[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Zerber wrote:
People complain about lack of damage, its not a cheap build.

If your rings lack "sentinels of purity deal X% increased damage" bosses will feel slow.
If you dont have empower 4 + awakened minion damage damage might still feel low.

You can easily boost damage further if you are willing to give up 25% increased duration:

- Anoint charisma on your amulet (expensive its a 2x gold anoint)

- Remove clarity and put in dread banner.

- swap ruthless with multistrike in your 6L

Edit: You can remove the warcry its damage increase is so minor its not worth a slot.

well said, ill add that getting aul's allows us to use Pride which is also a huge dmg boost
"
Noice_Applez wrote:
"
Zerber wrote:

If your rings lack "sentinels of purity deal X% increased damage" bosses will feel slow.
If you dont have empower 4 + awakened minion damage damage might still feel low.

You can easily boost damage further if you are willing to give up 25% increased duration:

- Anoint charisma on your amulet (expensive its a 2x gold anoint)

- Remove clarity and put in dread banner.

- swap ruthless with multistrike in your 6L

Edit: You can remove the warcry its damage increase is so minor its not worth a slot.

well said, ill add that getting aul's allows us to use Pride which is also a huge dmg boost

I think unequipping astramentis would make the build unplayable
Just got down AL8 Sirus deathless with this and a nice awakeners orb for my troubles. I see some people complaining about dps - as others have posted it really makes a difference to get the damage rings and also a good medium cluster jewel. You can still go far with two budget '20% reduced' rings though and a few catalysts easily farmable with the metamorph atlas passives in Lex Ejoris. I got down Sirus at AL5 without the damage rings fairly easily.

Other than the rings, I'd say this build has been pretty cost efficient and it is really fun to play. You can easily farm the ex required for the damage rings once you get it off the ground. If you check my build you can see that I also don't have any souped up gems yet or an empower lv 4 or anything like that - and my gear is still not 'best in slot' rolls.

The build is great for a lot of the content in the game but I will say this: it is not amazing at blights (but if you play towers right you can still get them done) and it is really bad at legions, sadly, since the legion atlals passive is broke af this league. You can still search for the warhoard/general and break them, out though so you still get something out of them. Oh, and dots are annoying.

Others have questioned this as a league starter - I found it completely fine. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginners though as whilst the acts were easy, transitioning to the full build in maps did require planning and some thrifty shopping here and there. If you've played a few leagues and want to try out something a bit more complex than the average starter I'd recommend this.
Hello, signal prey dont works? i try to cast but nothing happen
"

please read the pros and cons
>+ Since this build uses almost only unique items, it’s relatively cheap to min-max

Super relatively cheap, u need to buy 2 clusters 120c each, u need to buy 2 rings 250c each. And dont forget fertile catalysts(20*2=40, 40*3c each =120c)
also gems, also abyss jewels.
ok u can play with shitty ass body armour.
BUT, i dont have damage on red maps at all, i have everything except rings with dmg. and im killing bosses like 10 minutes.
Noone answered how the fuck you guys get 120k+ on each sentinel.
Even if u buy rings, get clusters, get jewels with minion dmg its still aroud 45k dmg on each sentinel.

its maybe ok if u know how to make billions in this game, but not for me.
"
braniels2 wrote:
Hello, signal prey dont works? i try to cast but nothing happen

What are you expecting to happen? It works fine for me. Just hover over the target you want the spiders/sentinels to focus on, click signal prey and they all run towards it until the selected target is dead.

At 20/20, anomalous predator support gives a total of 49% MORE spider damage to the prey and -4% all resistances on top. Since the spiders are using Viper Strike as skill it means they do a bit more chaos damage to the prey as well.
If you have anomalous predator support on your spiders and normal predator support on HoP just be sure to slot the anomalous one on your skill bar (it will show the -4% all resist)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
theMaurizzio wrote:
"

>+ Since this build uses almost only unique items, it’s relatively cheap to min-max

Super relatively cheap, u need to buy 2 clusters 120c each, u need to buy 2 rings 250c each. And dont forget fertile catalysts(20*2=40, 40*3c each =120c)
BUT, i dont have damage on red maps at all, i have everything except rings with dmg. and im killing bosses like 10 minutes.
Even if u buy rings, get clusters, get jewels with minion dmg its still aroud 45k dmg on each sentinel.

I'm running juiced t16 maps just fine on my character, and i've hardly invested in it at all.

I keep seeing mana reservation posts in this thread, and people keep on just ignoring my suggestion, but hey whatever.

You have two circle of guilts that have no added Sentinel of purity damage, no kidding it feels like they do no damage.

If you simply use a a small cluster jewel with the "uncompromising" notable you can use any % mana reservation rings. So you can worry more about getting a higher %dmg sentinel ring and a shitty mana reservation % for a lot less currency.

I'm currently using a 22% and 17% ring, AND I'm also running generosity-Dread Banner so I can use Impale with my minions. Thats an extra 10% mana reservation.

Just use the small cluster and no one would have to spend all that money on perfect rings or catalysts.

But this is like the 3rd time I've said it in this thread, and watched people continue to keep whining and complaining about RMR and damage lol.
First try at the Maven with this build. Figured people might be interested how it handles that fight:

+ Feel very tanky, at no point did I feel threatened by her normal attacks or the map bosses she spawns in. Of course, one-shot mechanics still one-shot us, so don't stand in the rotating death-beam.
+ Map bosses might in fact be a benefit for us since they give us a lot more attacks/spells to block and heal from, just take out any that spawn DoT degen ground.

- DPS is low enough that she does the memory game multiple times per phase, which is...painful. Especially if you have a bad memory.

However, even with the 'low' DPS the individual phases don't feel like they take that long, you can see her life go down fairly quickly. It's been a while since I did him but I would probably say the fight is faster than Shaper and definitely very doable once you know the mechanics.

I recommend flamedash or similar instead of shield charge to get through the rotating death-beam. Also, her DoT blobs are not as bad as I feared (since I know DoT is our main weakness), they damage you slowly enough you have plenty of time to leave them again or run through them if you have to.
"
Fairstrider wrote:
"
theMaurizzio wrote:
"

I'm running juiced t16 maps just fine on my character, and i've hardly invested in it at all.

I keep seeing mana reservation posts in this thread, and people keep on just ignoring my suggestion, but hey whatever.

You have two circle of guilts that have no added Sentinel of purity damage, no kidding it feels like they do no damage.

If you simply use a a small cluster jewel with the "uncompromising" notable you can use any % mana reservation rings. So you can worry more about getting a higher %dmg sentinel ring and a shitty mana reservation % for a lot less currency.

I'm currently using a 22% and 17% ring, AND I'm also running generosity-Dread Banner so I can use Impale with my minions. Thats an extra 10% mana reservation.

Just use the small cluster and no one would have to spend all that money on perfect rings or catalysts.

But this is like the 3rd time I've said it in this thread, and watched people continue to keep whining and complaining about RMR and damage lol.

That's because your suggestion makes you miss out on stalwart commander
"
theMaurizzio wrote:
"

Damn dude. Little toxic there.

You don't even have a 6L setup. Work on that first. If you check the correct boxes in PoB your sentinels should easily reach 120k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info