are using Viper Strike as skill it means they do a bit more chaos damage to the prey as well.
If you have anomalous predator support on your spiders and normal predator support on HoP just be sure to slot the anomalous one on your skill bar (it will show the -4% all resist)

I mean that i dont see any effect or icon above the mob/boss (like before), i click the signal but nothing happen, sentinels/spider do nothing.

EDIT: ok, now i see it, i think only works if i use above a mob, my bad.
Last edited by braniels2 on Jan 28, 2021, 9:54:36 AM
"
Lunethzz wrote:

That's because your suggestion makes you miss out on stalwart commander

Which got nerfed in 3.13, and gave determination 10% more armour and 50 flat ES + some recovery from discipline. Doesn't really seem like that big a deal, to solve mana reservation issues if someone was having them, Or if they just wanted a more budget option.
Hey Guys,

maybe some of you who've killed Maven Uber could give me some advice, which Items I should focus on next. I feel that I'm lacking damage right now, T16 and bosses are fine, it's just that Uber with Maven reallly wasn't moving anymore. I've also switched in Melee Physical for the Single Boss of course.

Would Shapers Touch with the Curse be the natural upgrade now or should I try get socket in Empower 4 first? Or should I start picking up alternate Quality Gems now?

Maybe I'm missing something essential which I'm not paying attention too right now.

"
Zerber wrote:
"
unciuchino wrote:
Has anyone done the Maven fight, the breachlord 4-way, etc with this build? How was it? Were the defences enough? Was the dps enough to not simply die from attrition?

Did 4-way elder guardians an hour ago. Died once to a smash i forgot to dodge while at half ES but everything else was just face tanking.

You really need a dousing and staunching flask with "gain a charge when you get hit by an enemy" without dousing it would be near impossible.

Edit: Did it at lvl 88 with only 6,5K ES. A4 Sirus was super easy too. Oh and both accidently with melee splash spiders because i forgot to switch to melee phys.

Thanks for the info, admittedly the shaper & elder guardian 4-way are significantly easier than the other ones imo (did them deathless ez-pz on my current char too), but good to know.

I have my controversial personal opinion on Sirus, which is that the challenge of that fight is 99% related to the difficulty to actually see where tf he is teleporting around to due to the pretty bad visual/colour design, so I won't comment further on that fight, things won't change based on the build.

Just looking at PoB my guess that I would be moving from around 11 mil theoretical sirus dps of my current build to around 5 mil with this one, but if those 5 mil are there almost right from the start of any fight instead of taking quite a few seconds of whaling at the boss in melee range (pretty irrealistic...), the trade-off is probably worth it, especially considering this build looks way tankier.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
First try at the Maven with this build. Figured people might be interested how it handles that fight:

+ Feel very tanky, at no point did I feel threatened by her normal attacks or the map bosses she spawns in. Of course, one-shot mechanics still one-shot us, so don't stand in the rotating death-beam.
+ Map bosses might in fact be a benefit for us since they give us a lot more attacks/spells to block and heal from, just take out any that spawn DoT degen ground.

- DPS is low enough that she does the memory game multiple times per phase, which is...painful. Especially if you have a bad memory.

However, even with the 'low' DPS the individual phases don't feel like they take that long, you can see her life go down fairly quickly. It's been a while since I did him but I would probably say the fight is faster than Shaper and definitely very doable once you know the mechanics.

I recommend flamedash or similar instead of shield charge to get through the rotating death-beam. Also, her DoT blobs are not as bad as I feared (since I know DoT is our main weakness), they damage you slowly enough you have plenty of time to leave them again or run through them if you have to.

Nice, have you by chance done also the 4 breachlord fight, 4 synthesis fight and the uber-atziri-shaper-cortex ones?
"
Silkerin wrote:
"
im curious how does that predator support work? why both Spiders and HOP need it? do you have to use both Signal Preys for both to benefit?

You need both spiders and HoP to have a predator gem linked, but then the same Predator "command" will work for all your minions. The damage boost is nice but it is also the best way to have your minions focus on a boss and not kill your worms when you need to resummon your spiders.

By the way if worms die on caustic ground from desecrate they still count as your kill, so you don't need to cyclone them if you flood the floor with desecrate first.

Thanks I understand now!
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
"
unciuchino wrote:

I have my controversial personal opinion on Sirus, which is that the challenge of that fight is 99% related to the difficulty to actually see where tf he is teleporting around to due to the pretty bad visual/colour design, so I won't comment further on that fight, things won't change based on the build.

Not gona lie spiders instantly charging sirius in the last phase so you always know where he is is a huge quality of life thing in this fight.
"
unciuchino wrote:

Nice, have you by chance done also the 4 breachlord fight, 4 synthesis fight and the uber-atziri-shaper-cortex ones?

I've done breachlords twice, haven't gotten the maps for synthesis or the feared one.

Breachlords do feel pretty tough, first time I had some pretty stupid mods on the (rare) invitation and failed it. Second time it was fairly easy, though it took a while to wear them down. That was a few gear/gem upgrades ago, I've gotten some damage upgrades since then.

Keeping in mind I still have room to grow and am not the best at dodging mechanics, the build can definitely do breachlords.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
"
unciuchino wrote:

I've done breachlords twice, haven't gotten the maps for synthesis or the feared one.

Breachlords do feel pretty tough, first time I had some pretty stupid mods on the (rare) invitation and failed it. Second time it was fairly easy, though it took a while to wear them down. That was a few gear/gem upgrades ago, I've gotten some damage upgrades since then.

Keeping in mind I still have room to grow and am not the best at dodging mechanics, the build can definitely do breachlords.

I failed the 4 shaper guardians fight with rare mods on! First thing I've found hard (AL8 sirus, cortex, elder, shaper no problem - working my way to uber elder now but dont anticipate issues), I just shoved it in without lookig at the mods and then though 'oh wait, maybe I shouldn't have done that'. Once you die in those fights it can be ahrd to get back in and get set up again.
Hey, I've been playing this build and it's great so far but compared to the PoB for my level I'm lacking about 1k ES I'm only at ~5.2k and the PoB is nearly 7k is it just because of bad rolls on my uniques or is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info