[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Just killed AL4 Sirus, survivability is great for sirus fight, until last phase dmg is ok, but last phase was cancer, died once cuz face tanked rotating beams and die beam at the same time lmao, have to do something about my dmg, probably my gems are not qualed/alternate qualed yet, having fun tho, also while mapping at qualed/corrupted red maps, I just get 1 hitted out of nowhere idk why, either some DOT insta'ing my 6.3k ES, or I get really really unluck and can't block anything. Open to suggestions about my gear btw. would appreciate the help. Thanks for the build guide, having lots of fun.

We are at ''same level'' of gear and same issues, also... i'd like to add that this build cant do the map crimson township, the boss is simple impossible for this build.

i'm here to get tips to improve the build as well :)
"
I just get 1 hitted out of nowhere idk why, either some DOT insta'ing my 6.3k ES, or I get really really unluck and can't block anything. Open to suggestions about my gear btw.

That has nothing to do with the build... its just what can happen in PoE.
I played a 20k ES strength stacking Chieftain with tons of phys reduction and overmaxed res three leagues ago and got one shot ocassionaly. You cant just make a build 100% one shot proof. Even aura stackers or people in groups with aura + curse bots get one shot.

"
i'd like to add that this build cant do the map crimson township, the boss is simple impossible for this build.

Killed the boss multible times with this build. No build can kill that boss if you ignore the shadow councillors. The degen is super overtuned though you have like one second to kill the adds that put the debuff on you.
Last edited by Zerber on Jan 26, 2021, 3:55:53 PM
Hey. Thanks so much for the build! I've done Cyclone + Herald of Purity before in various leagues but never like this. And it's my first CI build -- that takes some getting used to but learning how to use Vaal Discipline is helping a ton. I'm still using my Zombies until I get my ES up (currently < 3k but found a Tabula, so using that at the moment). I've never gotten a toon to lv 100 before, I'm guessing this will be the one!
What's a good ES to transition to CI on? I'm at about 4.2K right now, with 9.4K armor before Memory Vault (waiting til I get the rings before using that).

Should I be waiting on any particular jewels or anything?

Also, I'm finding that even at 4.2K ES, I'm still getting my ES entirely removed at times, despite having the Aegis Aurora shield. I'm thinking of running with Energy Leech instead of one of the other Cyclone links in the meantime to compensate for that, would that make sense?

My attach block chance is 75% and spell block chance is at 44% with glancing blows, as the Blue Nightmare (or it's recipe) are still out of budget for me.
[Edit of my post] My answer was in the previous page... My bad
Last edited by Kedaz31 on Jan 26, 2021, 5:53:42 PM
Can't delete message :(
Last edited by Kedaz31 on Jan 26, 2021, 5:44:30 PM
"

My spell block chance is at 72% (probably because i dont use darknesa enthroned belt.

Any other suggestions?

If you have an available gem slot, you can use Tempest Shield but this build uses a lot of things gems already so that might not be the best option. An implicit on Aegis Aurora would be nice if you have the money for one.

"
King_Haart wrote:
What's a good ES to transition to CI on? I'm at about 4.2K right now, with 9.4K armor before Memory Vault (waiting til I get the rings before using that).

I transitioned to CI at about the same amount of ES. I think getting a Memory Vault is more important than the rings as it offers a huge amount of armor. It might be best to mess around in PoB to see what setup offers you more. Plus, Memory Vault is cheap right now. Spiders will be doing a lot of the work until red maps.
"
Lunethzz wrote:

I think it's fact that you need at least 45% reservation on your rings (in my case that 23% and 22%). You can calculate the amount of reservation a fertile catalyst gives.

10% of 15% reservation = 1.5 reservation. So 10% qual on a 15% reservation ring will give 16,5 total (I think the game rounds this of to 17%).
This could be calculated for every roll.
Summed up for you here:

20% on a 15% ring would give 18% mana reservation
20% on a 16% ring would give 19% mana reservation
20% on a 17% ring would give 20% mana reservation
20% on a 18% ring would give 22% mana reservation
20% on a 19% ring would give 23% mana reservation
20% on a 20% ring would give 24% mana reservation

Knowing we need atleast 45% you need atleast 1 ring with 19% reservation rolled. The other one can be 18%. It will take less catalysts if you start of with a better roll ofc.

So max 40 catalysts used when u have a 18% and 19% rings.
Only 25 catalysts when you have 2 20% rings.

Hope this helped. Good luck

Hey, math is good but... Where do you find your 22% with a 18% reserved mana base item ? I just made a test with a 18% reserved mana and the final is 21% and not 22%... It's +1% mana reserved every 6% Quality not 5% quality...

My ring was a 18% (buyed though the link of the guide), after added 20 catalyst, it isn't at 22% as listed but really at 21%.

On POB if you leave Clarity with a 21% and 23% you have 0 mana reserved, you have to remove empower aswell to get it work or get a 22% & 23% (base item with 19% and 20%) atleast (empower on, clarity off and you have 55 mana free which is enough tbh)..

I'm confused :) Something is wrong around there or can you explain it? Why my ring show 21 and not 22 if you are right? I don't understand :o

Thanks

PS: implicits of my ring are shitty i know but can't afford better one for now :p
Last edited by Kedaz31 on Jan 26, 2021, 9:36:50 PM
"
Exxi wrote:
One thing on prices:

I still think it's worth to mention in +/- of this build :)

You don't need "+1 Sentinel of Purity" to do all content.
If you read the whole content, you will see in the end of gear

"Getting the last uniques
By this point you're nearing the min-maxing phase, so keep in mind that you don't "need" do buy what I mention here, it's really just in case you absolutely love the build and want to keep pushing it, but you should be able to do all content even if you stop here."

It list in mix-maxing section just for the rich guy who have tons of mirrors to spend.
Why linking Brutality to HoP gives so less damage boost in PoB ? May be PoB mistakes? I use version from this guide.
It shows that Brutality increases Sentinels dps only by 20%, while Melee Physical Damage gem increases for 35%. Is this correct?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info